Questions & Mysteries Kaido is not awakened, because he can't.

So let's put this myth to bed once and for all that Kaido is awakened, and Oda just didn't want to show it. Too many threads popping up about this lately, when we've already been given the answer in the manga.

Kaido was introduced as a character who is deemed unkillable. Nobody, not even the man himself is capable of doing so.

During the Luffy vs Kaido fight, we learned what it takes to awaken a Devil Fruit, and that is the fact that the user essentially has to either die, or be pushed so close to the brink of death, that it is in that moment they can fully synchronize with their devil fruit, and awaken.

That is impossible for Kaido, or at the very least, has been the case his entire life. He hasn't awakened because nobody has been able to push him to the point of doing so.

The conclusion of the Luffy vs Kaido fight makes this interesting though, because for the first time in his existence, we can say he's on the brink of death.

Oda can fully capitalize on this if he wants to, and have a fully awakened Kaido, emerge from Wanos volcano to participate in the Final War,which I would not be surprised in the least if he does this.

So let's put this myth to bed once and for all that Kaido is awakened, and Oda just didn't want to show it. Too many threads popping up about this lately, when we've already been given the answer in the manga.

Kaido was introduced as a character who is deemed unkillable. Nobody, not even the man himself is capable of doing so.

During the Luffy vs Kaido fight, we learned what it takes to awaken a Devil Fruit, and that is the fact that the user essentially has to either die, or be pushed so close to the brink of death, that it is in that moment they can fully synchronize with their devil fruit, and awaken.

That is impossible for Kaido, or at the very least, has been the case his entire life. He hasn't awakened because nobody has been able to push him to the point of doing so.

The conclusion of the Luffy vs Kaido fight makes this interesting though, because for the first time in his existence, we can say he's on the brink of death.

Oda can fully capitalize on this if he wants to, and have a fully awakened Kaido, emerge from Wanos volcano to participate in the Final War,which I would not be surprised in the least if he does this.
No. Luffy awakened it then because plot. That's it.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Literally everything happens because of plot. That's how stories work. Doesn't mean there isn't an explanation for it. And how Luffy awakened aligns with Doflamingo talking about how it only happens in very rare circumstances.
You know what also supposed to be "rare"?
- Conqueror Haki
- Logia-type
- Dinosaur Zoan
- Mythical Zoan
- DFs in general
- Advanced forms of Haki
- 1billion+ bounties
Etc

Crydo is Awakened, cope.

You know what also supposed to be "rare"?
- Conqueror Haki
- Logia-type
- Dinosaur Zoan
- Mythical Zoan
- DFs in general
- Advanced forms of Haki
- 1billion+ bounties
Etc

Crydo is Awakened, cope.
Source: Because you say so...

Nothing in the entire manga, hints, suggest, alludes to, insinuates etc... etc... That he's awakened...

Cope....

Oh my God. He’s awakened. BM used ACoC off screen. Boom. Let’s move on
Post automatically merged:

Nothing in the entire manga, hints, suggest, alludes to, insinuates etc... etc... That he's not awakened...

Cope....
EXACTLY. I don’t get why people need everything spelled out for em

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Disagree, i dont think awakening occurs when one dies or is almost pushed near death. Luffy awakened it in that situation, Luffy awakened advCoC as well in a similad situation but we know that isnt the requirement to do so...

Disagree, i dont think awakening occurs when one dies or is almost pushed near death. Luffy awakened it in that situation, Luffy awakened advCoC as well in a similad situation but we know that isnt the requirement to do so...
Luffy didn't awaken AdCoC. He realized you could take the concept of flowing haki, and apply it to CoC, after being hit by Kaido's attack. Thus he started using CoC the same way he was using Flowing CoA.

That situation was nothing like his awakening, where he was just about dead, and his Devil Fruit kicked in and allowed him to revive, via awakening.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Luffy didn't awaken AdCoC. He realized you could take the concept of flowing haki, and apply it to CoC, after being hit by Kaido's attack. Thus he started using CoC the same way he was using Flowing CoA.

That situation was nothing like his awakening, where he was just about dead, and his Devil Fruit kicked in and allowed him to revive, via awakening.
My point exactly.
We still dont know the exact mechanisms/requirements surrounding how to awaken a df. Luffy's df is different and most likely not the norm for other dfs, it's a Human zoan which has a mind of its own.
Because Luffy had to die so that the nika fruit would awaken & revive him, doesn't really mean that other fruits have to undergo the same thing.

My point exactly.
We still dont know the exact mechanisms/requirements surrounding how to awaken a df. Luffy's df is different and most likely not the norm for other dfs, it's a Human zoan which has a mind of its own.
Because Luffy had to die so that the nika fruit would awaken & revive him, doesn't really mean that other fruits have to undergo the same thing.
Zoan fruits all have a mind of their own, which is why Vegapunk was able to place them in inanimate objects.

Kaido is a Mythical Zoan like Luffy. So he falls into the same category.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Zoan fruits all have a mind of their own, which is why Vegapunk was able to place them in inanimate objects.

Kaido is a Mythical Zoan like Luffy. So he falls into the same category.
Yeah and we've seen how the said mind induces animalistic behaviors in the ID jailers.

Kaido's fruit is a dragon, a beast at the end of the day. Luffy's fruit is the literal sun god df, it ofc doesn't fall under the categories of a regular df.

I thought that Kaido said that awakneing occurs when your body has finally reached a synergy between the DF and your body or something like that.
That's why I think he used it. It simply wasn't shown explicitly. Imo the way he seemed to be healing after each big attacks he took was his awakening, incredible durability and endurance, after all some attacks created holes in his body and a few moments later there was no trace of visible damage.
Only Luffy's attacks could bypass it and Zoro's asura attack which he could also somehow heal a little bit.
And after a while he basically used all his stamina and couldn't endure the damage anymore and he was knocked out.

That's why I think he used it. It simply wasn't shown explicitly. Imo the way he seemed to be healing after each big attacks he took was his awakening, incredible durability and endurance, after all some attacks created holes in his body and a few moments later there was no trace of visible damage.
Only Luffy's attacks could bypass it and Zoro's asura attack which he could also somehow heal a little bit.
And after a while he basically used all his stamina and couldn't endure the damage anymore and he was knocked out.

Yeah, I mean, Kaido ain't turning everything a dragon or giving everything a durability of a dragon lol.

His awakening should just given more stronger base properties or something like that