Votes: 6 54.5%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
On my next reread i will take a close look on the numbers and write them down
At this point it seems like they are bringing hundreds of thousands out of their ass
Qin is quite a large nation, the second largest in the setting after Chu. Even small city states like Ai can muster up an army of 10,000.
If a city and immediate surrounding population can raise an army of 10,000 then for an army of 200,000 Qin only needs 20 cities. A nation the size of Qin will have significantly more than 20 cities. Not to mention all the numerous towns and villages throughout the kingdom that will contribute a number of men each.

Qin is quite a large nation, the second largest in the setting after Chu. Even small city states like Ai can muster up an army of 10,000.
If a city and immediate surrounding population can raise an army of 10,000 then for an army of 200,000 Qin only needs 20 cities. A nation the size of Qin will have significantly more than 20 cities. Not to mention all the numerous towns and villages throughout the kingdom that will contribute a number of men each.
When Zhao attacked them they had no forces and needed the farmers and villagers to come help because their 200k army had attacked another state and in the coalition arc they took every single soldier they had and it was still barely above 200k iirc, so now sending 200k men while Ousen and Kanki probably already had a 100 to 150k army while still leaving soldiers to protect the borders is crazy
They now pretty much have the same numbers as the coalition army did

Last edited:
When Zhao attacked them they had no forces and needed the farmers and villagers to come help because their 200k army had attacked another state
The problem for Qin during the start of the Bayou Campaign was not purely numbers, it was where their active numbers were.

Qin incorrectly assumed that their border with Zhao was safe so they did not have any forces mobilised in their Northern territory. Their professional forces and Great Generals were focused on Han, Wei and Chu.

Zhao caught Qin with their pants down so Qin had to quickly mobilise whatever it could in a short amount of time and set it up with a supply line.
and in the coalition arc they took every single soldier they had and it was still barely above 200k iirc
Yes because for that they were relying on purely already active soldiers from other fronts. Qin had an even worse time constraint in that arc than in Bayou so there was next to no time to mobilise any additional forces and it had already lost access to most of it's territory so that limited mobilisation choices even further.
so now sending 200k men while Ousen and Kanki probably already had a 100 to 150k army while still leaving soldiers to protect the borders is crazy
It is not crazy because Qin has actually had a long period of time to properly mobilise it's forces in preparation for it's invasion of Zhao whereas during both the Bayou Campaign and the Coalition War, Qin was completely taken by surprise and immediately forced on the back foot with time constraints.

After several successful invasions, Qin also has more territory than ever before and thus now has a larger population pool to recruit from.

"My eyes don't decieve me, Kanki will be perfect bait to get information on the northern Zhao"
This would be the funniest shit, treating him like the likes of Heki :suresure:
For some reason Ousen presumably "using" Kanki immediately reminded me of Rinshoujo manipulating Renpa lol.

But i guess Ousen's eyes hint at what he's thinking, his intuition tells him that Kanki is about to get fucked real soon.

riboku spy really work hard :myman:
or riboku can guess easily what ousen n kanki strategy :yasu:
looks like ousen really use kanki as vanguard this time ... and those north qin army ... they gonna be replaced by zhao army as a surprise "attack" to kanki :finally:
I think it was just a prediction on Riboku's part. There seem to be signs of information blackout as not even Mouten and Shin knew about it. Primarily Mouten, Shin is a dumbass anyway

Riboku just read SHK and Ousen like a book. He knew they would attack Gian even before Ousen saw the wall and then devised the plan.
Post automatically merged:

The problem for Qin during the start of the Bayou Campaign was not purely numbers, it was where their active numbers were.

Qin incorrectly assumed that their border with Zhao was safe so they did not have any forces mobilised in their Northern territory. Their professional forces and Great Generals were focused on Han, Wei and Chu.

Zhao caught Qin with their pants down so Qin had to quickly mobilise whatever it could in a short amount of time and set it up with a supply line.

Yes because for that they were relying on purely already active soldiers from other fronts. Qin had an even worse time constraint in that arc than in Bayo+u so there was next to no time to mobilise any additional forces and it had already lost access to most of it's territory so that limited mobilisation choices even further.

It is not crazy because Qin has actually had a long period of time to properly mobilise it's forces in preparation for it's invasion of Zhao whereas during both the Bayou Campaign and the Coalition War, Qin was completely taken by surprise and immediately forced on the back foot with time constraints.

After several successful invasions, Qin also has more territory than ever before and thus now has a larger population pool to recruit from.
I disagree. The number are definitely coming out of their ass.

As you yourself pointed out there were fewer active soldiers but they barely mustered 300k people for their army. And they did have time. They had 15 whole days after the Kankoku pass battle began and then 7 days for the battle of Sai. And they had a few days beforehand. That's more than 25 days they had AT LEAST.

They even commented that Kanyou didn't have enough people to defend it.

The second thing about Ai that they had 10k soldiers. That's because they were inactive at the time of Bayou and such. And weren't called back during coalition because they didn't call back soldiers from outer cities. but the bigger problem most of the troops that are in the cities that you say can be mustered is false. They still have to remain in those cities to protect them. those soldiers can't move out.

They already have 5GGs each of them probably consisting of around 100k soldiers. Plus independent units like Shin. Excluding Yotanwa that's still like 450k troops.

So Coalition - Less than 300k and 90k deceased after the battle.

That'd make the forces of Qin around 200k troops + city defense soldiers after coalition

Now - 450k active soldiers

That's 250k increment.

Inactive soldiers So we can assume inactive soldiers probably boosted around a 50k (and that's generous as they recalled every soldier to duty during Coalition afaik)

We can go with 200 cities in Qin and they all sent half of their city defenses(again being very generous) that'd be around 100k soldiers

That means about 100k people who worked in something else joined the army of their own volition.

And now you mean to tell me they can conscript a 200k army out of thin air? I call bullshit. They couldn't conscript a 100k army in Bayou when their were more inactive soldiers and more farmers then there are now.

Last edited:
@Bullet after remembering something, it turns out Qin has had the capacity to potentially have an army of 600,000 Qin soldiers since the very first arc, before they even had all of their additional conquered territory and access to the people within those territories.
Combine those two figures and you have 600,000 troops.
Better remember that number folks cause if I recall correctly, Ousen brings up that figure when it comes to invading Chu.:ihaha: