Powers & Abilities Kid and Law having DF awakening out of no where.

kid maybe excuse for having awakening cause we literally didn't know where he's been, how he did in the past, but trafalgar Law? where was his awakening came from? we didn't even have explanation, doffy almost killed him in dresrosa and we didn't see him fought anyone else to level his DF up, i swear even Hawkins and Drake can have awakening if the plot prefers it.

Last edited:
kid maybe excuse for having awakening cause we literally didn't know where he's been, how he did in the past, but trafalgar Law? where was his awakening came from? we didn't even have explanation, doffy almost killed him in dresrosa and we didn't see him fought anyone else to level his DF up, i swear even Hawkins and Drake can have awakening if the plot prefers it.
Law practiced with his fruit off screen while waiting for Luffy to complete his WCI side quest on Wano. Are we really surprised that Oda, King of Off Paneling didn’t elaborate further? It’s very simple. And yes, Law and Kid did something before Luffy, deal with it.

Doflamingo unleashed his awakening in Dressrosa in front of everyone. We get small glimpses of Law throughout a few weeks where he avoids having any real fights, and in the meantime Luffy learns three Haki upgrades plus two new Gear 4 modes. Now Law uses awakening and it's a stretch?

How did luffy use gear 2 against blueno?
How did he use gear 4 against donflamingo and why he didnt use it against hody zones or chinjao?
How could zoro go from not even knowing having coc to the use of adv coc in a matter of hours?
How can base luffy be equal to hybrid kaido even though from pure physical strength perspective, he should get annihilated?
Inexplicable progress of things is very often used in oda's writing.

They probably just knew they could use awakening one day, this would make sense as not everyone can use it or it seems more rare than CoC at this point
As the name implies, it’s probably more spontaneous and the user would just feel like their df leveled up
Mastery over it is a completely different thing though
I’m 100% sure Law knew he could use awakening, and probably trained a little bit off-screen

Last edited:
Kid n Law scenario is not objectively as bad as Zoro not knowing he even has CoC to unlocking it afresh and then going on to use the advanced/awakened version. The two have been using their df for years and they have had their ass kicked all over the new world. Not surprised they actually awakened them. It would have been better though if they actually those fruits in the midst of the battle.

Kid n Law scenario is not objectively as bad as Zoro not knowing he even has CoC to unlocking it afresh and then going on to use the advanced/awakened version. The two have been using their df for years and they have had their ass kicked all over the new world. Not surprised they actually awakened them. It would have been better though if they actually those fruits in the midst of the battle.
These guys are something
Zoro went from not knowing he had coc, can't even control it to using adcoc in one chapter
But these guys are okay with it

Kidd we never saw his limits yet and + he had his fruit for years
Law would have trained offscreen

He's fighting a top tier, that's enough reason for him to obtain awakening

i don't mind it honestly, they probably trained for it off-screen, everyone does, luffy learned FS in just half a day, and ryou in 10 days, kid and law have been off-screen for way longer periods than that.
kaku and kalifa were masterfully using their DFs only few minutes after eating it.

what i don't like is the extreme stamina consumption nerf, i think it doesn't make sense.
doflamingo literally said that he doesn't need stamina, and katakuri didn't complain either.
i can understand why it might be the case for law, because even the casual usage of the ope ope consumes a lot of stamina, but forcing the same nerf on kid is straight up nonsense, because kid's DF is activated all the time (the metal arm) so it's not supposed to need a lot of stamina.

i don't mind it honestly, they probably trained for it off-screen, everyone does, luffy learned FS in just half a day, and ryou in 10 days, kid and law have been off-screen for way longer periods than that.
kaku and kalifa were masterfully using their DFs only few minutes after eating it.

what i don't like is the extreme stamina consumption nerf, i think it doesn't make sense.
doflamingo literally said that he doesn't need stamina, and katakuri didn't complain either.
i can understand why it might be the case for law, because even the casual usage of the ope ope consumes a lot of stamina, but forcing the same nerf on kid is straight up nonsense, because kid's DF is activated all the time (the metal arm) so it's not supposed to need a lot of stamina.
I think it serves as a nerf for their df, Law especially where even without awakening his df eats up stamina, no reason to take the stamina issue away from Law just because he obtained awakening.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
imagine how long OP would be if oda stopped to show the training of side characters we probably wouldnt havent even gotten to the rooftop fight yet

I think it serves as a nerf for their df, Law especially where even without awakening his df eats up stamina, no reason to take the stamina issue away from Law just because he obtained awakening.
i get that, but i think a nerf that extreme will just paint a bad picture on awakening on general, let's say for example law and kid fought against someone who can tank their awakening, only ending up quickly exhausting themselves, or even worse killing themselves after continuous use, also it basically confirms that kid and law can't endure long battles.
i'm fundamentally against the idea that DFs should consume stamina above the normal rate.
examples of good nerfs in one piece are gear 4 and enma, because they require a consistent supply of a very limited resource aka haki.