Discussion Power Jiraiya’s performance against Pain is overrated

I like Jiraiya, but him beating 3 Paths of Pain isn’t as good as some people think. He only managed to do so by taking advantage of the environment and ambushing them with a genjutsu, which Nagato wouldn’t expect from Jiraiya since he know Jiraiya was bad at genjutsu. The Deva Path wasn’t among those 3, and let’s be honest, the Deva Path is the strongest Path by a huge margin. I’d argue that the Deva Path by himself is potentially worth just as much as the other 5 combined. Had the Deva Path been there, it would have been a different story

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I’m mixed on this. Jiraiya vs Pein showcases why Jiraiya is such a powerful and resourceful Shinobi. With limited information on his opponent, in an unfavorably environment, Jiraiya managed to momentarily beat Pein.

With those circumstances, I’d honestly say I agree with Pein himself. Had Jiraiya known about Nagato’s main body, Jiraiya likely would’ve found it and ended Nagato.

The fight itself is good, though I don’t think it puts Jiraiya near Pein’s level for many reasons.

Pain is >>> Jiraiya

--Even with knowledge not that much you can do against pain ; jiraiya also had an advantage of surroundings ; he got dominated against 3 pains who are not even strongest paths ; deva + Summoning + Absorbing pain would have destroyed him bad still he got dominated and directly said he would die even in Sage mode

Even with knowledge pain bullies jiraiya ; even naruto had lot of advantage against -- Deva path being inactive , pain not willing to kill naruto , asura path being attacked from behind and so on

Jiraiya went into Pains village with no information about Pain or the layout of the village and took out 3 out of 6 but it’s overhyped? Go outside and take in some sun for a little while.
He took out 4
3 got reanimated
One got beaten up while he was fighting 6 paths

Idk this quite the feat I think six paths could beat literally anybody bar Itachi, Sasuke, 3rd Raikage or Naruto

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Going by your own logic, Itachi should be > Madara since Zetsu called Itachi invincible.

Pain claps Itachi with his Konoha-crushing Shinra Tensei
Nah, it’s the fact Zetsu was more astonished by Itachi’s (unknown to him) power immediately after seeing Pein fight with Jiraiya and complaining it was taking awhile to finish