Kou En - The Tiger of Chu

The huge state of Chu surely is a large threat. The overall power of the nation has received big hype, as well as the figure of the Chu general. Of course we have also met characters like Kanmei, Karin and Man'U etc, beasts.

And then we have Kou En, the Tiger of Chu. The big boss. How do you think he'll compare to the likes of Riboku, Ousen and the other generals who stand at the top? Also, what kind of general do you expect him to be?

@TheKnightOfTheSea @Blackbeard @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Owl Ki @RayanOO @Jailer @MarineHQ62 @Da evil Who @Monet @Yo Tan Wa @Zoro D Goat etc.

Last edited:

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
His epithet points us towards him possibly being the strongest martial artist in the entire manga.

We will see about the rest.

Karin speaking soo respectfully and quietly about him makes me think he is a monster in a lot of regards.

The portrayal of Kou En so far reminds me of a hybrid between Shou Hei Kun (funny enough) and Ou Ki.

He is respected by Ka Rin, which speaks of his martial might more than anything. And as TheKnightOfTheSea mentioned before, Ri En, someone who hates wars, also respects him and values his opinion, which speaks heavily of Kou En's intelligence.

Kou En seems like a "monstrous" version of Tou, extremely well rounded with no exploitable weakness.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
His more interesting epithet imo is โ€œthe Conqueror of the Eastโ€. This title implies that in his lifetime, he conquered a huge amount of Eastern territory for Chu.

The only territory to the East of Chu that ever couldโ€™ve been conquered was the territory that used to belong to Qi when Qi was a superstate. This likely means that Kou En wouldโ€™ve been the most noteable figure from Gakukiโ€™s Coalition Army (aside from Gakuki himself) and that Kou En wouldโ€™ve completely conquered southern Qi.

And since Qi was a superstate, it is also probable that Qiโ€™s Generals back in the day were just like Chuโ€™s Generals now (IE much stronger than Generals from other states).

We saw how powerful standard Chu Generals like the Juukou Gang were, so just imagine how powerful Kou En would have to be to fall an entire territory full of Manโ€™Uโ€™s lol.

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
The huge state of Chu surely is a large threat. The overall power of the nation has received big hype, as well as the figure of the Chu general. Of course we have also met characters like Kanmei, Karin and Man'U etc, beasts.

And then we have the first in command of the Chu military, Kou En, the Tiger of Chu. The big boss. How do you think he'll compare to the likes of Riboku, Ousen and the other generals who stand at the top? Also, what kind of general do you expect him to be?

@TheKnightOfTheSea @Blackbeard @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Owl Ki @RayanOO @Jailer @MarineHQ62 @Da evil Who @Monet @Yo Tan Wa @Zoro D Goat etc.
He is incredibly strong and very capable, easily 10 of all time, and possibly top 5. I would put him onpar or a little above Ouki/Renpa. Despite his lack of mentions in the series, he has some insane hype.

We know that he was a Great General during the era of King Sho and Qin's Six Great Generals.
Infact, he was directly sent out to fight Oukotsu, the 6GGs with the highest amount of brute strength. I believe he engineered a plan that put Young Kanmei in a position to defeat Oukotsu.

One of his epithets is also "The Tiger of Chu". The only other care who's been described as a tiger is Shibashou, somebody who has Great Heavens level talent and was capable of holding off a 20,000 Yan Army with only 5,000 men.

Kouen is clearly very experienced and well respected.

After the death of Kanmei in the Coalition War, Kouretsu, the current King of Chu at the time comments that he was stingy while sending soldiers to participate in the Coaliton War.

Renpa, suggests that the Chu king should have sent Kouen if he felt like he was stingy.
. The fact that both Renpa, one of the greatest generals of all time and Kouretsu, someone who ruled over his court and had Shunshinkun(possibly the most powerful man in China at the time) under his control both seem to respect Kouen is mad hype to me.

He is respected by Ka Rin, which speaks of his martial might more than anything. And as TheKnightOfTheSea mentioned before, Ri En, someone who hates wars, also respects him and values his opinion, which speaks heavily of Kou En's intelligence.
Indeed;
Kouen is no doubt a capable strategist and very intelligent, but this tells me that he's looking for a strong leader. Luckily, Chu will get a verrry capable leader if Hara continues to follow history.

Speaking of Karin, she refers to him as "General Kouen"
. This is the same Karin that called Kanmei a ape and Ordo retarded. Karin then chooses to accept Rien's proposition and becomes Prime Minister of Chu afterward. Considering how Karin was described as being a "prodigy of warfare", and she's relatively unknown, I think there's a possibility Karin directly served under Kouen like Kanmei did.

Karin also seemingly tolerates disrespect from Kouyoku, someone who's Chinese name is translated to Xiang Yi, while Kouen's translated name is Xiang Yu. Considering how Kouyoku possesses the legendary Bakura Sword that allows him to fight onpar with Tou, I think it's very likely that Kouen and Kouyoku are father and son, but regardless they are 100% family.

Kouyoku will likely become a Great General around the same time Shin, Ouhon and Moubu's adopted son do.

I believe Kouen will be an instinctual general, but also a tactical beast. He is likely only slightly weaker than Kanmei/Moubu/Man'U/Gaimou in martial might. He also should be an amazing leader, considering how Karin, someone inferior to him has sway(or direct command) of over 300,000 troops.

Kouen hands Shin and Mouten a gigantic defeat during the first attempted Chu invasion.

Shouheikun starts a rebellion in cities that Shin and Mouten have already conquered, forcing them to turn around, then Kouen sneak attacks both(or just Shin, depending on the source). Kouen then kills 7 of Shin's commanders and utterly defeats him. This is the biggest defeat Qin had in the unification, and it will likely be a huge event for Shin's character arc.

According to some sources, Shouheikun also pincered Shin while he was distracted by Kouen's army. Shouheikun has been subtly built up as a villain for both Shin and Ten, but I still think Kouen will be Shin's biggest Chu opponent.

I would bet on Kouen and Shouheikun being like Kisui and Keisha during the final Chu Arc, two strong generals with the same amount of authority.

According to the Meng Wu and Chu Zi one shot, Shouheikun lives as a farmer in Chu till Qin takes Chu's royal capital, then Shouheikun serves as the final King of Chu and dies in the final war. That means Kouen was in charge of Chu till the final year of Chu's existence, 223BC.

Kouen also commands an army of 500,000 historically, and fights against Ousen and Moubu's army of 600,000 later.

Kouen is the grandfather of Xiang Yu, someone who historically was a complete monster. Considering how Hara said he wanted to end the manga with the rise of Han, I think he will likely get to see at least a glimpse of Xiang Yu in action.

Considering how notorious Xiang Yu was, I think Hara will take the cues and portray Kouen as a total monster.

Historically, he was definitely a badass.

I would bet on his stats being something like this:

Martial Might: 95-98.
Intellect: 93-97.
Leadership: 93-96.
Experience: S.
Instinct: 101.

He also likely possesses a monstrous amount of weight, and I believe he is capable of beating Bayou Houken with the same difficulty as Ouki did.

Riboku was first hyped up by defeating 200,000k Northern Mountain People with 130,000k, I can see Kouen being hyped up in a similar manner, for example, let's say he beats 230,000k with only 140,000k men or something.

Kouen's subordinates will likely be former Great Generals of smaller conquered states. I expect them to be on par or stronger than the Heavenly Kings and Rinshoujou's 10 Heroes.

I can see Man'U being one of Kouen's retainers.

How do you think he'll compare to the likes of Riboku, Ousen and the other generals who stand at the top?
Roughly onpar with them in overall ability. A war between him and Riboku would be interesting, Kouen likely spent most of his time in Southern Chu while Riboku spent most of his time in Northern Zhao fighting the XIongu.

Also, what kind of general do you expect him to be?
A hybrid general, but specializes in instincts. I believe he will be the pinnacle of instinctual generals in the manga. Only EOS Shin will be above him instinctually.

I think he is great as Ousen and Riboku

He is the strongest general in Chu
Even Renpa hypes him as his equal whats more he conquered much of the east that alone puts him on the greatest of all time list for me too

Kouyoku will likely become a Great General around the same time Shin, Ouhon and Moubu's adopted son do.
I wonder if Kou Yoku will fight any of them, like in a true duel.
Riboku was first hyped up by defeating 200,000k Northern Mountain People with 130,000k, I can see Kouen being hyped up in a similar manner, for example, let's
Imagine if when he first appears, it's in a flashback of one of his campaigns.
:finally::finally::finally:
I hope we get to see him / his deputies battle against another "top tier" or against a large army before the Chu campaign really gets started, to establish just what they can really do.

He is incredibly strong and very capable, easily 10 of all time, and possibly top 5. I would put him onpar or a little above Ouki/Renpa. Despite his lack of mentions in the series, he has some insane hype.

We know that he was a Great General during the era of King Sho and Qin's Six Great Generals.
Infact, he was directly sent out to fight Oukotsu, the 6GGs with the highest amount of brute strength. I believe he engineered a plan that put Young Kanmei in a position to defeat Oukotsu.

One of his epithets is also "The Tiger of Chu". The only other care who's been described as a tiger is Shibashou, somebody who has Great Heavens level talent and was capable of holding off a 20,000 Yan Army with only 5,000 men.

Kouen is clearly very experienced and well respected.

After the death of Kanmei in the Coalition War, Kouretsu, the current King of Chu at the time comments that he was stingy while sending soldiers to participate in the Coaliton War.

Renpa, suggests that the Chu king should have sent Kouen if he felt like he was stingy.
. The fact that both Renpa, one of the greatest generals of all time and Kouretsu, someone who ruled over his court and had Shunshinkun(possibly the most powerful man in China at the time) under his control both seem to respect Kouen is mad hype to me.

Indeed;
Kouen is no doubt a capable strategist and very intelligent, but this tells me that he's looking for a strong leader. Luckily, Chu will get a verrry capable leader if Hara continues to follow history.

Speaking of Karin, she refers to him as "General Kouen"
. This is the same Karin that called Kanmei a ape and Ordo retarded. Karin then chooses to accept Rien's proposition and becomes Prime Minister of Chu afterward. Considering how Karin was described as being a "prodigy of warfare", and she's relatively unknown, I think there's a possibility Karin directly served under Kouen like Kanmei did.

Karin also seemingly tolerates disrespect from Kouyoku, someone who's Chinese name is translated to Xiang Yi, while Kouen's translated name is Xiang Yu. Considering how Kouyoku possesses the legendary Bakura Sword that allows him to fight onpar with Tou, I think it's very likely that Kouen and Kouyoku are father and son, but regardless they are 100% family.

I believe Kouen will be an instinctual general, but also a tactical beast. He is likely only slightly weaker than Kanmei/Moubu/Man'U/Gaimou in martial might. He also should be an amazing leader, considering how Karin, someone inferior to him has sway(or direct command) of over 300,000 troops.

Kouen hands Shin and Mouten a gigantic defeat during the first attempted Chu invasion.

Shouheikun starts a rebellion in cities that Shin and Mouten have already conquered, forcing them to turn around, then Kouen sneak attacks both(or just Shin, depending on the source). Kouen then kills 7 of Shin's commanders and utterly defeats him. This is the biggest defeat Qin had in the unification, and it will likely be a huge event for Shin's character arc.

According to some sources, Shouheikun also pincered Shin while he was distracted by Kouen's army. Shouheikun has been subtly built up as a villain for both Shin and Ten, but I still think Kouen will be Shin's biggest Chu opponent.

I would bet on Kouen and Shouheikun being like Kisui and Keisha during the final Chu Arc, two strong generals with the same amount of authority.

According to the Meng Wu and Chu Zi one shot, Shouheikun lives as a farmer in Chu till Qin takes Chu's royal capital, then Shouheikun serves as the final King of Chu and dies in the final war. That means Kouen was in charge of Chu till the final year of Chu's existence, 223BC.

Kouen also commands an army of 500,000 historically, and fights against Ousen and Moubu's army of 600,000 later.

Kouen is the grandfather of Xiang Yu, someone who historically was a complete monster. Considering how Hara said he wanted to end the manga with the rise of Han, I think he will likely get to see at least a glimpse of Xiang Yu in action.

Considering how notorious Xiang Yu was, I think Hara will take the cues and portray Kouen as a total monster.

Historically, he was definitely a badass.

I would bet on his stats being something like this:

Martial Might: 95-98.
Intellect: 93-97.
Leadership: 93-96.
Experience: S.
Instinct: 101.

He also likely possesses a monstrous amount of weight, and I believe he is capable of beating Bayou Houken with the same difficulty as Ouki did.

Riboku was first hyped up by defeating 200,000k Northern Mountain People with 130,000k, I can see Kouen being hyped up in a similar manner, for example, let's say he beats 230,000k with only 140,000k men or something.

Kouen's subordinates will likely be former Great Generals of smaller conquered states. I expect them to be on par or stronger than the Heavenly Kings and Rinshoujou's 10 Heroes.

I can see Man'U being one of Kouen's retainers.

Roughly onpar with them in overall ability. A war between him and Riboku would be interesting, Kouen likely spent most of his time in Southern Chu while Riboku spent most of his time in Northern Zhao fighting the XIongu.

A hybrid general, but specializes in instincts. I believe he will be the pinnacle of instinctual generals in the manga. Only EOS Shin will be above him instinctually.
So basically in your scenario Kou En would be an hybrid general that is both a tactical beast and the best instictive general in the manga (look at how impressed Riboku was with Duke Hyou instict), a monster fighter like Ouki who carries an enormous amount of weight and an outstanding leader. Subordinates on par or above Renpa's.

Dude, what the fuck lol. Alright, that would be mad hype.
Will he also be employing machine guns, tanks and a bunch of other military stuff? ๐Ÿ˜‚

TheKnightOfTheSea

โ€Ž
I wonder if Kou Yoku will fight any of them, like in a true duel.
Kouyoku will go to Ouhon imo. His archer boyfriend goes to Mouten. If Kouyoku kills Tou, I think Shin gets him.

So basically in your scenario Kou En would be an hybrid general that is both a tactical beast and the best instictive general in the manga (look at how impressed Riboku was with Duke Hyou instict), a monster fighter like Ouki who carries an enormous amount of weight and an outstanding leader. Subordinates on par or above Renpa's.

Dude, what the fuck lol. Alright, that would be mad hype.
Will he also be employing machine guns, tanks and a bunch of other military stuff? ๐Ÿ˜‚
๐Ÿ˜‚ Maybe I went a little too far, but I think he and a couple of other Chu Great Generals will fight all Six of Qin's generals at once, so he should be a beast.

I'm not sure how strong his subordinate will be, but I think at least 2 of them will be Heavenly King level.

Kouyoku will go to Ouhon imo. His archer boyfriend goes to Mouten. If Kouyoku kills Tou, I think Shin gets him.

๐Ÿ˜‚ Maybe I went a little too far, but I think he and a couple of other Chu Great Generals will fight all Six of Qin's generals at once, so he should be a beast.

I'm not sure how strong his subordinate will be, but I think at least 2 of them will be Heavenly King level.
I mean, Hara can make the guy as good as he wants to. Kingdom might be based on history but Ouki here is a general on par with Renpa, Shin will surpass all the guys of this era and so on.
Is Chu meant to be the final big obstacle of the unification?

TheKnightOfTheSea

โ€Ž
Wasn't Duke Hyou implied to be the pinnacle of instinctual generals tho? At least, if I remember correctly.
Not implied, but straight up said to be the pinnacle of instinctual by Riboku himself. Riboku also stated Duke Hyouโ€™s knowledge of warfare was โ€œbeyond my (Riboku) understandingโ€
Aight, thanks. I thought one of the Duke's subordinates made that comment about Hyou's abilities.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Aight, thanks. I thought one of the Duke's subordinates made that comment about Hyou's abilities.
Nah bro lol. Beginning of Coalition War Riboku was like โ€œI believe Keisha is the most dangerous instinctual type.โ€

Then Riboku saw Duke Hyou conquer the Ryuudou, which Keisha could never do in war games, and Ribokuโ€™s exact words were โ€œfucking shitโ€ lol

For reference:

Duke Hyouโ€™s Instinct Stat is also 100 if you go for stats.

TheKnightOfTheSea

โ€Ž
Iโ€™ve seen people talk about this number system. Where do yโ€™all get it from?
The numbers are from the databooks. You can find them on the Kingdom Wiki.

They are kind of shit lol

Shouheikun has the same strength stat as a guy he two shotted, Gokei had an experience rating of B while the other Fire Dragons had S, Akou only has a strength stat of 91, Kaishibou has 91(lower than Rinko) even though he was stated to be equal to Renpa in offensive power. My favorite is that Houken has a lower leadership stat than a literal ape :vistalaugh:

The numbers are from the databooks. You can find them on the Kingdom Wiki.

They are kind of shit lol

Shouheikun has the same strength stat as a guy he two shotted, Gokei had an experience rating of B while the other Fire Dragons had S, Akou only has a strength stat of 91, Kaishibou has 91(lower than Rinko) even though he was stated to be equal to Renpa in offensive power. My favorite is that Houken has a lower leadership stat than a literal ape :vistalaugh:
LMFAOOOO that last one
So this is basically like Databooks stuff