What Will Law do After Wano?

• Join the Strawhat Crew

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Introduction
I think there are very good chances that Law either joins the Strawhat Pirates as a de jure member — he's already a de facto member — or at least accompanies them as a permanent ally of sorts. Some recent developments make me think the latter is more likely, Oda may not want to rock the boat too much by outright making Law a subordinate of Luffy's.

The Narrative Case for Law to Accompany the Strawhats

Law never really cared to become Pirate King and only wanted to strike down Doflamingo:

This removes one of the main objections I've seen: "Law is a rival of Luffy's". He's not, he never cared for the Pirate King title or throne. His only ambition in life was to defeat Doflamingo, and that's an ambition that Luffy fulfilled for him.

On Dressrosa, he already irrevocably tied his fate to Luffy's and was ready to die for him:

Luffy fulfilled his life ambition of 13 years for him.

It was in a somewhat humorous moment, but Luffy said that Law was a member of his crew:

This was back in Dressrosa, and Luffy already considered Law a Strawhat back then.

To further lampshade Law's de facto Strawhat status, Kidd called Law Strawhat's lackey:

Of course, Law denied this (as he denied Luffy's proclamations that he's a Strawhat), but that's because Law's a major tsundere. Despite all his complaints, he still listens to orders from Luffy and Zoro.

Luffy and Kidd's comments IMO make it clear that in-universe — and in Oda's mind — Law is considered a de facto Strawhat.

He's listened to Zoro's instructions:

He's listened to Luffy's instructions:
  • Sending the Scabbards downstairs:
  • Leaving the Rooftop and spreading his message:

On a side note, Sanji also listened to instructions from Law:

:shocking:

Interestingly, like Zoro he saved Luffy several times during the Rooftop battle. This is noteworthy, because Zoro and Law were the only Supernova to save Luffy.

For his part, Law never saved Kidd or Killer, so Law's saves for Luffy and Zoro were not just general support.
  • He saved Zoro from Kaido's club strike:
  • He tried to save Zoro from Thunder Bagua:

Luffy also doesn't seem to distinguish between Law and Zoro as crewmates. When he was proclaiming his declaration that he would defeat Kaido, he addressed both of them together and asked them to spread the good news:

I cannot imagine that Luffy would address Kidd or Killer in such a fashion. More importantly, I cannot imagine that Kidd or Killer would actually listen to such instruction from Luffy as Law did:

As if to further reinforce that he plans for Law to continue in his de facto Strawhat status, Oda gave him a dream that ties his fate to the Strawhats:

In order to find the truth about the "checkered fate" the D. possess, he must accompany the Strawhats to Raftel.

The Meta Case
  • He's consistently in the Top 5 in popularity polls.
    • His popularity may have led Oda to expand his initially planned role.
  • Oda chose to give him a new dream that requires him to accompany the Strawhats.
    • Oda seems to intend for Law to journey with the Strawhats Post Wano.
  • Law has been acting as a Strawhat and is going to continue doing so.
    • He's a de facto member of the Strawhat Pirates, and at this point may just as well officially join them.

The Case Against
I can't actually present a strong case against Law accompanying the Strawhats Post Wano. Even if he never becomes a de jure Strawhat, he seems set to remain a de fact Strawhat.

It may not happen and the Strawhats could part ways, but that seems really unlikely to me.

As for Law's crew, I think there are several options:
  • Law could leave Bepo in charge of the Heart Pirates.
    • It would explain why he's been so focused and highlighted on.
  • Law could disband the crew.
  • Law could leave them behind on an allied island while he accompanies the Strawhats on the final voyage.
    • He did this when he went on his Doflamingo vendetta.

There are many options, I don't think Law's crew is actually a stumbling block to accompanying/joining the Strawhats. Jimbe seemed to have stronger ties/obligations, and yet he's now a full-fledged member of the crew.

Conclusions
Law's a de facto Strawhat and would continue to remain so. He's unlikely to abandon the Strawhats Post Wano.

Summary
To summarise my points above:
  • Law never really cared to become Pirate King and only wanted to strike down Doflamingo.
    • Thus he's not a rival to Luffy.
  • Law's a mega Luffy simp:
    • Luffy fulfilled his life ambition of 13 years for him.
    • He irrevocably tied his fate to Luffy and was ready to die for him.
  • Law is already considered a de facto Strawhat in-universe and by Oda himself:
    • Luffy said he was a member of his crew.
    • Kidd called him "Strawhats lackey".
    • Luffy addressed him as if he was one of his crewmates.
  • Despite his complaints, Law listens to instructions from Luffy and Zoro.
  • Law saved Luffy and Zoro (and only those two) a few times on the Rooftop.
  • Oda gave Law a new dream that requires him to accompany the Strawhats to Raftel.
  • Law's going to continue sailing aboard the Thousand Sunny after Wano.

@Afroking
@Aknolagon
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Bogard
@Chocolatemuppet
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Dr. Spook
@DynaMight
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@Haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Kiwipom
@Kuro Ashi
@kurwa
@Light D Lamperouge
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@luthonthedragdown
@Marco
@Marimo_420
@MarimoHeado
@MarineHQ62
@MasterD
@matt245
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Parker
@Patryipe
@pedxi
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@Princeley
@Punpun
@Queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Roronoa-sama
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Salah WG
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadowStyle369
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@ShinmenTakezo
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@spawn
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@Ten Yaksha Blother
@Thabeast
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@worst pirate
@Xione
@Xlaw
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@Yukihime
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@ZoroIsOverrated
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo

Introduction
I think there are very good chances that Law either joins the Strawhat Pirates as a de jure member — he's already a de facto member — or at least accompanies them as a permanent ally of sorts. Some recent developments make me think the latter is more likely, Oda may not want to rock the boat too much by outright making Law a subordinate of Luffy's.

Law never really cared to become Pirate King and only wanted to strike down Doflamingo:

This removes one of the main objections I've seen: "Law is a rival of Luffy's". He's not, he never cared for the Pirate King title or throne. His only ambition in life was to defeat Doflamingo, and that's an ambition that Luffy fulfilled for him.

On Dressrosa, he already irrevocably tied his fate to Luffy's and was ready to die for him:

It was in a somewhat humorous moment, but Luffy said that Law was a member of his crew:

This was back in Dressrosa, and Luffy already considered Law a Strawhat back then.

To further lampshade Law's de facto Strawhat status, Kidd called Law Strawhat's lackey:

Of course, Law denied this (as he denied Luffy's proclamations that he's a Strawhat), but that's because Law's a major tsundere. Despite all his complaints, he still listens to orders from Luffy and Zoro.

Luffy and Kidd's comments IMO make it clear that in-universe — and in Oda's mind — Law is considered a de facto Strawhat.

Interestingly, like Zoro he saved Luffy several times during the Rooftop battle. This is noteworthy, because Zoro and Law were the only Supernova to save Luffy.

For his part, Law never saved Kidd or Killer, so Law's saves for Luffy and Zoro were not just general support.

Luffy also doesn't seem to distinguish between Law and Zoro as crewmates. When he was proclaiming his declaration that he would defeat Kaido, he addressed both of them together and asked them to spread the good news:

I cannot imagine that Luffy would address Kidd or Killer in such a fashion. More importantly, I cannot imagine that Kidd or Killer would actually listen to such instruction from Luffy as Law did:

As if to further reinforce that he plans for Law to continue in his de facto Strawhat status, Oda gave him a dream that ties his fate to the Strawhats:

In order to find the truth about the "checkered fate" the D. possess, he must accompany the Strawhats to Raftel.

The Meta Case
  • Oda chose to give him a new dream that requires him to accompany the Strawhats.
    • He's a de facto member of the Strawhat Pirates, and at this point may just as well officially join them.

The Case Against
I can't actually present a strong case against Law accompanying the Strawhats Post Wano. Even if he never becomes a de jure Strawhat, he seems set to remain a de fact Strawhat.

It may not happen and the Strawhats could part ways, but that seems really unlikely to me.

• Law could leave them behind on an allied island while he accompanies the Strawhats on the final voyage.

There are many options, I don't think Law's crew is actually a stumbling block to accompanying/joining the Strawhats. Jimbe seemed to have stronger ties/obligations, and yet he's now a full-fledged member of the crew.

Conclusions
Law's a de facto Strawhat and would continue to remain so. He's unlikely to abandon the Strawhats Post Wano.

Summary
  • Law never really cared to become Pirate King and only wanted to strike down Doflamingo.
  • Oda gave Law a new dream that requires him to accompany the Strawhats to Raftel.

@Afroking
@Aknolagon
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Bogard
@Chocolatemuppet
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Dr. Spook
@DynaMight
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@Haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Kiwipom
@Kuro Ashi
@kurwa
@Light D Lamperouge
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@luthonthedragdown
@Marco
@Marimo_420
@MarimoHeado
@MarineHQ62
@MasterD
@matt245
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Parker
@Patryipe
@pedxi
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@Princeley
@Punpun
@Queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Roronoa-sama
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Salah WG
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadowStyle369
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@ShinmenTakezo
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@spawn
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@Ten Yaksha Blother
@Thabeast
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@worst pirate
@Xione
@Xlaw
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@Yukihime
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@ZoroIsOverrated
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo
We need Zoro Wank bro:feelsokeman:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Introduction

The Meta Case

The Case Against

Conclusions

Summary

@Afroking
@Aknolagon
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Bogard
@Chocolatemuppet
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Dr. Spook
@DynaMight
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@Haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Kiwipom
@Kuro Ashi
@kurwa
@Light D Lamperouge
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@luthonthedragdown
@Marco
@Marimo_420
@MarimoHeado
@MarineHQ62
@MasterD
@matt245
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Parker
@Patryipe
@pedxi
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@Princeley
@Punpun
@Queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Roronoa-sama
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Salah WG
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadowStyle369
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@ShinmenTakezo
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@spawn
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@Ten Yaksha Blother
@Thabeast
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@worst pirate
@Xione
@Xlaw
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@Yukihime
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@ZoroIsOverrated
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo
Good thread, but I think that post-Wano Law will get closer with SWORD. In particular he'll collaborate with Drake.
Sure thing is that at some point, probably Laugh Tale, he'll discover the truth about the D. with the Strawhats.

Bogard

You can't win
Law isn't going anywhere

Oda gave him a new goal in Wano, which was
> Knowing the significance of the D word, the fate / cursed destiny of the D by pursuing the poneglyphs and thus indirectly having to take down the yonko

> Law being a D who have antagonist relationship with the world nobles(Celestial dragons)

> His devil fruit is worth 5 Billions(bigger than regular yonko bounties), called the ultimate devil fruit by some, and is linked to the national treasure of marijoa

> One of Fujitora's targets to apprehend(with Luffy) even beyond Wano, with Akainu potentially on this case as well since he is actually the one willing to capture them the most

> And the last time we saw the gorosei, leaders of celestial dragons, they wanted to active the great cleansing

So looking at this, and judging by how close we're to end of serie, there is no point in Law splitting at this point

He'd play a role against the celestial dragons, with his ability being linked to the national treasure of Marijoa

I don't think he'd ever be outright considered as a Strawhats though, but more like the other D, following his fate, allied to Luffy

He will presumably keep his journey with his crew. Giving the fact he picked those members specifically probably tells a lot about his personality, he should not be particularly demanding about crew mates so he probably would not abandon them even if that would of meant simply marshalling them.