Questions & Mysteries King secret ability revelead

Good morning, after chapter 1032 i was shocked to see King tank a Tatsumaki better then Kaido , so i started thinking and researching about HOW THE FUCK HE DID IT.
This is a theory based on the story , mythology and ROCK AND ROLL ( oh yea )

Let's begin , i have previously posted a thread about the "inspiration" of King design that i looked at on the one piece wiki . i will copy paste here
  • King's physical design may also be inspired by the figure on the cover art of "Angel of Retribution", the fifteenth studio album by English heavy metal band Judas Priest.
Look at this guy : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_of_Retribution
Yea they are exactly the same
Now let's take a look at the entire discography of the band
Now it seems reasonable to say that King is an Angel of retribution , let's go over this quickly.
We know that King is the last of his Special Race the Lunarisans, i think is VERY likely that King would want to avenge his fallen people and this would of course make him a Angel of Retribution , so assuming this is true it means that this Disc "Angel of retribution" is IN STORY RELATED to the character of king.
( also considering that Avenging his comrades would align perfectly with Kaido's goal and with his Racism towards the humans)

Now let's EXTEND this reasoning to the other Discs , probably a couple of names ringed a bell right?
"Killing Machine" , yea that's how Zoro referred to King in their first brawl , wich beyond Zoro calling him that , it perfectly express King attitude and fighting style.
"Jugulator", what did Zoro say to King ? "i might be willing to bite your throat too ".

you get the point but there is clearly more that i don't have to comment:
"Firepower" , "Screaming for Vengence"
Also there is :
"Demolition" , wich sums up the entire King vs Zoro fight in the mountain range destroying mountains left and right, and also Missiling Sanji with his beak and demolishing a building
"Turbo" , this could be a reference to King Pterandon form being like a "High speed jet"

OK , so i made this entire list just to PROVE without a shadow of doubt that these Discs ARE A LOT RELEVANT to King character , NOW we can move to the Meat and potatoes :

So each one of this Discs has many songs in it and because i don't have infinite time i only checked the most relevant DISC wich is "Angel of retribution":
This includes 10 songs and because i don't have infinite time i only looked at the first 2, let's see the first Song called "Judas rising", i will copy paste the text here

[Verse 1]
White bolts of lightning
Came out of nowhere
Blinded the darkness
Creating the storm
War in the heavens
Vengeance ignited
Torment and tempest
Attacks like a swarm

[Chorus 1]
Forged out of flame from chaos to destiny
Bringer of pain forever undying

Judas is rising

[Verse 2]
Eternal betrayer
Ice cold and evil
Taking no prisoners
Dark prince of the world (Dark prince of the world)
Humanity trembles
Enslaving you sinners
You can't beg for mercy
For none will be saved

[Chorus 2]
The burden of shame
Echos the prophecy
Ascending from Hell
Forever despising
Judas is rising

[Chorus 3]
Apprentice revealed
Deceivers are crying
My crucified steel
Evangelizing
Judas is rising
Judas is rising

Ok now without going trought it piece by piece you can clearly see that this song explains what happened to the "angels" wich are the lunarians in our case,
let's look at the most interesting parts :
[Verse1] , it seems that the lunarians might have been exterminated using Enel's devil fruit and Dragon's devil fruit or some kind of Weather manipulation Fruit like Kaido's
[Chorus 1] THIS ONE IS VERY INTERSTING , it seems to talk about King himself , REMEMBER THIS PHRASE FOR LATER from this section
"Bringer of pain forever UNDIENG"

NOW THIS IS JUST THE FIRST PLATE BABY

Let's take a look at song 2 of the Disc "Angel of Retribution"

"Deal with the devil"

Forged in the black country
Under blood red skies
We all had our dream to realise

Driving in that transit
Down to holy Joe's
Used to lose our head
While metal flowed

Nothing held us back or dared to try
Something in our blood
Won't let us die

We built our world of metal
Watched it grow
Fuelled the fury solid to the bone

Gotta deal with the devil
'cause you know that it's real
Done a deal with the devil
From a heart made of steel

Rollin' down the m-way
Took it to the smoke
Bangin' heads there
'til we all went broke

When we don the leather, and the whips and chains
Nothing matters more
We can't be tamed

Fighting through the din and accolades
Turn the phase around with razor blades

Watched the movement grow
Into one voice
Took on all the world
It had no choice

We hit at night
You're in our sight
Then we can feel
What we've been waiting for
Let me hear you roar

Upon this stage
We let it rage
And for a time we leave the world behind
To be with our own kind

Yea , i highlighted it in green , "SOMETHING IN OUR BLOOD WON'T LET USE DIE"
So the hot parts of this songs mention a "Deal with the Devil" and "Metal" , metal seems to be a reference to swordsmanship but the other one is TASTY

Could it be that King's race got IMMORTALITY trough a Deal with the "Devil" ? Keep in mind that Lunarians HAVE FIRE POWERS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you digested the first LASAGNA because now we move to CHICKEN with SAUCE
Now let's move to the SECOND inspiration of King's character, that's the buddhist version of the "Garuda" a human-bird hybrid , it's called the "Karura", let's take a look at the characteristic of a "Karura" https://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/karura.shtml
Try to guess : FIRE POWERS AND IMMORTALITY, there is also a whole bunch of more interesting stuff like this
" Karura accidentally drops the bile of a slain Ashura" wich could imply that King will injure AshuraZoro in the bile
Ok so now what ? eheheheh , now we move the THIRD inspiration of King character wich remember is a ANGEL OF RETRIBUTION
in chatolic religion the Angel of retribution is called Archangel Uriel and has the following powers
- LIGHT POWERS ----> FIRE
- HEALING POWERS -----> IMMORTALITY

OK NOW this is where the Out of story Connections END , let's move to IN-STORY
In chapter 1032 Zoro CLEARLY says :
1) Until i know this special ability i CANNOT defeat him
2) This special ability is Connected to his Endurance

Also remember Sanji's Lunarian DNA abilities
- FIRE
- Toughness
- CRAZY REGENERATION

At this point you get what i'm trieng to say : KING IS A FUCKING IMMORTAL
Let's also REMEMBER king WIERD attack in chapter 1031 : it seemed to be a gag but i think it's the ultimate proof of King immortality
HE LAUNCHED HIS HEAD, BRAIN INCLUDED to Zoro and then all of the sudden he STILL HAS A HEAD WITH A BRAIN IN IT , WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?
Yea what i think happened is that King instantly regenerated his entire Head from thin air, there is probably some kind of Drawback and/or activation requirement but i leave all the juicy stuff to figure out to you guys , i'm out.
Hope you enjoyed , by Giggio-sama
@Finalbeta @Peroroncino @stairs-kun @nik87 @Chrono @Queek Hea D Taker @Lance_Dragonite
@MonsterZoro @Roronoa-sama

Last edited:
I think people also forget that Kaido doesn't really "block" any attacks in his dragon form, but usually just takes them or dodges them. And Zoro's tatsumaki caught him off guard that time, as he was dealing with Luffy.

King on the other hand was actively blocking, probably with haki as well. It doesn't mean his body as a whole can just tank the attack.

I think people also forget that Kaido doesn't really "block" any attacks in his dragon form, but usually just takes them or dodges them. And Zoro's tatsumaki caught him off guard that time, as he was dealing with Luffy.

King on the other hand was actively blocking, probably with haki as well. It doesn't mean his body as a whole can just tank the attack.
that's fair to say that , but the issue is that it did NOTHING at all , i tought King wasn't supposed to be very close to Kaido in any stat , but if Blocking it with Haki did 0 damage it's fair to say that he would probably tank it with some damage wich is exactly what happened to Kaido , Power scaling wise it strongly implies that King durability isn't far from Kaido , wich is kinda NUTS in my opinion.
Add all the parallels with Marco and i think immortality is resonable enough , alltough it will probably be spinned in a very unique way to defferentiate it from marco

Cause Kaido scales is his defense which Zoro cut

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Let's also REMEMBER king WIERD attack in chapter 1031 : it seemed to be a gag but i think it's the ultimate proof of King immortality
HE LAUNCHED HIS HEAD, BRAIN INCLUDED to Zoro and then all of the sudden he STILL HAS A HEAD WITH A BRAIN IN IT , WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?
The rest is possible and maybe not immortality, but something so powerful its akin to it. But this part is where you lost me. That attack was clearly zoan / pteranodon based, it had nothing to do with his Lunarian ancestry.

One of the most elaborated ideas shared here, really enjoyed it and I appreciate the research on King's inspiration. While I don't think he's literally immortal, you may have a strong clue with the "something in our blood" part. Maybe hot blood that closes wounds? Perhaps regeneration, although that'd be a bit repetitive? The theory other people have shared about King cauterizing himself remains the most attractive to me, but still, all the connections you found between the character and Judas Priest songs was great to read.

Let's see if you were right once it is revealed!

The rest is possible and maybe not immortality, but something so powerful its akin to it. But this part is where you lost me. That attack was clearly zoan / pteranodon based, it had nothing to do with his Lunarian ancestry.
What do you mean "pteranodon" based , the dude seemed to have DISLODGED his head from his body just like Queen dislodged his neck but in this case the Head is still there