Versus Battle Jiraya vs Kakuzu

Who wins ?

Jiraya can't use Gamabunta nor the other toads.

Kakuzu has the water mask

Verdict : Kakuzu has 6 lives and good durability plus good taijutsu and amazing Jutsu, being able to utilize 5 elements and with amazing strength. The fire jutsu he uses on Kakashi on the forest is OP as fuck.

Jiraya on the other hand has a incompleto Sage Mode that I do think he needs to use it. Jiraya is a beast but so is Kakuzu (and underrated, he's Kage lvl IMO) so ye.

Base Jiraya loses vs Kakuzu high-extreme diff

If Jiraya can get to SM, he wins high diff.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I don't think Jiraiya can enter Sage Mode without Ma/Pa, so that really gives him basic ninjutsu and taijutsu to take down Kakuzu. It's not impossible, just highly unlikely that he'll succeed. Most of his jutsu are based around toads after all.

I give it to Kakuzu Mid Diff. Add in Toad Summonings but restrict Sage Mode and Jiraiya takes it at High Diff. All-Out Jiraiya Low Diffs the corpse puppet.

I don't think Jiraiya can enter Sage Mode without Ma/Pa, so that really gives him basic ninjutsu and taijutsu to take down Kakuzu. It's not impossible, just highly unlikely that he'll succeed. Most of his jutsu are based around toads after all.

I give it to Kakuzu Mid Diff. Add in Toad Summonings but restrict Sage Mode and Jiraiya takes it at High Diff. All-Out Jiraiya Low Diffs the corpse puppet.
He has the tools in the battle to do it, Ma & Pa.

Theyre not restricted, just the giant ones.

Base Jiraya high diff (without Bunta). Sennin Jiraya shit diff.

I still don't know why Kisame & Itachi ran away from him though.
Cuz Itachi was a good guy working for Konoha (even if it's a retcon in reality). He isn't going to kill a Sannin that protect the leaf.

It's the only explanation that Kishimoto can propose to save his powerscaling.

Jiraya (≃Orochimaru<<<<Itachi)>>>Itachi+Kisame is just stupid.

Kakuzu takes base Jiraiya mid-diff and if he doesn't start in SM he's not activating it without a technical retreat.

Even with SM he has a chance, Kakashi who lost to Kakuzu twice was just as if not more capable against a stronger Pain as far as physical stats go, Jiraiya's jutsu don't give him that much of an edge either. Big summons make it complicated though, I'll argue against the overrated sage on a good day tho.