Character Discussion Kaido is a bland and uninteresting antagonist

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
I dont understand all this frustration about Kaido. He is basically what i expected him to be. An mighty brute who thinks everyone except him as trash(aside from like 7-8 individuals). He may not be a donflamingo level of villain but imo he is as interesting as Katakuri or Crocodile is. Since he is the wsc, whats the point of overthinking and planning? He can take whatever he wants with pure force. Not everyone has to be overcomplicated. Its becoming a cliche at this point.
Dude, Katakuri is one thing because he was momma boy who's biggest fear was that people see him eat donut but Sir Crocodile is much much much better villian than Crydo!

Especially compared to previous antagonists like Doflamingo or Katakuri. I am very underwhelmed and honestly not sure if a backstory can save his character. If he doesn’t have a good backstory, it’ll be reasonable to say he’s one of the worst arc antagonists and THE worst saga antagonist.
Has some truth to it

Oda had more than 300 chapters to build up kaido and he failed miserably, kaido was a nobody before wano, even in wano he's still a nobody, the only interesting thing about him is the rocks flashback and vegapunk hype.
Kaido's oni race is so lame and uninteresting, his racial superiority argument is so generic, his lack of aggression and bloodlust is pathetic for a supposedly very powerful brute.

Such a shame that he had the most badass introduction in the series, the narrator saying "the strong lives and the weak dies, this is the only rule of this world" then it turned out that it's all a big lie, it's understandable why kaido left kid, killer and hawkins alive, but why didn't he kill the rest of their fodder crew members, literally no one died from kid's crew.
Mf defeated the scabbards, and he just sat there, just for him to fight kin'emon again half an hour later and suspiciously killing him.

I read entire series of similar length that had masterfully written characters than one piece.
Well no one dies in One Piece duh...

I am personally statisfied with Kaido, the only 2 things I still need from him are a fleshed out backstory like Doffy, which I am 100% we will get and Kaido doing something crazy cruel. Yuderon aka the best OP youtuber predicts that 1031 will be a great tragedy, let's hope something crazy happens. If Kaido actually drops Onigashima on the flower capital and kills dozens of people it will catapult him as the greatest villain for me.

Is actually growing on me, the scenes in which he’s on screen are actually quite impactful and i find him rather enigmatic.
I think that once we’ll get a complete picture we will be able to really judge the character… that said so far he still doesn’t hold a candle to Doflamingo.

You are changing argument now because you are cornered Tejas kun.

That has nothing to do with the damage Zoro caused.

I know intelligence has never been your forte but try harder.
As cornered as WB was with fodder Larines. We all know who ended up being bandaged like a mummy after 2 attacks.

Also it is better that you never talk about intelligence after taking Ls like
1. Kaido is not the World's Strongest
2. Zoro vs King will never happen
3. Carrot joins the crew
4. Wings refers only to Sanji and not Zoro.
5. Asura kills Kaido
6. Kaido does not have hybrid form

Last edited:
Asura, Zoro's strongest attack got tanked easily by Kaido and could not even bring him to his knees. Doc q did more damage to old WB than Zoro did to Kaido
:risicheck:

Is actually growing on me, the scenes in which he’s on screen are actually quite impactful and i find him rather enigmatic.
I think that once we’ll get a complete picture we will be able to really judge the character… that said so far he still doesn’t hold a candle to Doflamingo.
He never will. It's virtually impossible for a simp to be a GOAT villain in fiction. Oda fucked Kaido up to push Oden.