Kingdom - Chapter 696

Rate The Chapter:

• Total voters
I can't be the only one who feels like this chapter was very underwhelming. We've seen all sorts of atrocities in kingdom where Hara highlights how gruesome they were.
Look at these double pages where the people of Rigan were killed or when the Kanki army burned that mountain.

Now compare that this scenario where a 100K people are being killed but it doens't feel impactfull at all. Like, I would have expected atleast one double page in which we would see something crazy like Kanki's rainbow he made for Kisui , especially knowing how Kanki likes to play with his victims.
The only thing we really got which didn't even come close to that was the final page which isn't even that noticable because almost half of it just text.
This chapter felt more like Hara just wanted to get it done and move on to something else without really putting any amazement into it.

This chapter shouldn't have focused on any of the people from other states reacting to the news, rather Hara could do that later similair to chapter 673 and then properly (re)introduce Riboku and Shibashou.
It should have simply focused on Kanki's savagery towards the Zhoa, it feels like a wasted opportunity for the author to display what could have been one of the most impactfull moments in the series.

I can't be the only one who feels like this chapter was very underwhelming. We've seen all sorts of atrocities in kingdom where Hara highlights how gruesome they were.
Look at these double pages where the people of Rigan were killed or when the Kanki army burned that mountain.

Now compare that this scenario where a 100K people are being killed but it doens't feel impactfull at all. Like, I would have expected atleast one double page in which we would see something crazy like Kanki's rainbow he made for Kisui , especially knowing how Kanki likes to play with his victims.
The only thing we really got which didn't even come close to that was the final page which isn't even that noticable because almost half of it just text.
This chapter felt more like Hara just wanted to get it done and move on to something else without really putting any amazement into it.

This chapter shouldn't have focused on any of the people from other states reacting to the news, rather Hara could do that later similair to chapter 673 and then properly (re)introduce Riboku and Shibashou.
It should have simply focused on Kanki's savagery towards the Zhoa, it feels like a wasted opportunity for the author to display what could have been one of the most impactfull moments in the series.
i think it's cuz hara want to draw it with the reaction of HSU seeing tons of corpses etc.

You can't do much to 100k prisoners, there were just too many of them to mutilate them individually, they had to be quick. Pressed of time and large numbers.

kanki is so smart he send hi shin unit to after zhao forces so they cannot watch the massacre catded
then he know his number vs prisoners number have very big gap so he ordered their execution through trickery and "behind the hills" so remaining prisoners cannot see what fate they gonna get :super:
n finally he know that release the prisoners will make zhao forces grow again so .... yeah this is a good choice but at least he not torturing them that,s the only consolation i see :sus:

well .... at least hakuki record is still unbreakable

So far this kind of massacre is always be part of Kanki plan for certain purpose (mentally treating enemy bos or something like that) but not this time, purpose was done, it literally only sweeping bunch of dying bugs with really casual way by Kanki standart.

That's probably the reason why I feel this stuff underwhelming IMO

So far this kind of massacre is always be part of Kanki plan for certain purpose (mentally treating enemy bos or something like that) but not this time, purpose was done, it literally only sweeping bunch of dying bugs with really casual way by Kanki standart.

That's probably the reason why I feel this stuff underwhelming IMO
It is ruthless but I think it was a good strategy to kill them all, no matter how you look at it, Kanki's army lost a lot of men and Zhao's army outnumbered Qin's one in that campaign so by killing them he gave a substantial advantage to the Qin's side.
Most of these guys would have join another army to fight the Qin again