Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Indeed. Lol. This post aged like milk.
I wonder what the purpose of giving Kochou all that hype was lol. Are we truly going to learn nothing else about him or his relevance to Zhao? All that hype just to fuel the Kanki hype train? Lol

We all knew Kanki was going to win this, but damn was Kochou disappointing. If ever there was a time for Ousen to swoop in and get somebody to join his army, it should’ve been with Gakuhaku Kou at Eikyuu #RIP

Good that Kouchou was good fighter and we got to see glimpse of his Martial art before death..
But he didn't live to the hype , give 150K soldier to Akau and he will do better job than Kouchou..

In entire war he didn't show anything extraordinary as GG . The only reason Kanki army was cornered because they were outnumbered yet they managed to kill one general.

Overall very poor performance by protector of Katan..

I wonder what the purpose of giving Kochou all that hype was lol. Are we truly going to learn nothing else about him or his relevance to Zhao? All that hype just to fuel the Kanki hype train? Lol

We all knew Kanki was going to win this, but damn was Kochou disappointing. If ever there was a time for Ousen to swoop in and get somebody to join his army, it should’ve been with Gakuhaku Kou at Eikyuu #RIP
In hindsight perhaps there was a reason why Kochou was only introduced as a "General" and not as a "Great General". :phoenixmarco:

Kochou is like the opposite of Choutou.

Choutou was an old, patriotic bad arse that actually died on his own terms while shredding dozens of fools and wrecking named characters (including the little bitch that poisoned him to begin with) all while hemorrhaging enough blood to paint the side of a house.

Kochou is an old guy that seemingly hates the Zhao royalty but serves them anyway, who got strategically lol diffed, cut his own neck in a rather limited attempt to "die on his own terms" and killed less than a half dozen blokes and nobody important.

In hindsight perhaps there was a reason why Kochou was only introduced as a "General" and not as a "Great General". :phoenixmarco:

Choutou was an old, patriotic bad arse that actually died on his own terms while shredding dozens of fools and wrecking named characters (including the little bitch that poisoned him to begin with) all while hemorrhaging enough blood to paint the side of a house.

Kochou is an old guy that seemingly hates the Zhao royalty but serves them anyway, who got strategically lol diffed, cut his own neck in a rather limited attempt to "die on his own terms" and killed less than a half dozen blokes and nobody important.
He should have captured Raido.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Kochou was a Great General though right? The 150,000 Elites of Kantan were all under his command, and after Riboku was removed, the entire Zhao military was pretty much handed over to Kochou as commander. I think that’s something only a Great General is capable of.

In retrospect, Kochou’s only fatal error was not reading Kanki’s Sun Bin tactic. People forget about Kochou’s other strategic showings before Kanki, which were actually pretty good.

Kochou made the decision to draw the Zhao defense line ahead of Kantan instead of fighting for Retsubi or Gyou, which caused the Qin to completely stall in their tracks for a year straight. It was only after Qin re-instated the Qin 6 system that the Qin military was able to start gaining any ground at all against a Kochou-lead Zhao. That’s a really awesome feat right there lol.

To the people saying Akou would’ve done better than Kochou with his army: Unless Akou could’ve effectively read the Sun Bin tactic, which not even Ousen himself could read, then no, Akou would’ve suffered the same fate as Kochou here lol.

Kochou was definitely disappointing in how quickly Kanki defeated him once he got his army of elites moving, but don’t disrespect him by putting Akou on his level as a General when Akou has never shown broad strategic vision or the ability to lead an army consisting of more than 30K men lol.

Not to take away from Chou tou but he got really lucky with the opportunity Kanki provided him. Kochou didn't.

As for Zhou royalty, i think they have earned the hate. Riboku also hates them but is too loyal to do anything about it. Kochou could be the same. Hence he has loyal vassals.

Kochou was a Great General though right? The 150,000 Elites of Kantan were all under his command, and after Riboku was removed, the entire Zhao military was pretty much handed over to Kochou as commander. I think that’s something only a Great General is capable of.
Kochou is definitely talented enough to hold the rank of a Great General but he just doesn't. Lol. As far as I can recall, nobody has ever referred to him as one.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Kochou is definitely talented enough to hold the rank of a Great General but he just doesn't. Lol. As far as I can recall, nobody has ever referred to him as one.
I think the translators are short handing his title, like how Ouki, Riboku, Renpa, etc are only referenced as Generals in places. Kochou has been referenced as a Great General before:

And I doubt they’d give command of the entire Zhao military to someone who wasn’t a Great General. But this is the notoriously stupid Zhao monarchy so who knows lel.

I think the translators are short handing his title, like how Ouki, Riboku, Renpa, etc are only referenced as Generals in places. Kochou has been referenced as a Great General before:
Damn, I missed this one. Lol. That was in a chapter in this arc, aye? If so then he might have got a recent promotion in order to lead the Zhao military.
And I doubt they’d give command of the entire Zhao military to someone who wasn’t a Great General. But this is the notoriously stupid Zhao monarchy so who knows lel.
To be fair, after what happened at Shukai Plains, I don't think there was a whole lot of options besides Kochou.

Riboku is obviously a no since the Zhao Court just tried to kill him and Shibashou always calls in sick. The only guy I can think of is Great General Gakujou but nothing has been said of the guy since Renpa bested him. :quest:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Damn, I missed this one. Lol. That was in a chapter in this arc, aye? If so then he might have got a recent promotion in order to lead the Zhao military.
Yeah chapter 675….but I could’ve sworn he was referenced as a Great General in other places too. It’s possible he was promoted to the rank but like I said, he is the leader of 150K elites which seems like he would need the rank of GG for, we’ve never seen a standard General lead such a massive army.

And it would be characteristically selfish of the Zhao monarchy to have the guy defending their capital be a Great General lol.

To be fair, after what happened at Shukai Plains, I don't think there was a whole lot of options besides Kochou.

Riboku is obviously a no since the Zhao Court just tried to kill him and Shibashou always calls in sick. The only guy I can think of is Great General Gakujou but nothing has been said of the guy since Renpa bested him. :quest:
Yeah, but I imagine they wouldn’t give control of the whole military over to any one person if he weren’t capable of leading it. Like they would just have multiple generals commanding separate armies to protect Kantan rather than giving the whole thing to Kochou. Just a guess though lol.

Yeah chapter 675….but I could’ve sworn he was referenced as a Great General in other places too. It’s possible he was promoted to the rank but like I said, he is the leader of 150K elites which seems like he would need the rank of GG for, we’ve never seen a standard General lead such a massive army.
Not entirely. We have seen individuals ranked only as Generals lead massive armies before.

The Ryofui faction led an army of 200,000 men to attack Wei.

Ousen was also made the Supreme Commander of a 200,000 strong army while he only had the official rank of General.