Kyria

Name: Kyria Race: Large human | Organisation: Pirate
Alias: "Crimson Blade"

Incredibly sharp light stinged the eyes of the baby as he for the first time met the outside world. "Its a boy!" Someone cried out, hands lifted up the baby and something very foreign though very comfortable was pressed against him. This didn't stop him from crying and screaming. "That kid's got some strong pipes on him" Someone said.. "Oh hush" It came from whoever was holding the baby "He's my precious treasure"

The 7 year old boy was running and laughing, the sun in his eyes and the wind in his hair. Not a care in the world existed in him, no discontent could be found. Other kids was running after him, sticks in their hands acting as swords. "I've got you now you Marine!" one kid shouted "hes too fast" said another. They had been at this for hours, the other kids mostly wanted to be pirates, but the kid that ran so fast.. He just wanted to be a marine. "Kyria! Come home, food is ready" The kid dressed as a marine, looked at the disappointed faces of the others, but he knew, same as them, that you come home when you're told.
It was his favorite, spaghetti with sausage and meatballs, Kyria devored it like an animal that hadn't eaten for days, he had eaten both breakfast and supper, but it made no difference to his appetite. His mother was looking at him with a loving though slightly exhasperated expression, "I'm glad you like it, but can't you at least take the time to taste it?". The boy looked up, a spaghetti dangling from his upper lip, "but I am tasting it mother I swear" "Its so good I just can't stop myself".
His mother chuckled loudly, her smile beaming at him: "Well alright then, but don't choke, I swear you've gotten your father's appetite, though I managed to reign him in, but you.. I've got no chance haha". Kyria smirked at that, but he also felt incredible happiness just from hearing his mother's laugh. "When is dad coming home?" He was going to buy me a Marine jacket that would fit me he said" The woman raised her left eyebrow looking at her content, and very spoiled son: "Is he now?" "Those are expensive, and yes I know he can afford it, he managed to sell quite a bit of silk this year, so it shouldn't be a problem, but Kyria.." "Why this focus on being a marine?" The boy swallowed another mouthful of spaghetti, the sause dripping from his cheek: "Because marines are strong, and I want to be strong so I can protect you when dad is out selling wares" Saying up to here the boy grinned.
The mother's heart completely melted and she walked up to the chair Kellan was sitting on and grabbed him in a long, long hug. "Oh you're my sweet little treasure". The child returned the hug, smug that he had managed to make his mother even more happy, "Yes, yes I am".

"You're accused of aiding pirates, giving them food, water and clothes on their back". "This enabled them to be far bolder in their tyranny of the masses, since they always knew that they had somewhere to get fresh supplies no matter what" "What is your defence"?
"Your honor, the only thing I can plead is that I did what I had to do to keep my family alive." "I am but one man, and I did not have the strength to defy them, look behind me. My son is only 13 years old, he's barely started his life, how could I let the pirates snuff it out?" "I had to comply."
After his last statement, faint sobbing could be heard, the boy.. Kyria, was crying because he hadn't known about his father's hardships. He'd had no clue, and now, his father was standing there, surrounded by people that to Kyria looked more like vultures. His father was a sorry sight, he had been beaten black and blue. By who, Kyria didn't know, and didn't want to guess.
"That matters not in the slightest in the eyes of the law, criminal". "You broke the law and will have to pay the price for it!" "I sentence you to 8 years in Impel Down!"
The crowd gasped, the boy shouted "No!!!", this only earned him a smack on the side of his head from a marine officer standing behind him. His mother said nothing, she was beyond greif, and she knew that if she made a fuss now, her son would be left all alone.
As his father was hauled away, Kyria could hear an officer whisper to the judge: "8 years in Impel Down for being forced at knifepoint to give supplies to some lowly pirates sir?" The judge looked quite annoyed, and attempted to whisper, though Kyria heard him perfectly fine. "It's harsh, but I've heard Admiral Akainu is not far from here, and perhaps he will favor me and give me a position of power somewhere off this goddamn island"

Kyria felt sick to his stomach as he was dragged outside, cursing the marines, and the judge as cowards in his heart.
His mother grabbed his hand, more for her comfort than for his perhaps, but Kyria didn't know. "Your father will make it out of this alive, we still have money and will be fine". "Stay strong"
His mother's words who always brought him comfort.. Only made his heart colder.

Five years passed, it was a misreable experience on the mother and son. Kyria now 17 was hungry and struggling, he had little to no friends, because the only friends that wanted anything to do with him was the type of people Kyria avoided like the plague. He hadn't broken, he hadn't given up. He hadn't turned to crime, even as his mother got poorer and had to take increasingly more difficult jobs, he just put his head down, grit his teeth and did as much as he possibly could to contribute to the finances.
A scream ripped asunder the silence. "Mother!" Kyria ran for all he was worth through the streets, his shoes almost falling off in the process. He fell and cut his left leg on a rock, but that didn't matter and onward he went.
He ran around a corner, and there.. In the middle of the road lay his mother, her back stained red with blood. Kyria almost fainted on the spot, above his mother stood a weirdly dressed man with a glass bowl over his head. In his hand was a nasty whip, which he lifted once again and struck down, Kyria's mother screamed, and Kyria himself howled with rage: "stop it!!!"
His mother's eyes snapped open and looked at him sharply, but tinged with indescribable fear: "stay away Kyria!" "Leave!" The man looked up at Kyria, sizing him up and started to laugh "hyojojojo" "You're a big boy aren't you?" "Talk sense into your foolish mother and tell her to become my concubine hyojojojo". Kyria didn't understand a damn thing about what was going on, but onlookers were already gathering, and shouts of "Tenryuubito!"
Kyria felt faint of breath, he knew of the Tenryuubito, and he understood how dire the situation had just become. He knew he had be as polite as he was capable of being: "Sir, my mother might seem alone right now, but she is married". "Would you show mercy and let us leave?" The tyrant was looking at Kyria with joy in his eyes, it looked sick "Hyojojojo but your mother isn't married, why are you lying?" "Do you want to die?" Hearing his Kyria's moher cried out: "Lord have mercy, I really am married, my husband might be in jail, but we will be reunited" "Hyojojojo, but you're not married, a marriage lasts until death do you part". "So I had your husband killed, you are hereby a free lady, now become my concubine hyojojojo!!"
The woman broke down sobbing, Kyria just lost it: "I'll KILLL YOU!!" "Kyria don't do it!!" His mother's plea never reached Kyria, he ran forward, he'd always been faster than most, that had never changed. The Tenryuubito tried swinging the whip against him, but to no awail, Kyria's fist smashed into the man's glassbowl and shattered it. The onlookers gaped and screamed as Kyria threw the Tenryuubito on the ground and just continued to hit, again and again and again. Blood was now covering him, but before he could throw the final blow, his mother threw herself at him, forcing him to stop.
Before Kyria could even say something, he and his mother was lifted up by strong hands and whisked away at an incredible speed. The surrounding city flew by while Kyria was starting to feel sick, he was thrown down on the ground just as the bile started to creep up his throat.
"That was admirable, but incredibly foolish, thankfully your mother stopped you from killing the man, alive he might vent his wrath here, but dead and the whole World government would have burned this place to ash".

Kyria didn't even know what to say, he was shaking from head to foot, his mother had passed out. "What am I supposed to do now?" The man took pity on him and kindness filled his eyes as he answered: "You can't stay here, nor can your mother, I have friends in this town that will take her with them, to a new place". "After today, the Celestial Dragon won't remember her, he will remember you, and you my boy must come with me to a revolutionary stronghold". "I will try my damnest to make you prepared to go up against your foe, and when I'm not skilled enough others will take over".
All Kyria managed to do was nod, and that was enough, his journey was now just starting.

Back in the city, members of the revolutionaries had already started to secretly explain to the citizens that they had to leave, nobody wanted to, but they knew they had to.

A few years passed as the revolutionaries tried to instill a righteous heart into the boy, but Kyria's heart was filled with too much wrath and bitterness. He'd had people that cared for him among some revolutionaries, trainees mostly. Sadly after a few years, he chose to leave. He told his superior: "As I am now, I'm of no use to your cause. Pirates got my father in trouble, but the judge and marines were the ones that sent him to Impel Down like he was a hardened criminal".

"I'll travel the seas as a pirate, I hope you trust me enough to never betray you"

His superior let out a deep sigh before he said: "It might not be my decison to make, but I'll let you go" "If you ever feel yourself finding some sort of peace of mind. I'd love to have you come back.

Kyria didn't say anything to that, just bowed deeply, turned around and left.

He might be his mother's treasure, but he would be his enemies curse.
His personality as a child was happy go lucky. Tragedy and grief made him harder as he got older. He can still be kind, even if he's not righteous like the Revolutionaries. The only thing he truly desires at the beginning of his journey is to vent his anger.

The problem with Kyria, with I.. Was that, there had been something slightly wrong with me since my father had been arrested all those years back. The encounter with the Celestial Dragon, and the knowlege that my father was dead, had increased that wrongness. Had put a scar on my soul that never really got looked after. And with the war in the Bloody Forrest.. Real cracks had started to appear in his psyche.. And now.. With every swing of my sword, every life taken... Slowly, oh so slowly, but surely.. Parts of my humanity were decaying..
61 x 5 = 305
Human Race Bonus (large human) Strength: 12 Agility: + 30 Vitality: + 12
Strength: 79 + 12 = 91
Large building Level
Agility: 51 + 30 = 81
81x2= 162
-Reaction: 81 Massively Hypersonic Reactions
-Movement: 81 Massively Hypersonic Speed
Vitality: 69 +12 = 81
81x2=162
-Resilience: 81 Town Level
-Endurance: 81 Vast Endurance
-Can perform the highest tier of attacks 5-7 times in combat

Haki: 61
81-99 Vast Endurance

Haki can be used for 6 turns straight with a 2 turn cooldown.
61x2=122
-Armament Haki: 81
-Observation Haki: 41
Fighting Style: 45
45x2=90
-Ittoryu/Nitoryu: 90

Last edited: