Versus Battle Kira / Light Yagami vs Shikamaru Nara

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Shikamaru replaces L in this scenario, he does not have any chakra to use jutsu. He does have all of L's resources at the start of the Kira case. Can Shikamaru catch Light? In a five minute (generous here) battle, Shikamaru managed to plan over 200 additional moves to defeat Temari. Only his chakra fatigue was a problem. His IQ is also 200, which seems insanely high even for Kira here.

So can "S" defeat Kira?

S

Shuyaku

No chakra. If you just replace L with Shikamaru, could Shikamaru solve the Kira case?
Ok, cause i got confused by the whole 200 moves thing. I don't see how a fighting strategy would solve a mass murder case, but admittedly i forget a lot about Naruto. L did not know about the Shinigami, so that's one extra thing Light has an advantage in.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Ok, cause i got confused by the whole 200 moves thing. I don't see how a fighting strategy would solve a mass murder case, but admittedly i forget a lot about Naruto. L did not know about the Shinigami, so that's one extra thing Light has an advantage in.
More just to prove how quick thinking Shikamaru is and how, given a less heated combat scenario, he can make plenty of plans.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
No chakra. If you just replace L with Shikamaru, could Shikamaru solve the Kira case?
I'd say no. Raw smarts tend to be overrated. In addition to being a genius, L is also a very experienced detective. Whatever gap Shikamaru has over L in intellect (and I doubt a significant one exists), L's wealth of experience as a detective should more than make up for it.

If the superior detective failed, I expect Shikamaru would fail as well.