Let's talk about Shinso

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
(this is just a thread for fun and ranting, ignore if you're looking for really serious discussion)

As a big Shinso fan, I just want to point out that he is the biggest underdog of the series. All he wants to do is become a hero, but it seems that everything just keeps getting into his way.

First, his quirk --- brainwashing. When Shinso's quirk was revealed, MHA's Apoo Present Mic talked about how the entrance exam system is flawed because while some people have useful and potentially powerful quirks, it may not be suited for the format of the exam.

He was specifically talking about Shinso and how he has really good potential. Unfortunately, UA's entrance exam requires to fight robots, brainwashing isn't going to work against them . And manipulating other people to defeat the robots wouldn't count towards his kill either. So shit, Shinso was out of luck
Nonetheless, he still made it to the General studies class at least (which means that he had a good score in the written exam, I mean UA is the top school in Japan).

But then I'm surprised that he didn't make it because we are supposed to believe that so many irrelevant characters did make it. Not pointing any fingers at the Hero Class Students, but...

But unlike these characters that we know exist but choose to pretend that they don't, Shinso on the other hand is someone who started off unnoticed, but....

Anyways, all this to say that Shinso is more interesting than a lot of the characters who made it into the hero class and even when reading the joint training arc, there was a lot more focus on Shinso's brainwashing quirk and how to counter it. They viewed him as a threat vs these same irrelevant characters that didn't do much in their entire semester in the hero class. And seriously, if utilized correctly, his quirk could be pretty OP. It's not the combatting type but to use it for support....imagine having him use it on Shigaraki.

Moving on...this is where it really starts pissing me off.

They said that for people who didn't make it into the Hero course originally, they have the chance to transfer if they perform well at the Sports Festivals

Shinso did perform pretty well and was one of the only two people that made it to Round 3 of the U.A. Sports Festival who wasn't in the Hero class. He made it past the cavalry battle but too bad some of the people who he helped get into round 3 were salty and decided to drop out. Shinso is literally trying to make the best out of his quirk but people's just gotta paint him like the bad guy. Well, not his problem I guess.

But this is where it gets dumb. Shinso was put up to fight against Deku.

Shinso was able to brainwash Deku (and rightfully, Shinso should of won because Deku wasn't able to break out of the brainwash himself)

But due to plot armor, Deku has a cheerleading squad in his head! And they helped him break out of this bind!

thanks to these people who decided that they should interfere in this high school sports festival, Shinso ended up loosing the fight. Unless if this is properly explained, it just sounds like nakama powers on steroids. Deku doesn't even need Nakamas to help him, they're in his head!

Well.....it's one thing if this is some power that Deku possess, like he has predecessors of One For All that can help him when he is in the bind...but no! We don't see these people again in a long time.

Where were they when Deku got paralyzed by Stain and severely injured? Where were they when Deku and this little kid almost got crushed by Muscular? Where were they when Deku almost got wrecked by Overhaul?

Oh wait here they are!---this group of people came back again and gave Deku a powerup.....THE NEXT TIME DEKU FOUGHT SHINSO IN THE JOINT TRAINING ARC. Literally, this fight was so low-stake for Deku, meanwhile, it meant everything for Shinso. It was for Shinso to prove himself worthy of becoming a hero.

*Everytime Deku almost dies*
One for all: nah let's not do anything

*Shinso trying to win this fight so he can pursue his dreams*
One for all: DON'T YOU DARE-----*saves Deku and gives him a power up and tells him he can potentially activates 7 quirks*

This kid is just trying to achieve his dreams but there's literally 7 pro heroes who have been dead for a long time climbing out of their graves just to stop him. You can see how tired Shinso is, his eyebags got eyebags. That's because he worked hard and is doing extra practice outside so he can catch up to the hero course. But it feels like the world is just aligned against him :perocry:

At least Shinso helped Deku from destroying himself, thus proving himself having the qualities needed to be a hero despite losing the match.
We'll see you in the Hero Class in Year 2, Shinso and hopefully One for All stops picking on you :catsweat:

That is if there is a next year.

Last edited:
(this is just a thread for fun and ranting, ignore if you're looking for really serious discussion)

As a big Shinso fan, I just want to point out that he is the biggest underdog of the series. All he wants to do is become a hero, but it seems that everything just keeps getting into his way.

First, his quirk --- brainwashing. When Shinso's quirk was revealed, MHA's Apoo Present Mic talked about how the entrance exam system is flawed because while some people have useful and potentially powerful quirks, it may not be suited for the format of the exam.

He was specifically talking about Shinso and how he has really good potential. Unfortunately, UA's entrance exam requires to fight robots, brainwashing isn't going to work against them . And manipulating other people to defeat the robots wouldn't count towards his kill either. So shit, Shinso was out of luck
Nonetheless, he still made it to the General studies class at least (which means that he had a good score in the written exam, I mean UA is the top school in Japan).

But then I'm surprised that he didn't make it because we are supposed to believe that so many irrelevant characters did make it. Not pointing any fingers at the Hero Class Students, but...

But unlike these characters that we know exist but choose to pretend that they don't, Shinso on the other hand is someone who started off unnoticed, but....

Anyways, all this to say that Shinso is more interesting than a lot of the characters who made it into the hero class and even when reading the joint training arc, there was a lot more focus on Shinso's brainwashing quirk and how to counter it. They viewed him as a threat vs these same irrelevant characters that didn't do much in their entire semester in the hero class. And seriously, if utilized correctly, his quirk could be pretty OP. It's not the combatting type but to use it for support....imagine having him use it on Shigaraki.

Shinso was one of the only two people that made it to Round 3 of the U.A. Sports Festival who wasn't in the Hero class. He made it past the calvalry battle but too bad some of the people who he helped get into round 3 were salty and decided to drop out. Shinso is literally trying to make the best out of his quirk but people's just gotta paint him like the bad guy. Well, not his problem I guess.

Shinso was able to brainwash Deku (and rightfully, Shinso should of won because Deku wasn't able to break out of the brainwash himself)

But due to plot armor, Deku has a cheerleading squad in his head! And they helped him break out of this bind!

thanks to these people who decided that they should interfere in this high school sports festival, Shinso ended up loosing the fight. Unless if this is properly explained, it just sounds like nakama powers on steroids. Deku doesn't even need Nakamas to help him, they're in his head!

Well.....it's one thing if this is some power that Deku possess, like he has predecessors of One For All that can help him when he is in the bind...but no! We don't see these people again in a long time.

Where were they when Deku got paralyzed by Stain and severely injured? Where were they when Deku and this little kid almost got crushed by Muscular? Where were they when Deku almost got wrecked by Overhaul?

Oh wait here they are!---this group of people came back again and gave Deku a powerup.....THE NEXT TIME DEKU FOUGHT SHINSO IN THE JOINT TRAINING ARC. Literally, this fight was so low-stake for Deku, meanwhile, it meant everything for Shinso. It was for Shinso to prove himself worthy of becoming a hero.

One for all: DON'T YOU DARE-----*saves Deku and gives him a power up and tells him he can potentially activates 7 quirks*

This kid is just trying to achieve his dreams but there's literally 7 pro heroes who have been dead for a long time climbing out of their graves just to stop him. You can see how tired Shinso is, his eyebags got eyebags. That's because he worked hard and is doing extra practice outside so he can catch up to the hero course. But it feels like the world is just aligned against him :perocry:

At least Shinso helped Deku from destroying himself, thus proving himself having the qualities needed to be a hero despite losing the match.
We'll see you in the Hero Class in Year 2, Shinso and hopefully One for All stops picking on you :catsweat:

Yesss, I exactly agree man. Shinso is my top 3 and the way hes treated is fucked up.

Shinso is a pretty cool character, in the Joint Training Arc during the final match between Class A vs Class B Shinso and his team should have won not Deku and his team.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Yesss, I exactly agree man. Shinso is my top 3 and the way hes treated is fucked up.
I think he will definitely become relevant in the future, once he joins the hero class

Shinso is a pretty cool character, in the Joint Training Arc during the final match between Class A vs Class B Shinso and his team should have won not Deku and his team.
Agree with this, but Deku being the mc just has to win :/

Shinso was one of the only two people that made it to Round 3 of the U.A. Sports Festival who wasn't in the Hero class. He made it past the calvalry battle but too bad some of the people who he helped get into round 3 were salty and decided to drop out. Shinso is literally trying to make the best out of his quirk but people's just gotta paint him like the bad guy. Well, not his problem I guess.

I just wanted to see Shinso used his quirk against Shigaraki for once, after that even you sidelined him for the rest of story, I don't mind.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

They said that for people who didn't make it into the Hero course originally, they have the chance to transfer if they perform well at the Sports Festivals

Shinso did perform pretty well and was one of the only two people that made it to Round 3 of the U.A. Sports Festival who wasn't in the Hero class. He made it past the cavalry battle but too bad some of the people who he helped get into round 3 were salty and decided to drop out. Shinso is literally trying to make the best out of his quirk but people's just gotta paint him like the bad guy. Well, not his problem I guess.

Haha nice one you really love your Shinso

Yeah agree that the entrance exam can be shit, don't know how the bird guys managed to destroyed robots or invisible girl. Shinso quirk is better than more than half of class 1 A and B quirks.

But don't you dare to criticize Speech bubble kun the guy is insane and cool and his head is a BUBBLE !!!

(Seto is cool too)

Dont worry Shinso is already more important than almost all students, Eraser trains him personally and Shinso was a stand out during two fights. I am sure in Japan or online Shinso sells more toys and clothes than bird boy or invisible girl. The guy will def be important later.

#Shinso4top20heroes

But yeah deku awakening of black whip during the last team fight really fucked up the fight

I love Shinso, there is so much potential there and I want to see more of him. I really hope he joins class 1-A!

But don't agree that Aoyama and Sero are useless, they both have good quirks especially Sero, he can move around like Spiderman and catch villians with his tape, not the best quirk but not useless either. Mineta & Ojiro are far more useless jmo.

Last edited:
Shinsu/Shinsou is the elements of the gods. It's an interesting power and far much more dynamic than things like Haki. Bam can already control over 7 bangs at a go and has already learned the black shinsu sphere technique used by irregulars. The future is bright for him.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
I love Shinso, there is so much potential there and I want to see more of him. I really hope he joins class 1-A!

But don't agree that Aoyama and Sero are useless, they both have good quirks especially Sero, he can move around like Spiderman and catch villians with his tape, not the best quirk but not useless either. Mineta & Ojiro are far more useless jmo.
I know that's not how entry exams work but random meme on topic:

Post automatically merged:

Shinsu/Shinsou is the elements of the gods. It's an interesting power and far much more dynamic than things like Haki. Bam can already control over 7 bangs at a go and has already learned the black shinsu sphere technique used by irregulars. The future is bright for him.
Bro, lmao. Sure any type of Shinsu/Shinsou is welcomed in this thread.

Taking in your point, I'll take this as Shinso = god

Last edited:

I think your lost, this thread is for My Hero Academia. But I love Tower of God too, really looking forward to season 2 of the anime.

I know that's not how entry exams work but random meme on topic:

Bro, lmao. Sure any type of Shinsu/Shinsou is welcomed in this thread.

Taking in your point, I'll take this as Shinso = god

That meme is hilarious!