Powers & Abilities Katakuri DF

How do you rate the Mochi Mochi no Mi

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
It is a good DF.

It allows you to trap opponent with sticky mochi.
It allows you to send "elastic" punch so more momentum, or extend limbs, grow limbs.
Il allows you to create Mochi to build things.
It allows you to create multiple arms or feet to fight.
It allows you to move faster by rolling like a donuts or crawling.
Mochi can also use different properties : hard mochi, fire mochi, spike mochi.
And it can allow you to become mochi so without haki you are a lot more difficult to fight. You can regrow limbs etc, avoid hits by shapeshifting etc.

The fruit with COO is really good too to dodge and be logia like.

The awakening also is good : can trap opponents with the landspace, can create mochi portals to attack at mid range, with different size etc.

So overall the Mochi DF is quite good. Not a top tier DF but a really solid DF.

If I am dropped in One piece World and I am in the beginning of my adventure I will take it. The odds to find better are low.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Katakuri is a top 5 OP character for me, but the reality of his Mochi fruit is that it is pretty much an upper Mid-Tier Devil Fruit at the maximum.

Assuming for a minute that eating Katakuri’s DF instantly grants you intangibility/shapeshifting and that this isn’t a product of Kuri’s own fruit mastery/awakening, this is pretty much the only aspect of his fruit that makes it unique and/or powerful. Mochi as a summonable substance is a pretty weak element to have control over, as its stickiness is not enough to consistently restrain people.

Being able to shapeshift around Haki attacks is great, but this is something mainly attributable to Kuri’s CoO and not his DF itself. Furthermore, shapeshifting around Haki attacks isn’t even unique to kuri, as any competent logia/“special” Paramecia can also seemingly accomplish this.

Really there is absolutely nothing overpowered about Kuri’s DF, the real thing that makes Kuri dangerous is his observation Haki as Luffy pointed out, and his Mochi DF in and of itself is no better than Monet’s or Smoker’s fruits.

Would I eat Kuri’s DF? Sure. There aren’t very many fruits in the series that I would outright not want to eat, and Kuri has already shown that he can make even a fruit that is theoretically Mister 3 Tier into a true YC1 caliber ability, but there are other fruits I would definitely prefer.

Great fruit. In a world that is highly dominated by Haki, being able to shape shift into any form and harden it with Haki, is a very effective thing to do. Like mirroring G2 and G3 in a more effective way, shapeshifting your fists and make them super hard with mochi and create donut portals to extend your CqC. Plus having mochi hax, as you can trap your opponent and suffocate him. He even suppressed G4 with it.

That's an effective fruit against Kaido for example. Imagine Katakuri had advanced Haki. Staying in mid - long range and firing power mochi with adv. Haki from all sides, plus trying to restrain and suffocate him in Mochi. Like, of course Kaido will rip through, but at least slowing him down a bit.