Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

• Terrible

• Total voters
Aha, I think that's mainly due to us being anime-onlies so we're not yet exposed to their hardship and sufferings yet. Overall right now, everything is rather easygoing and there isn't much tension that has left me on the edge of my seat, eyes glued to the screen type of deal. But I suspect(and hope) that's all going to change as the story goes on.

I feel like we need to read the manga in order to find what we're looking for but man...I don't really want to do that. The anime has been too good for me to switch over. I have a feeling that this is one of those series where the anime is better than the manga.
I'm not too sure they will ever have hardships the way things are going, but let's wait and see. It simply seems that talent is the most important part in JJK and I'll have to accept it. I hope the tension will happen once we bond with the characters?

:optimistic: I agree 100%. I'm not going to switch to the manga.

D

Dragomir

I'm not too sure they will ever have hardships the way things are going, but let's wait and see. It simply seems that talent is the most important part in JJK and I'll have to accept it. I hope the tension will happen once we bond with the characters?

:optimistic: I agree 100%. I'm not going to switch to the manga.
The way I look at the show, on-screen bonding, characters being fleshed out and developed is the "cake" portion of the story while the combat itself is simply the icing. While talent is the most important aspect of a Jujutsu Sorcerer, it doesn't strike me as the most important part of the show.

The best example would be these last two episodes. Megumi's relationship with his sister took center stage, then after that, it got into his own character a bit as Gojo explained how he isn't someone who goes for it all but instead opts for sacrifices–how he bunted the ball in order to get Nobara to second base but sacrificed himself being out instead of just going for a home run as Yuuji did. And then Megumi pops off with his domain expansion to finally defeat that curse. Then after all that, he had this monologue to himself touching deeply into that relationship with his sister.

It originally was just a mission to exorcise a curse which then turned into a look into Megumi's character and getting into his own story. The domain expansion to me simply looked like a cherry on top.

What I'm trying to say here is that the combat aspect of JJK is more or less a way of making readers go "ooh, ahh" type of thing. It's just a way to give some cool moments for the characters that we've come to like. So as I look at it from that perspective, talent being how things are done here is fine for me since combat in JJK isn't going to be a major pillar of the story.