Dragomir

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž

Jujutsu Kaisen - Episode 15
Title: Kyoto Sister School Exchange Event - Group Battle 1
This is an anime-only discussion thread

Please avoid posting manga related content
Man, this reminded me to watch episode 14 as well. Haven't had the time lol. I'll try to watch both soon. Keep up the good work with the anime updates Drago.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
I am still anime only so I discover the story episode by episode

Average episode to me.

Some things I don't like.

First : the other school team seems to job hard in this one. They all look like losers, Yuji dodged them easy, Tojo school them, Megumi fries them, glasses girl looks superior etc. Even the guy with closed eye and the bow doesn't look that threatening.

Second : Todo............. Okay the joke about the best friend thing was fun when he imagined hs friendship with Yuji, but the fight was a bit weird. First Todo stomped Yuji with a single punch, that was even said to be mitigated by the level 1 spirit, and after that Yuji managed to tank them easy and managed to fight back like a martial art expert. We know the guy can brawl but not to this extent. Yuji physical power seems a bit to too much. And Todo at the end trying to train Yuji....

Third : and the major point : They all tried to "kill" Yuji, that was their mission and they almost all agree and wanted to do it. But the first group attack, Todo fights him, became buddy etc. I felt no tension against Yuji life all along. Maybe this will appear later but at no point in this episode I was afraid for Yuji life or feel he was threatened (except Tojo first punch maybe).

The things I like :

Todo powers looks cool : when he clapped hands and Yuji was moved, it was kinda hype.

Todo dream world with Yuji as best friend was so overboard that it was kinda fun.

I am still anime only so I discover the story episode by episode

Average episode to me.

Some things I don't like.

First : the other school team seems to job hard in this one. They all look like losers, Yuji dodged them easy, Tojo school them, Megumi fries them, glasses girl looks superior etc. Even the guy with closed eye and the bow doesn't look that threatening.

Second : Todo............. Okay the joke about the best friend thing was fun when he imagined hs friendship with Yuji, but the fight was a bit weird. First Todo stomped Yuji with a single punch, that was even said to be mitigated by the level 1 spirit, and after that Yuji managed to tank them easy and managed to fight back like a martial art expert. We know the guy can brawl but not to this extent. Yuji physical power seems a bit to too much. And Todo at the end trying to train Yuji....

Third : and the major point : They all tried to "kill" Yuji, that was their mission and they almost all agree and wanted to do it. But the first group attack, Todo fights him, became buddy etc. I felt no tension against Yuji life all along. Maybe this will appear later but at no point in this episode I was afraid for Yuji life or feel he was threatened (except Tojo first punch maybe).

The things I like :

Todo powers looks cool : when he clapped hands and Yuji was moved, it was kinda hype.

Todo dream world with Yuji as best friend was so overboard that it was kinda fun.
Tbh I'm not so keen on the whole "kill Yuuji" thing.

Wtf, you can just go around telling pupils to kill a pupil of another school?

Yes, I understand he's ~Sukuna's vessel~, but even for that the killing plot point out of the blue in a kids' competition is over the top.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Tbh I'm not so keen on the whole "kill Yuuji" thing.

Wtf, you can just go around telling pupils to kill a pupil of another school?

Yes, I understand he's ~Sukuna's vessel~, but even for that the killing plot point out of the blue in a kids' competition is over the top.
You're still anime only or you read the manga too ?

About the killing thing, story wise I can understand why, and the tournament could have been a good excuse to spill blood.

And given the other school are used to attack each other and hurt each other I am not that surprised that some of them are okay killing a new potentially dangerous student.

It is like a Chunin exam were killing was fair game.

But I didn't feel the tension at all in this episode.

You're still anime only or you read the manga too ?

About the killing thing, story wise I can understand why, and the tournament could have been a good excuse to spill blood.

And given the other school are used to attack each other and hurt each other I am not that surprised that some of them are okay killing a new potentially dangerous student.

It is like a Chunin exam were killing was fair game.

But I didn't feel the tension at all in this episode.
I'm anime only, the manga looks dreadful compared to it, I ain't switching :catsweat:

Spilling blood is great, but I don't think this was the good way to go.

Chuunin exams were set in a more "primitive" and harsh world, while here Jujutsu users hardly have to go against each other. And honestly if you want something like that done, you get pros to assassin, not kids who won't be a match for Sukuna if he appears.

And yeah, it had no tension