Future Events Kizaru Says Edward Weevil is as strong as young Whitebeard. Will he help in beating Kaido?

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž

My theory on Weevil being a surprise ally against Kaido and Linlin

- Marco said Miss Bakkin was in the same crew as Whitebeard 40 years ago. As in Rocks' crew, with Whitebeard, Shiki, Linlin and Kaido. So she has a history with Linlin and Kaido.
- Kurozumi Higarashi transformed into young Shiki, she said she used to sail the seas outside Wano. So she was probably on Rocks' crew as well. She might have been blood related to Miss Bakkin or at least gave her instructions on how to get to Wano unharmed.
- Weevil is being manipulated by Miss Bakkin to go after Luffy so he can guide them to Marco.
- Bakkin will guide Weevil to Wano to go after Luffy. When Bakkin's true intentions are exposed, Weevil will turn babyface and join the alliance.

- The power scale lads and lasses know more about this than me, but he was portrayed to be a monster by Kizaru, so he's believable as a potential wild card tipping the scales in the alliance's favor.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
β€Ž
Nice work, man!! I’ve never felt like Weevil would actually be a villain to Luffy, he’s clearly being controlled by his mother and just wants to avenge his β€œfather’s” death more than anything. If not Wano, I imagine he’ll be a huge help when the impending conflict with Blackbeard comes into focus.

Akai2

β€Ž
Nice work, man!! I’ve never felt like Weevil would actually be a villain to Luffy, he’s clearly being controlled by his mother and just wants to avenge his β€œfather’s” death more than anything. If not Wano, I imagine he’ll be a huge help when the impending conflict with Blackbeard comes into focus.
Agreed. He's One Piece's answer to Dragon Ball's Majin Buu being manipulated by Babidi.

He's naive but stupidly strong. And since they're up against two Yonko, I feel his turn to the alliance's side is needed here if he's really as strong as Whitebeard.

Weevil has been said to be as strong as WB in his youth but we know that WB didn't reach his prime until he was in his fourties-fifties and he certainely doesn't have his "father's" skills, experience and mastery of haki, so even if he's very powerful I don't think that he's really a match for an admiral or a yonko.
Also I think that he will rather help against the one that Weevil truly hates : Blackbeard since he wants to avenge Whitebeard.

Akai2

β€Ž
Weevil has been said to be as strong as WB in his youth but we know that WB didn't reach his prime until he was in his fourties-fifties and he certainely doesn't have his "father's" skills, experience and mastery of haki, so even if he's very powerful I don't think that he's really a match for an admiral or a yonko.
Also I think that he will rather help against the one that Weevil truly hates : Blackbeard since he wants to avenge Whitebeard.
That's an interesting take.

Being compared to a young Whitebeard after single-handedly defeating 16 WB-affiliated crews is still no joke even if it's not prime WB level. I'm no powerscaler, but I didn't mean that he could match an emperor 1 on 1. None of the current allies can currently do that.

I was proposing him as a potential high level ally that could tip the scales if he joins the group that'll already be fighting.

As for helping in Wano instead of against BB, I'd say Bakkin seeking out Luffy to get information on Marco is an elegant way to tie him up to current events. And that doesn't negate the possibility of going after BB after that. I don't view them as mutually exclusive.

I just think he's an intriguing wild card character!

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
Exactly. No one including Weevil or Luffy can solo a Yonko currently. But Weevil, Luffy, Kidd, Law, Minks, etc.. would start having a realistic shot.
I feel if someone joins he is supposed to take out the second yonko.

As it stands I can see the current side taking out Kaido and his men after a super intense battle.

I wonder if Oda really wants to put BM down so soon and not on Elbaf still.

I'd love him to show up and ally with the alliance but even if he did ally with the alliance, it will most likely only happen after he's fought Luffy and right now I'm not really sure the alliance can have Luffy occupied with someone as powerful as Weevil on Onigashima given the overwhelming strength of the antagonists there. But then again I only say this, cause I can't wrap my head around how Oda could possibly make it work. He'd be massive as an ally though~! Kizaru hyped up his strength saying he's as strong as a young WB, so you already know he's going to be nasty strength wise.

I find it a bit odd that Neko still hasn't shown up on Wano given how important the raid on Onigashima is, so maybe Neko was unfortunate enough to meet Weevil on his way back ^^".

Akai2

β€Ž
I'd love him to show up and ally with the alliance but even if he did ally with the alliance, it will most likely only happen after he's fought Luffy and right now I'm not really sure the alliance can have Luffy occupied with someone as powerful as Weevil on Onigashima given the overwhelming strength of the antagonists there. But then again I only say this, cause I can't wrap my head around how Oda could possibly make it work. He'd be massive as an ally though~! Kizaru hyped up his strength saying he's as strong as a young WB, so you already know he's going to be nasty strength wise.

I find it a bit odd that Neko still hasn't shown up on Wano given how important the raid on Onigashima is, so maybe Neko was unfortunate enough to meet Weevil on his way back ^^".
It all depends on the message Marco send with Neko. Did he go to find someone first before coming to Wano? I hope it's Izo

Oda never introduces characters late into an arc. He ALWAYS introduces everyone involved in an arc early on in the arc. The people introduced early on are the people who the arc ends with.

People (myself included at the time) thought Shanks would appear in Dressrosa because he was finding Joker difficult, and he never showed up. He won with his own power and everyone introduced early on.

Oda literally never and has never had a character just swoop in late in an arc. Learnt enough from trends that the idea someone will come to save Luffy never happens. Luffy's not at the stage where he needs help, he's at the stage where he proves he's not needing help and is a great Pirate like he promised Shanks he'd become.

Weevil won't be appearing.

The SHs already have enough characters to take on Kaido:
  • Law's Heart Pirates
  • Kid Pirates
  • Nekomamushi who will likely show up with Izzo instead of Marco which would explain why it's taking 2 weeks for Nekomamushi to arrive at Wano.
  • X Drake
  • 4,000+ Samurai
  • Zunesha was stated to be coming

More so, got to take into consideration that there are not only A LOT of allies that need screen time, there are also A LOT OF VILLAINS that need screen time. Adding Weevil to the mix would be excessive and he's not needed.

Further more, if we look at the big picture, Luffy was saved by many powerful Pirates. 2 years later he's reinvented himself and now, he's not asking for helping and owing favours, he's the one being owed favours. Why is that important? The end goal is war with the WG and Luffy needs allies.

Luffy has saved Fishman Island, Alabasta, Dressrosa, Water 7, Zou, Wano soon, WCI (eventually). What is the result of saving them? They became his allies because he's a Hero. Being a hero means he's trusted. Being trusted means if he reveals the Void Century which shows how evil the WG is, these nations will fight alongside Luffy to bring down the Celestial Dragons.

What am I getting at? Luffy defeating Weevil would mean Marco owes Luffy a favour. Not just Marco, but the WB Pirates for protecting WB's treasure, but also, honouring Whitebeard. That would give them reason to ally with Luffy for the final war.

The entire story is literally about Luffy gathering allies for the final war. The arcs we're going through are just establishing his allies. Wano is just one of many, we're going to have Elbaph being indebted to Luffy soon and even WCI (Katakuri seems to be built up as an a potential ally). The final arc will probably be the war.

Weevil may very well show up after Kaido is defeated, but I doubt he'll appear in Wano. Once Kaido is defeated, Wano needs to rebuild, celebrate, and the usual. Can't have Wano being destroyed more after the battle with Kaido.

Big Mom also likely won't feature in this arc much; can't have 2 Emperors defeated in the same arc. Oda will probably meme Big Mom again or have her return to WCI for whatever reason.

Kuma appeared pretty late, when the only two enemies left were Oars and Moriah, afaik.
You clearly didn't get the point.

I said no one arrives to aid the SHs. The people who do were already introduced early on.

That's why it was obvious Kyoshiro was someone we were introduced to early and part of why I said Kyoshiro was likely Denjiro assuming you remember.

Kuma appeared, not like he helped them against Moriah.

Kuma's appearance was development for Sabaody and the 2 year time-skip, not Thriller Bark arc or taking Moriah down.