• Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Dragomir

Last edited by a moderator:
Really fucking good episode. If I had to nitpick, it's just that I wanted Sukuna's line to be the unofficial version and Mahayana Prison instead of 'self embodiment of perfection'. Other than that, a 10/10 episode, much like pretty much every other. MAPPA is nailing this one and I'm loving it.

What do you mean unofficial?
In Japanese Buddhism, there is a famous statement that's translated as "On heaven and earth, I alone am the honoured one". The author used that same statement but Viz translated it differently and the anime used the viz version instead of this one. This line also parallels another future scene. Not really Mappa's fault tho, they probably have to follow the official viz version.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Finished it now. Great.

Baby Mahito had me lmao.

His domain expansion was hella dope.

Nanami was amazing in the episode.

Awesome episode all around.

Minor things I'd note are they could have made the narrator say the stuff about Sukuna, could have used the tenjo tenge yuiga dokuson actual translation
and made Sukuna a bit different. For some reason he looks a bit odd here. Something was off with his face.

I liked this episode, but one tiny difference from the manga messed with me. Sukuna's face when he messes up Mahito is all types of wrong.
Like this is the epitome of a nitpick but it really messes with me. This doesn't feel like Sukuna (at least not what he'd be like in this moment). Like look at how he reacted to Mahito touching his soul again in the manga version:
That is pure annoyance and indifference. There's another moment in the episode with Nanami making a really awkward motion to kill the curse instead of just smacking it like he did in the manga, but that's whatever. Again, these probably doesn't bother anyone but me.

Aside from that, this episode is mostly fine. CGI Mahito is weird, but I can roll with it for the most part. His Domain Expansion looked amazing. Nanami is just a great character, and I love him so much. Also Yuji's final Divergent Fist looked really cool too. Something about the episode as a whole though felt off, like it felt I guess rushed would be the word I want to use, idk.

D

Dragomir

That was another great episode. I enjoyed Nanami's flashback. It was simple and straightforward but wholesome at the same time to me. Mahito's domain expansion looked awesome. His Idle Transifiguration is an absolute problem but now it's a guaranteed hit inside the domain? Yikes, man. Only you're Gojo or Yuuji, you're pretty much screwed.

This episode showed me that Yuuji must learn domain expansion. He can't simply let Sukuna always do it for him and who knows will do it for him in the future either. I think he realized it when he said to Nanami that he didn't actually save him. I'm looking forward to Yuuji growing as a sorcerer.

This is the official version.

This is the unofficial
Damn, it sucks how they didn't use the unofficial one.
Though, doesn't Gojo also say this? Is there a final showdown between these two later on to settle down who truly is The Honored One? I always assumed Sukuna would be Yuuji's final fight but it seems to be leaning towards Mahito now. Also, why is Sukuna so interested in Megumi?

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Damn, it sucks how they didn't use the unofficial one.
Yeah, I agree.

Though, doesn't Gojo also say this? Is there a final showdown between these two later on to settle down who truly is The Honored One? I always assumed Sukuna would be Yuuji's final fight but it seems to be leaning towards Mahito now. Also, why is Sukuna so interested in Megumi?
Imma answer only the Gojo question. Yeah Gojo says that too. The rest you should find out by watching/reading. Don't spoil yourself Drago.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
just finished the episode :

good one !

Mahito domain expension was the best moment by far : the thing was awesome and fascinating to watch, still love Mahito powers.
Once he will master his powers the guy will be OP.

Nanami is overall a cool character. His past etc.