Katakuri Takes Down Big Mom in Wano

Luffy has to prove himself to be PK by defeating all of the Yonko.

Big Mom and Kaido are present in Wano, but Luffy can only take one of them, and he’s after Kaido.

Big Mom is a loose end that needs to be tied up. She needs to be defeated because she will interfere in Luffy vs Kaido.

She has stole too much screen time for another arc with her in it. Now is her time. It’s been heavily foreshadowed both Big Mom and Kaido will both go down.

Why Katakuri?

It makes perfect sense for him. He’s a conqueror, but serving Big Mom. I’d expect after his defeat to Luffy, he’ll be looking at himself in the mirror and reassessing things like his loyalty to his Mother.

He has genuine empathy for his siblings, unlike his Mother, and that’s why they are going to end up at odds with each other.

Katakuri not being present at his Mother’s side when she is at most threat is fishy. You could say he is recovering, but Luffy suffered worse and recovered quickly.

I think at some point he will show himself on Wano.

He could be strong enough. He did not have the willpower to defeat Luffy. At the end of the fight he could have kept going, but gave up. Who knows what else he had up his sleeve.

If Luffy could make the gap to Kaido then Katakuri could make the gap to Big Mom.

I'd love for it to be Katakuri, but he might never reach her level sadly, he lacks the plot relevance and growth of Luffy.
Katakuri lost to Luffy because he lacked Luffy’s willpower.

He couldn’t comprehend that even though his strength was superior it didn’t matter because Luffy kept bouncing back, and in the end he gave up.

Imagine how much growth Katakuri could get if he developed Luffy’s willpower.

It’s like when Crocodile was defeated by Luffy, he came back like a new man.

i find it better for her to weaken Kaido . and after that , Kaido clubs her ? ( in Hybrid ? )

recently Apoo brought back again that Pirate Alliances doesn't have happy endings

Katakuri pushes her to Mid Diff .

S

Shuyaku

i find it better for her to weaken Kaido . and after that , Kaido clubs her ? ( in Hybrid ? )

recently Apoo brought back again that Pirate Alliances doesn't have happy endings

Katakuri pushes her to Mid Diff .
Eh, i feel like that’s weak writing, using another yonko as a predictable plot device to weaken another yonko just so the mc can get his un earned victory.

He's not strong enough to do that. He's already 48 years old, he can't become that much stronger in a few weeks.
He doesn't have main characters growth as much as Oda likes him.
There is a reason why he asked luffy if he would come back to defeat her. He can't do it himself.
It’s the same timespan that Luffy has to beat Kaido in.

Age is largely irrelevant. There hasn’t been anything pushing Katakuri to get stronger because he’s curbstomped every opponent until Luffy.

Strength follows willpower. I could train myself to be stronger if I wanted to. Luffy will defeat Kaido because he wants to.

Crocodile became stronger just sitting in a cell. All that changed was his mentality, and that was because he was humiliated.
Post automatically merged:

We need to tone down the Kata wank. Marco couldn't defeat a newly minted yonko. No way Kata actually defeats a full fledged yonko. He doesn't have a main character plot armor.
I’m not coming at this from the Katakuri is so great direction. Although there is no smoke without fire.

It’s more like someone has to take out Big Mom and I don’t think it will be Luffy.

If Katakuri becomes a Yonko, then Luffy’s already checked him off his list.

Last edited:
Katakuri is a great character and he can definitely return in the future as an ally, but it isn't necessary for him to grow at the same rate of Luffy or grow at all tbh

Even if he return he won't be more than a secondary character in the grand scheme of things

J

Jo_Ndule

He's not strong enough to do that. He's already 48 years old, he can't become that much stronger in a few weeks.
He doesn't have main characters growth as much as Oda likes him.
There is a reason why he asked luffy if he would come back to defeat her. He can't do it himself.
Garp at 48 went from struggling to beat Chinjao after many clashes, to oneshotting him cause he grew his Haki.

48 means nothing, Kata will grow stronger to be top tier, next time we see him, Admiral level

Anyway, Kata won't fight his Mom

Garp at 48 went from struggling to beat Chinjao after many clashes, to oneshotting him cause he grew his Haki.

48 means nothing, Kata will grow stronger to be top tier, next time we see him, Admiral level

I can see him growing stronger but not as fast as someone like luffy and not to the extent to reach big mom's level.

And I agree, even if he doesn't like her particularly, I can't see him hurting her nor any member of his family.

I can see him growing stronger but not as fast as someone like luffy and not to the extent to reach big mom's level.

And I agree, even if he doesn't like her particularly, I can't see him hurting her nor any member of his family.
Look at who Big Mom brought with her to Wano. So many of her crew is missing. Even ones who haven’t been defeated like Oven are missing. Where are they?

They’ve been discarded, deemed useless because Big Mom thinks they’ve failed her. We’ve seen this before with Lola and Snack.

Big Mom hates Luffy with a burning passion. And Katakuri surrendered to Luffy. How do you think Big Mom would react to Katakuri’s failure?

How do you think she’d react to what Brulee did? The Straw Hats used her to escape.

Equate this to the love Katakuri has for his siblings that love him for what he is, and the dots connect up.

Once they realise Big Mom is a threat to their own survival then what would they do?

Maybe Katakuri doesn’t solo her, it could wind up being a team up.

The Katakuri fight left a bad taste in people’s mouths because look at the last panel of their fight he couldn’t bring himself to finish Luffy.

I agree I don't see Katakuri ever really defying his mother, and he may not want to create a cival war within his family and crew by doing this.
Plus he, Cracker, Oven, Snack and the others are surely guarding and ruling Totto Land during Big Mom's absence.

I agree I don't see Katakuri ever really defying his mother, and he may not want to create a cival war within his family and crew by doing this.
Plus he, Cracker, Oven, Snack and the others are surely guarding and ruling Totto Land during Big Mom's absence.
Katakuri already has defied his mother. Look at the last panel of the Luffy fight. He could’ve swung his arm down on Luffy, but he stops himself. He shows joy that Luffy got away even though he is a threat to his mother.

She was going into battle against Kaido, she needed her full force behind her. She is a psychopath, she self sabotages. Instead of blaming herself for her humiliations she blames others.

Is it coincidence that those who haven’t let her down are by her side now.

Perospero already has betrayed her. He let her eat the cake that could’ve been poisoned. He did this for his own survival.

Katakuri already has defied his mother. Look at the last panel of the Luffy fight. He could’ve swung his arm down on Luffy, but he stops himself. He shows joy that Luffy got away even though he is a threat to his mother.

She was going into battle against Kaido, she needed her full force behind her. She is a psychopath, she self sabotages. Instead of blaming herself for her humiliations she blames others.

Is it coincidence that those who haven’t let her down are by her side now.

Perospero already has betrayed her. He let her eat the cake that could’ve been poisoned. He did this for his own survival.
Katakuri hasn't openly defied his mother and I doubt that he would ever challenge her, he is fully aware that she is much stronger than him and that challenging her could cause a civil war within his family and he certainely doesn't want to see his siblings fighting each other and having to hurt them, not all of BM's children are loyal to her only out of fear and most would side with her than with a losing party.
Also Big Mom would certainely not leave Totto Land defenseless, she isn't crazy or stupid enough to leave her kingdom without a good portion of her crew to rule and watch over it while she's away.
And for someone who doesn't take failure well she isn't completely ruthless as she still kept Snack alive and well despite his defeat against Urouge, didn't punish Tamago for having been bested by Pedro and took with her to Wano several of her children that failed or were beaten during WCI arc.

So I do not believe that she discarded Katakuri, Cracker and the others.

And I do not view her as a psychopath either, she has traits that psychopaths do not have, and this term is too quickly and easely used to categorize characters without knowing what is a psychopath anyway.

When did garp struggle against chinjao? What did I miss there??