Character Discussion Kaido and King. The best Captain and Right Hand Man duo

What do you think about Kaido and King as the Captain and Right Hand Man duo of the Beast Pirates?

• These two rock!

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • I hate them, I am salty because I hoped for Sanji to fight King

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I am a flat earther, I think that Queen is as good as King and also that the Earth is flat

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
Bar the obvious usual suspects, Luffy-Zoro and Roger-Rayleigh (I also like Kidd-Killer a lot, but they are far lesser than the others, strength wise) there even is a better duo than these two?

Kaido and King have an incredible bond, they really are such a great duo of Captain and Right Hand Man. They share a gargantuan amount of parallels that make them unique in the Beast Pirates.

Oda made that Kaido's strongest move and King's strongest move are a blatant reference one to the other. The visual similarity speaks for itself. They both have the same giant avatar of a magma shaped in the form of a dragon, just Kaido has an even greater scale and power than King.

Kaido, the Beast Pirates captain, was defeated by Luffy, the Strawhats captain and the future Pirate King. King, Kaido's right hand man, was defeated by Zoro, Luffy's right hand man and the future World's Strongest Swordsman.

Being Zoro a right hand man who is very close in strength to his captain, Zoro also fought against Kaido, gaining crazy feats and using his strength to protect Luffy, saving his captain's life many times. Zoro's attacks even threatened Kaido's life, and managed to wound the Yonko to the point of inflicting him a scar.

Later, to defeat Kaido, Luffy will have to prove himself as a "King", unlocking Advanced Conqueror Haki. Later, to defeat King, Zoro will have to prove himself as a "King", unlocking Advanced Conqueror Haki.
Adv CoC Haki, the power of the top tiers, the power that "only a handful of the very strongest can" was needed for both Kaido and King.

When Kaido was being defeated by Luffy, he thought of King. When King was being defeated by Zoro, he thought of Kaido.

Kaido is known for his toughness as a dragon, King is so tough that, as a dinousaur who wields the power of the Lunarians, he is tougher than even Kaido. His defense is just exceptional, even stronger than the one of Kaido's dragon scales.
Proof: Zoro's Tatsumaki. Oda creates a clear comparison for the readers to understand, makes Zoro use the same move, with completely different results, and puts the statement that King is something superior, in this field, to both dragons and dinosaurs.

Oh, and for our flat earthers special friends, let's remember that King is officially stated and confirmed to be the the leader of the All Stars, and the undesputable second strongest after Kaido.
Alber was literally chosen by Kaido as his right hand man just because of Kaido being impressed by his immense strength, and granted the name of King (King > Queen > Jack) because of that superior strength.

It's so funny... do you remember the usual flat earthers, how they moved their claims? Firstly they hyped King as much as they could, when they thought that Sanji would have been the one to fight and defeat him (which would have never happened lmao... the third fiddle Sanji was always meant to fight the third fiddle Queen).

Then they downplayed him as much as possible, saying that he was barely stronger than Queen, and that it would have been a 2 vs 2 battle between Wings and All Stars equals (again, so delusional, it's like believing that all the Supernovas are equals just because they are part of the same group lmao).

Then finally they had to admit that King is on a completely different level. Well, that's what the manga showed, exhibiting King as a deadly fighter who is a well rounded killer machine who wields the power of a race of gods that can survive everything, and Queen as a clown who can't even make decent usage of his own skills.

The same Zoro who was already strong enough to prove his might against Yonkos, even hurting Kaido to the point of leaving a scar (something that the joined strength of the Red Scabbards, multiple YC level characters combined, still weren't strong enough to do) and making Big Mom scream in worry, can't harm King in the slightest.
To beat King, he needs to receive a power up as important as Advanced Conqueror Haki. Before that, nothing seemed to scratch King, who hadn't even started to fight at his maximum, and still had remained immune to any kind of damage from someone as strong as Zoro. Adv CoC, the power that "only a handful of the very strongest can", was needed for Zoro to surpass King.

Plus we are showed the complete different portrayal of Kaido-King as a duo, while Kaido-Queen literally does not exist at all.

So their claims, as always, were proved wrong by the manga. So comical... so desperate... so cringe. Why do they always have to make a fool of themselves? Will they ever learn?

@Finalbeta @T.D.A @Zowo @yorosenpai @ConquistadoR @Fenaker @The White Crane @kumae @Geo @Sentinel @Orojackson Refugee @Peroroncino @Redboy776 @Rekien @Sword God Ryuma @nik87 @Manos. AsuraZoro @bennbeckman @mly90 @Akagami Law @style @Sanji D Goat @Marimo_420 @Shishi @Geo @Money D Malio @ShadowStyle369 @matt245

Eh I don’t really like their dynamic that much

King was never treated like Kaido’s RHM in the present and I think that’s why people disrespect King so much

Like King is obviously the strongest but nobody considered King Kaido’s RHM till the databooks/vivre card dropped because we didn’t actually get to see it in action outside of random flashbacks

Roger/Rayleigh, Shanks/Beckman, Crocodile/Daz Bonez are much better examples of what a Captain and RHM duo should be like

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

King was never treated like Kaido’s RHM in the present and I think that’s why people disrespect King so much

Like King is obviously the strongest but nobody considered King Kaido’s RHM till the databooks/vivre card dropped because we didn’t actually get to see it in action outside of random flashbacks

Roger/Rayleigh, Shanks/Beckman, Crocodile/Daz Bonez are much better examples of what a Captain and RHM duo should be like
Tbf Wano is a jam packed arc with subplots of subplots leading to nothing and hordes of support characters who add nothing of value. And even with that - we saw King deal with the BMP right when Kaidou got the news, and he was shown as someone who is fiercely loyal to Kaidou even in the face of another Emperor (very similar to Marco's scene with Shanks).

King also saw that the Tobi Roppo were summoned to deal with Yamato and when Orochi was executed, King had his sword ready w/o Kaidou even saying anything. The groundwork was present for Oda to expand upon with King's flashbacks and Kaidou's flashbacks with his promise to Kaidou about staying undefeated paralleling Luffy's and Zoro's dynamic.

No, everyone considered King as Kaido's right band man from the very start. Everyone bar the usual Sanji stans who were salty because they dreamt for Sanji to fight King, and when it was clear that Sanji would only get to fight Queen, then they started hating and downplaying King as much as possible, spreading the hate as much as they could.

Kaido and King literally thought of themselves at the moment of their defeat, and only of the two of them, and did that reciprocally. Kaido for King and King for Kaido.

They also had the same move as their strongest final attack, just Kaido on a even bigger and even more powerful scale than King.

Plus also the fact that Kaido and King needed Luffy and Zoro to unlock Advanced Conqueror Haki to fight and defeat them.
You cannot find anything better than that.

And it was obvious from the start when we got to know that King was named King. King > Queen > Jack was so obvious it did not need anything else, lmao Oda could have called them First, Second and Third.
The fact that we got to know that King's true name was Alber and that he received the name King directly from Kaido as a praise for his strength, and the fact that Kaido personally chose King as his right hand man because of the strength, are the lovely cherry on the cake.

This really killed everything.
Can't find stronger portrayal than this. It completely separate King from the other All Stars.

Queen is literally unrelevant in comparison. Kaido never showed any care about him, neither for his strength nor for his rank/role.

Tbf Wano is a jam packed arc with subplots of subplots leading to nothing and hordes of support characters who add nothing of value. And even with that - we saw King deal with the BMP right when Kaidou got the news, and he was shown as someone who is fiercely loyal to Kaidou even in the face of another Emperor (very similar to Marco's scene with Shanks).

King also saw that the Tobi Roppo were summoned to deal with Yamato and when Orochi was executed, King had his sword ready w/o Kaidou even saying anything. The groundwork was present for Oda to expand upon with King's flashbacks and Kaidou's flashbacks with his promise to Kaidou about staying undefeated paralleling Luffy's and Zoro's dynamic.
The dynamic clearly exists I’m just saying it wasn’t developed very well in my opinion

We saw Crocodile go out of his way to free Daz Bonez instead of everyone else that was in Baroque Works that was also in Impel Down. Now they’re in the New World making moves together.

Where is that level of camaraderie between Kaido and King in the present? Oda didn’t put it on display as much as he should’ve

You can’t question Rayleigh’s place in the crew but with King nobody really knew where he stood before it was outright confirmed. I think their dynamic was done a disservice just like most things in Wano
Post automatically merged:

No, everyone considered King as Kaido's right band man from the very start. Everyone bar the usual Sanji stans who were salty because they dreamt for Sanji to fight King, and when it was clear that Sanji would only get to fight Queen, then they started hating and downplaying King as much as possible, spreading the hate as much as they could.

Kaido and King literally thought of themselves at the moment of their defeat, and only of the two of them, and did that reciprocally. Kaido for King and King for Kaido.

They also had the same move as their strongest final attack, just Kaido on a bigger scale than King.

You cannot find anything better than that.

And it was obvious from the start when we got to know that King was named King. King > Queen > Jack was so obvious it did not need anything else, lmao Oda could have called them First, Second and Third.
The fact that we got to know that King's true name was Alber and that he received the name King directly from Kaido as a praise for his strength, and the fact that Kaido personally chose King as his right hand man because of the strength, are the lovely cherry on the cake.

This really killed everything.
Can't find stronger portrayal than this. It completely separate King from the other All Stars.

Queen is literally unrelevant in comparison. Kaido never showed any care about him, neither for his strength nor for his rank/role.
I didn’t mention Queen at all

Anyway, this is a lie. If you checked Reddit, Twitter, etc everyone was in an uproar after it was outright confirmed that King is Kaido’s RHM because nobody knew if Kaido actually had one or not (see: Big Mom and Katakuri).

WorstGen is not a good representative of the community

The dynamic clearly exists I’m just saying it wasn’t developed very well in my opinion

We saw Crocodile go out of his way to free Daz Bonez instead of everyone else that was in Baroque Works that was also in Impel Down. Now they’re in the New World making moves together.

Where is that level of camaraderie between Kaido and King in the present? Oda didn’t put it on display as much as he should’ve

You can’t question Rayleigh’s place in the crew but with King nobody really knew where he stood before it was outright confirmed. I think their dynamic was done a disservice just like most things in Wano
Post automatically merged:

I didn’t mention Queen at all

Anyway, this is a lie. If you checked Reddit, Twitter, etc everyone was in an uproar after it was outright confirmed that King is Kaido’s RHM because nobody knew if Kaido actually had one or not (see: Big Mom and Katakuri).

WorstGen is not a good representative of the community
Well, I am really afraid that Reddit people aren't able to read and understand basic things from a manga for 14 yrs old boys, then.
Because since we knew about King being called King, Queen being called Queen and Jack being called Jack, it was obvious that King was stronger and more relevant than the others.

What the manga showed, and I listed here in this thread, just cementified the gap and widened it. King is on a completely different level compared to them, both in strength and in relevance.

Right Hand Men/Number Twos are always >>> compared to the other crewmembers.

Well, I am really afraid that Reddit people aren't able to read and understand basic things from a manga for 14 yrs old boys, then.
Because since we knew about King being called King, Queen being called Queen and Jack being called Jack, it was obvious that King was stronger and more relevant than the others.

What the manga showed, and I listed here in this thread, just cementified the gap and widened it. King is on a completely different level compared to them, both in strength and in relevance.

Right Hand Men/Number Twos are always >>> compared to the other crewmembers.
Why are you acting like I’m trying to argue against this

Not that I necessarily agree but I never said anything about strength lol

Why did King get introduced alongside Queen? Katakuri and Smoothie weren’t introduced together either
Do you know what being introduced together mean?

If you don't know, I'll tell you.

IT MEANS NOTHING

Marco got introduced together with Jozu
Kidd got introduced together with Apoo lmao
And so on

And lmao Katakuri, Big Mom doesn't even respect and acknowledge him, while Kaido praised King's King's strength and made him his right hand man and gave him a name because of this

Please just deal with it

Kaido when BM got defeated: Cries and mentions that he knew her for a long time

Kaido when King got defeated: …

:kobeha:
Kaido parallels with Queen: ...
Kaido thinking about Queen: ...
Queen having a move shaped like Kaido's: ...
Queen having a flashback with Kaido: ...
Kaido ever caring about Queen: ...
Queen needing, like Kaido, the power that "only a handful of the very strongest can" to be defeated: ...

Also

King being slapped by Chopper: ...
King making lose blood by Chopper: ...

Do you know what being introduced together mean?

If you don't know, I'll tell you.

IT MEANS NOTHING

Marco got introduced together with Jozu
Kidd got introduced together with Apoo lmao
And so on

And lmao Katakuri, Big Mom doesn't even respect and acknowledge him, while Kaido praised King's King's strength and made him his right hand man and gave him a name because of this

Please just deal with it

Kaido parallels with Queen: ...
Kaido thinking about Queen: ...
Queen having a move shaped like Kaido's: ...
Queen having a flashback with Kaido: ...
Kaido ever caring about Queen: ...
Queen needing, like Kaido, the power that "only a handful of the very strongest can" to be defeated: ...

Also

King being slapped by Chopper: ...
King making lose blood by Chopper: ...

If Kaido cares about King why didn’t he mention him when he was defeated by Zoro? He was literally crying when Big Mom got defeated lmaoo

Kaido cares more about his rival than King

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

Yeah I agree, I would've liked a few more panels of King and Kaidou or even about the Beast Pirates' dynamic in general rather than seeing useless subplots of subplots which lead to nowhere & don't deliver on the pay-off, but sigh... it is what it is.

My point was that there was some groundwork laid out for Oda to expand upon later during their flashbacks, I never said that Oda did a great job at it.

Bar the obvious usual suspects, Luffy-Zoro and Roger-Rayleigh (I also like Kidd-Killer a lot, but they are far lesser than the others, strength wise) there even is a better duo than these two?

Kaido and King have an incredible bond, they really are such a great duo of Captain and Right Hand Man. They share a gargantuan amount of parallels that make them unique in the Beast Pirates.

Oda made that Kaido's strongest move and King's strongest move are a blatant reference one to the other. The visual similarity speaks for itself. They both have the same giant avatar of a magma shaped in the form of a dragon, just Kaido has an even greater scale and power than King.

Kaido, the Beast Pirates captain, was defeated by Luffy, the Strawhats captain and the future Pirate King. King, Kaido's right hand man, was defeated by Zoro, Luffy's right hand man and the future World's Strongest Swordsman.

Being Zoro a right hand man who is very close in strength to his captain, Zoro also fought against Kaido, gaining crazy feats and using his strength to protect Luffy, saving his captain's life many times. Zoro's attacks even threatened Kaido's life, and managed to wound the Yonko to the point of inflicting him a scar.

Later, to defeat Kaido, Luffy will have to prove himself as a "King", unlocking Advanced Conqueror Haki. Later, to defeat King, Zoro will have to prove himself as a "King", unlocking Advanced Conqueror Haki.
Adv CoC Haki, the power of the top tiers, the power that "only a handful of the very strongest can" was needed for both Kaido and King.

When Kaido was being defeated by Luffy, he thought of King. When King was being defeated by Zoro, he thought of Kaido.

Kaido is known for his toughness as a dragon, King is so tough that, as a dinousaur who wields the power of the Lunarians, he is tougher than even Kaido. His defense is just exceptional, even stronger than the one of Kaido's dragon scales.
Proof: Zoro's Tatsumaki. Oda creates a clear comparison for the readers to understand, makes Zoro use the same move, with completely different results, and puts the statement that King is something superior, in this field, to both dragons and dinosaurs.

Oh, and for our flat earthers special friends, let's remember that King is officially stated and confirmed to be the the leader of the All Stars, and the undesputable second strongest after Kaido.
Alber was literally chosen by Kaido as his right hand man just because of Kaido being impressed by his immense strength, and granted the name of King (King > Queen > Jack) because of that superior strength.

It's so funny... do you remember the usual flat earthers, how they moved their claims? Firstly they hyped King as much as they could, when they thought that Sanji would have been the one to fight and defeat him (which would have never happened lmao... the third fiddle Sanji was always meant to fight the third fiddle Queen).

Then they downplayed him as much as possible, saying that he was barely stronger than Queen, and that it would have been a 2 vs 2 battle between Wings and All Stars equals (again, so delusional, it's like believing that all the Supernovas are equals just because they are part of the same group lmao).

Then finally they had to admit that King is on a completely different level. Well, that's what the manga showed, exhibiting King as a deadly fighter who is a well rounded killer machine who wields the power of a race of gods that can survive everything, and Queen as a clown who can't even make decent usage of his own skills.

The same Zoro who was already strong enough to prove his might against Yonkos, even hurting Kaido to the point of leaving a scar (something that the joined strength of the Red Scabbards, multiple YC level characters combined, still weren't strong enough to do) and making Big Mom scream in worry, can't harm King in the slightest.
To beat King, he needs to receive a power up as important as Advanced Conqueror Haki. Before that, nothing seemed to scratch King, who hadn't even started to fight at his maximum, and still had remained immune to any kind of damage from someone as strong as Zoro. Adv CoC, the power that "only a handful of the very strongest can", was needed for Zoro to surpass King.

Plus we are showed the complete different portrayal of Kaido-King as a duo, while Kaido-Queen literally does not exist at all.

So their claims, as always, were proved wrong by the manga. So comical... so desperate... so cringe. Why do they always have to make a fool of themselves? Will they ever learn?

@Finalbeta @T.D.A @Zowo @yorosenpai @ConquistadoR @Fenaker @The White Crane @kumae @Geo @Sentinel @Orojackson Refugee @Peroroncino @Redboy776 @Rekien @Sword God Ryuma @nik87 @Manos. AsuraZoro @bennbeckman @mly90 @Akagami Law @style @Sanji D Goat @Marimo_420 @Shishi @Geo @Money D Malio @ShadowStyle369 @matt245
:cheers:

Oda shafting the Beast Pirates in their own arc will forever remain the top 3 or 4 dumbest writing decisions in One Piece.