Jujutsu Kaisen, Chapter 203: Blood and Oil, Part 2

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
I don’t think Choso can push Ken to use a domain but he can push him to reveal a little bit of info about his true CT

I don’t think Choso will have 0 impact
He will surely make him reveal something.

And imo that something will seem little to us but Yuki, as a Special Grade, will see some exploitable weakness.

Also, all the talk about Special Grades being able to destroy a country while only mentioning Gojo and Geto was great Yuki hype. She'll bust in and make Kenjaku include her in his monologues from now on lol

Kenjaku used a SG curse on her and proceeded to 1v1 her while praising her. Note the difference in attitude and respect between Choso and Mei.
Couple of things:
- Special Grade Curse Spirits can be beaten by Grade 1 Sorcerers. The Disaster Curses are just an exception and are special even within Special Grade Curses

- Choso is Kenjaku's product so ofc he can and will shit talk him more. His plan is within a few steps of completition so Kenny can now be carefree

- Mei Mei and Ui Ui dipped out of there, likely with the help of Ui Ui's CT. Mei couldn't fight Kenny any more than any other Grade 1 sorcerer

Couple of things:
- Special Grade Curse Spirits can be beaten by Grade 1 Sorcerers. The Disaster Curses are just an exception and are special even within Special Grade Curses

- Choso is Kenjaku's product so ofc he can and will shit talk him more. His plan is within a few steps of completition so Kenny can now be carefree

- Mei Mei and Ui Ui dipped out of there, likely with the help of Ui Ui's CT. Mei couldn't fight Kenny any more than any other Grade 1 sorcerer
Added a note to my previous post, Kenjaku actually bust out a Dragon curse which is definitely not low-level while for Choso he said he wouldn't need more than low-level ones. And why wouldn't Kenjaku shit talk even Mei Mei if she was so weak. Fact is she is not some scrub G1 sorcercer. Young Gojo who's cocky as hell called her strong and she has a one-shot SG curse kill tech. She's also one of the oldest G1 sorcerers even more older than Nanami who was 1st year by the time she was G1.

Their battle was off-screened. We don't know what happened or what diff Mei/Ui pushed him other than they almost got killed. Kenjaku is low-diffing Choso as he is right now (pre-brothers power-up).

Added a note to my previous post, Kenjaku actually bust out a Dragon curse which is definitely not low-level while for Choso he said he wouldn't need more than low-level ones. And why wouldn't Kenjaku shit talk even Mei Mei if she was so weak. Fact is she is not some scrub G1 sorcercer. Young Gojo who's cocky as hell called her strong and she has a one-shot SG curse kill tech. She's also one of the oldest G1 sorcerers even more older than Nanami who was 1st year by the time she was G1.

Their battle was off-screened. We don't know what happened or what diff Mei/Ui pushed him other than they almost got killed. Kenjaku is low-diffing Choso as he is right now (pre-brothers power-up).
I wasn't calling her weak, nor am I about to throw around and diffs (low mid high) since that's become meaningless imo

Kenjaku was in the middle of operation Shibuya when he faced Mei. He had to be cautious just in case anyone capable enough appeared to grab the Prison Realm. With the arrival of Yuki we saw that those fears were warranted.

Also, he is using low level curses but he clearly says he is amplifying their potency with his CE. And a man of his level surely has truckloads of that. So when he says that such an attack is enough for a Grade 1 of Choso's calibre, that includes all Grade 1s. Keep in mind that Choso's body is way sturdier than ordinary human bodies since he's half curse. And he still got wrecked.

I wasn't calling her weak, nor am I about to throw around and diffs (low mid high) since that's become meaningless imo

Kenjaku was in the middle of operation Shibuya when he faced Mei. He had to be cautious just in case anyone capable enough appeared to grab the Prison Realm. With the arrival of Yuki we saw that those fears were warranted.

Also, he is using low level curses but he clearly says he is amplifying their potency with his CE. And a man of his level surely has truckloads of that. So when he says that such an attack is enough for a Grade 1 of Choso's calibre, that includes all Grade 1s. Keep in mind that Choso's body is way sturdier than ordinary human bodies since he's half curse. And he still got wrecked.
I don't buy that. Kenjaku in a SG sorcerer's body was going up against a G1 supposedly weaker than Choso but he 1) praises her as a modern sorcerer, 2) brings out a strong-looking curse, whereas he was taunting Choso with low-level ones. That alone shows me the difference in portrayal between Choso and Mei when Kenjaku evaluates them.

A Grade 1 of Choso's calibre. That does not include all G1s, would be like saying Nanami is on the same level as Naobito when the difference between them was clear. Mei also has reinforcement maxed out, she can definitely be more durable than Choso.

Mei is very underrated in general. The amount of portrayal and skill Gege gave her, from max reinforcement to one-shot tech, while he's treating Choso like this, makes it clear to me that Mei is retroactively better than we thought she was. :king:

I don't buy that. Kenjaku in a SG sorcerer's body was going up against a G1 supposedly weaker than Choso but he 1) praises her as a modern sorcerer, 2) brings out a strong-looking curse, whereas he was taunting Choso with low-level ones. That alone shows me the difference in portrayal between Choso and Mei when Kenjaku evaluates them.

A Grade 1 of Choso's calibre. That does not include all G1s, would be like saying Nanami is on the same level as Naobito when the difference between them was clear. Mei also has reinforcement maxed out, she can definitely be more durable than Choso.

Mei is very underrated in general. The amount of portrayal and skill Gege gave her, from max reinforcement to one-shot tech, while he's treating Choso like this, makes it clear to me that Mei is retroactively better than we thought she was. :king:
He is taunting him because he created him, dude. The father-son theme couldn't be more clear.
He knows Choso is there to get intel on him in a suicide mission so the only thing he's giving him is verbal shitposting. You really think Kenjaku meant what he said about Yuji in this chapter, too? Ofc not. He told Yuji to his face that he expects much from him and even refered to Yuji as his son at the beginning of the CG.

Also, as for durability - Choso with flowing red scale > any grade 1's durability

He is taunting him because he created him, dude. The father-son theme couldn't be more clear.
He knows Choso is there to get intel on him in a suicide mission so the only thing he's giving him is verbal shitposting. You really think Kenjaku meant what he said about Yuji in this chapter, too? Ofc not. He told Yuji to his face that he expects much from him and even refered to Yuji as his son at the beginning of the CG.

Also, as for durability - Choso with flowing red scale > any grade 1's durability
Let’s put away what Kenjaku said of either Choso or Mei Mei since you think he is lying/being condescending - he still bust out a Dragon-curse as opposed to using fodder curses against Mei. That in itself is a clear mark of how much of a threat he saw her.

That’s also debatable. Choso hasn’t done anything to warrant durability high above others in terms of reinforcement. Mei who maxed hers out was able to effortlessly break out of Smallpox’s coffin several times. Now while that is a feat hard to scale since its isolated, Choso was getting hurt by Naoya and even cut up by a small pocket knife. His durability is nothing to praise home about.

Last edited:
Let’s put away what Kenjaku said of either Choso or Mei Mei since you think he is lying/being condescending - he still bust out a Dragon-curse as opposed to using fodder curses against Mei. That in itself is a clear mark of how much of a threat he saw her.

That’s also debatable. Choso hasn’t done anything to warrant durability high above others in terms of reinforcement. Mei who maxed hers out was able to effortlessly break out of Smallpox’s coffin several times. Now while that is a feat hard to scale since its isolated, Choso was getting hurt by Naoya and even cut up by a small pocket knife. His durability is nothing to praise home about.
So we downplaying Naoya now?