• ⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragomir

These weird martial arts ruining the manga...
How so? Gaku Haku having a unique martial arts style he fights with rather than just brute strength forced Shin into improving his combat skills. It's also refreshing to Shin fight a battle without using Ouki's glaive. I've been so used to seeing it that I completely forgot what swordfighter Shin looks like.

My only issue with this chapter was how quickly Shin developed this new martial art, considering how he hasn't used the sword in, theoretically, years. Reminds me of how Luffy learned FS on the spot while fighting Kata which I thought (and still do) was some bullshit. I personally would have preferred if we saw Shin training with the sword, trying to practice new moves on his own. It would have made this match against Gaku Haku more exciting for us fans as we'd get to see the payoff of his training in action.

Nonetheless, it was a good chapter and I enjoyed it. This is starting to more doors for Shin to become more versatile as a fighter. I would love to see him use Rinko's sword and Duke Hyou's shield in battle (not necessarily both together at once).

I like how Buddha called Shin 'General Shin'.
Same. I'd like to see more of this in future chapters. "General Shin of the Hi Shin" has a nice ring to it.

As I said multiple times :

Sword fight >>>> glaive fights

Rinko fight, Mangokou fight, Keisha etc. Or even Tou fights or Baijo. Sword fight often have better choreography and originality, while glaive are often just back and forth with one guy overpowering the other
That's the point of heavy ass weapons :kayneshrug:

Tho Shin getting used to a heavy weapon like that gave him a boost to his swordsmanship too having a lot more swift movements.

Now let's see him forced into situations to use dual swords, sword and duke's shield, or the shield and glaive. All these uses depens on the situation, is he facing multippe enemies, what sort of general is he facing (like the current one where he needs to be fast hence opting for his sword).

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
How so? Gaku Haku having a unique martial arts style he fights with rather than just brute strength forced Shin into improving his combat skills. It's also refreshing to Shin fight a battle without using Ouki's glaive. I've been so used to seeing it that I completely forgot what swordfighter Shin looks like.
I hope we get to see Shin fight against more generals with unconventional fighting styles in the future. It would be cool if Shin switched weapons just to adapt to his opponent's fighting style.

My only issue with this chapter was how quickly Shin developed this new martial art, considering how he hasn't used the sword in, theoretically, years. Reminds me of how Luffy learned FS on the spot while fighting Kata which I thought (and still do) was some bullshit. I personally would have preferred if we saw Shin training with the sword, trying to practice new moves on his own. It would have made this match against Gaku Haku more exciting for us fans as we'd get to see the payoff of his training in action.
My only pet peeve with the chapter, I wish we got at least one scene of Shin using his sword during training at some point.

IMO glaives are only useful when you are on a roll to mow down fodder army in front of you. Sword/ Spears are more convenient weapons in close combat with tough opponents. Plus swinging huge ass glaives kinda gives openings which the enemy army can take advantage of. And, yes sword fights has better choreograph and is fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.