Island Loguetown

Nicknamed "The town of the Beginning of the End", Loguetown is the island closest to Reverse Mountain, and thus the last stop for many pirates heading into the Grand Line. Loguetown is situated just north of the Calm Belt and east by north-east of Reverse Mountain's entrance. Therefore, many East Blue pirates stop there to gather supplies, before entering the Grand Line.

Marines

Ginoza Nobuchika (Captain)
Level 45

45×5=225
Human Bonus: +8 in Strength, Agility, and Vitality | + 12 in Fighting Style.
Strength: 53 + 8 = 61
Agility: 53+8=61
61×2=122
»Reaction Agility: 61
»Movement Agility: 61
Vitality: 33+8=41
41×2=82
»Endurance: 41
»Resilience: 41
Haki: 42
42×2=84
»Armament Haki: 41
»Observation Haki (Awareness): 43
Fighting Style: 44+12=56
56×2=112
»Brawling: 61
»Gunslinging: 51

Masaoka Tomomi
Level 30

30×5=150
Human Race Bonus: +6 in Strength, Agility and Vitality | +9 in Cyborg
Strength: 15+6=21
Agility: 45+6=51
51×2=102
»Movement Agility: 51
»Reaction Agility: 51
Vitality: 45+6=51
51×2=102
»Resilience: 51
»Endurance: 51
Cyborg: 45+9=54
54×4=216
»Destruction: 47
»Armour: 61
»Energy: 61
»Utility: 47

Shimotsuki Mika
Level 30

30×5=150
Human Bonus: +6 in Strength, Agility, and Vitality | +9 in Fighting Style.
Strength: 35+6=41
Agility: 35+6=41
41×2=82
»Reaction: 41
»Movement: 41
Vitality: 35+6=41
41×2=82
»Endurance: 41
»Resilience: 41
Fighting Style: 45+9=54
54×2=108
»Brawling: 54
»Gun: 54

Marines (50)
Level 10

10×5 = 50
Strength: 10+2=12
Agility: 15+2=17
17×2=34
-Reaction: 17
-Movement: 17
Vitality: 10+2=12
12×2=24
-Resilience: 12
-Endurance: 12
Fighting Style: 15+3=18
18×2=36
-Gun: 36

Narrative
Thoughts
Dialogue
Hakucha
Zodd

It was a bright and sunny day in Loguetown. There were a few billowing white clouds throughout the sky, but the blue sky was otherwise showing clearly. The busy streets of the island bustled with life as the island folk made their ways throughout the town, the amount of chatter scattered throughout the city making it nearly impossible to focus on any one conversation. It was a busy day that was so far undisturbed.

Fifty meters above the ocean water, a group of wild Sea Gulls fly towards the island, heading towards a busy market place. There were a few dozen white Sea Gulls in all, cawing happily as they flew gracefully over the ocean.

In the middle of the pack of Sea Gulls, a red Parrot wearing a blue bandana flies among them:

Mounted on the back of the Parrots neck, a six inch tall dwarf rides. She was dressed like a Pirate, with a Black Pirate Captains hat donning the image of a Swan, and a Dwarf's Pirate Cutlass attached to her hip. Her hair blew gently with the breeze as she and her ride flew gracefully throughout the sky. Her name was Hakucha, and she was the captain of her own Pirate crew.

As the pack of birds got closer and closer to the island, the young Dwarf leans back and uses her left hand to shield the sun from her eyes with an excited smile on her face.

"There it is Zodd! That's Loguetown! It's where the last Pirate King was executed...and the last Island we'll hit before we can reach the Grand Line!!"

"Squawk! Skoll is too big!" the Parrot chirps.

Hakucha's smile instantly fades into an annoyed frown. "Yeah...don't remind me. We'll cross that bridge when we get there..."

Her excited smile returns. "But still! This is a huge moment for our Pirate Crew! History will remember today as the day that the future King of the Pirates sets sail towards the Grand Line!!"

The pack of birds flies closer and closer to the island. As they close in, Hakucha grabs her cutlass with her left hand to make sure that it was firmly attached to her belt, and adjusts her hat with her right hand to make sure it was firmly on her head. She leans down after this and pets Zodd's neck.

"Now remember! Ride the wind until Skoll gets here! Then we'll meet at the ship and set sail! I'll have surely recruited some very powerful new crewmates just in time for our trip..There's bound to be some other Pirates here ready to set sail!"

"Squawk! No one wants to join your crew!"

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that! Now stay sharp..We'll meet again soon!"

As the pack of birds finally crosses the port and reaches a point directly above the market, Hakucha jumps off of Zodd. She faces downwards and extends her arms and legs outward to slow her fall. Since she was only a dwarf, falls from only 50 meters would not be enough to hurt her, provided she could find something soft to land on. Her eyes scan the market below as the wind rushes past her and temporarily deafens her. There were a variety of market stands with cloth awnings below, and Hakucha quickly finds a large blue one that would make a nice landing zone. She leans her falling body slightly to the left, which alters her descending trajectory and sends her falling straight towards the blue awning. Just before she reaches the awning, she spins around so that she lands on her back. As she lands, the cloth awning falls downward slightly with her, which braces her fall.

After taking a moment to check to make sure she still had her hat and cutlass, she climbs onto one of the wooden polls that supported the cloth awning and looks around at the bustling market around her. It appeared that no one had noticed her fall, as the relatively humongous citizens below kept going about their daily business as if nothing had happened. Hakucha smiles.

Alright Loguetown...Let's see if I can find a shipwright who can fix our little problem!!

@Owl Ki @Beerbottle

Hakucha Stats:
Level 25
25x5= 125
Racial Bonuses:
+4 Strength
+4 Agility
-2 Intellect
Strength: 9+8=17
Agility: 33+8=41
41x2=82
-Reaction: 41
-Movement: 41
Vitality: 21
21x2=41
-Resilience: 21
-Endurance: 21
Intellect: 41-4=37
37x2=76
-Beast Mastery: 35
-Shipwright: 41
Fighting Style: 21
21x2=42
-Ittoryu: 21
-Gunslinging: 21

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

The wind was blowing in my hair, the sun in my eyes.. The salt from the sea stinging my nostrils. I was a lot closer to the water than I would have liked. The water churned as the boat oars bit the water, the monotony of driving the boat forward almost making me loopy. Stupid rocks.. Finally got a ship.. Shouldn't be goddamn possible. The vessel arriving Loguetown was not a magnificent ship that braved the waters and filled people with awe as they saw it. No.. It was in fact.. A rowboat.. And quite a tiny one at that.

A few months had passed by since I Kyria participated in the civil war on the side of Grondilier, I had grown a lot stronger from the experience.. Though even I don't really know or understand how I managed it. As a memento I now have a giant club that I don't even use. Sadly, I am a swordsman, and that basically where my talents lie and where they end. I had managed to borrow/steal .. Okey I conquered a vessel for myself.. Just try to arrest me would ya?. Alas, even though I've grown greatly in power.. I'm still shit at controlling a ship. Its just not in me. I can never really be a captain or anything at this rate.. Some pirate I turned out to be.

Owing to my larger than normal human anatomy my legs were sticking up over the sides of the boat and dipping into the water. But I smelled something different in the wind, looking around I realised I was starting to close in quite a lot on Loguetown now. I hurredly stopped rowing for a moment. Making sure my oars didn't slip into the water with my left hand, my right grabbed a large sack that I had placed on my lap. Its odor seagulls for a while, but even they had turned away in disgust eventually. It was wet and dripping, but I didn't regret anything as I threw it into the water and watched it sink. In the end, I didn't really need that much all things considered.

I picked up my oars again, and after a while made landfall. I ditched my boat, though I did fasten the troll club on my back so it wouldn't get in the way of my two katanas that are hanging from my hip. My eyes were bloodshot after so many days just rowing. My clothes are a filthy mess thankfully I found this hat while traveling, I'd have lost my eyesight or something if I hadn't.

There's gotta be someone willing to travel with me further.. I can't go it on my own. With such sunny thoughts I sauntered into town.. Dripping blood and guts and smelling like the dead.

@Admiral Lee Hung @Owl Ki

Last edited:
Narrating
Thinking
"Talking"
It hath been a long journey.

This was the main thought that ran through Malcolm's weary mind as he stood at the prow of the merchant ship he had hitched a ride on. The crew of the vessel were beyond delighted when the infamous 'Red Baron' offered his services to protect the ship for naught but a free ride to Loguetown.

Though Malcolm did not usually sell his services as a mercenary so generously, he had been tired from the drab political affair between Grondilier and Brackendia. As such, his tolerance for the act of haggling had left him entirely.

Ridiculous. Twin national nemeses tear into each other for veritable years and then doth sign a peace treaty out of thin air. Cursed paper peddling politicians did not even allow enough time for me to have mine entertainment after only just hiring me. At least they payed well for mine presence if nothing else.

Physically sighing, his form seemingly deflating as he did so, Malcolm continued to stand where he was, getting a clear view of the quickly approaching port of Loguetown. A feeling of muted melancholy settled in Malcolm's heart as he laid his eyes on the town of 'The Beginning of The End'.

For too long I have limited mineself to these Blue Seas. I have been too content to roam wherever mine fortunes coincidentally take me.

As the ship made to dock, Malcolm could not help but reflect on his life.

Ah, to think that 25 years have already passed since the day I departed mine father's mansion. Oh the battles I have fought, the foes I hath slain, the life blood I have shed. The years have been kind and mine fortunes plentiful but....

It is no longer enough.

There are no longer many foes who can withstand mine might, no islands with sufficient danger to threaten mine life, no fortunes to hold mine interest. Not in these Blue Seas.

As the ship lowered the gangplank, Malcolm finally started to move from his prow bound vantage point.

Though that is why I am here, is it not? To start where he started before his great venture into the Grand Line. To start as he started.

Donning a long sleeved, hooded, full body coat that hid his twin scimitars, Malcolm made his way down the plank and into the bustling port town, his long, well groomed, waist length beard being his only notable feature to denizens passing by. With his handcrafted clima-tact at his side (looking to the world as a mere inconspicuous staff), a small smile graced Malcolm's weathered, wrinkled face.

It hath been a long journey....

but it is far from over.

50x5=250

Racial Bonuses (Wano Native);
+2 Vitality
+4 Strength
+3 That can be put anywhere (Agility).

Strength: 41+20=61
Agility: 46+15=61
61x2=122
-Reaction: 61
-Movement: 61
Vitality: 51+10=61
61x2=122
-Resilience: 61
-Endurance: 61
Intellect: 30.5
30.5x2=61
Navigation: 61
Fighting Style: 30.5
30.5x2=61
Ittoryu/Nitoryu: 61
Haki: 51
51x2=102
Armament: 61
Observation: 41

Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue”
Hakucha

In the midst of the river of townsfolk flowing in different directions throughout the streets, Hakucha may as well have been invisible. She was only six inches tall, and growing up as a dwarf had taught her the secrets to remaining invisible in large crowds of regularly sized people. To ordinary folk going about distracted by their every day business, with eyes that were untrained to spot small, fast moving dwarves, there was nothing out of the ordinary. This made picking pockets all the easier, especially for someone with years of practice earning small fortunes.

Darting from person to person, from pocket to pocket, Hakucha was able to snatch some of the heavier Beli purses without much trouble. After tossing about five of them over her left shoulder, she started to make out some angry cries from the crowd:

“Thief! Someone’s stolen my money!!”

“There’s a pickpocket among us!!

“Everyone stop!!”

That didn’t take long!

As the previously orderly crowd devolved into mass chaos, Hakucha darted through the confusion over to a merchant’s table nearby. She jumped first onto the table, and without skipping a beat, launched herself up onto a street awning, and finally up onto the second story of a nearby building.

Carrying five Beli purses on her shoulder, she turns and looks down to the crowd of people that she had just been running through. The group of people were pushing, shoving, and shouting at one another. Hakucha slyly smiles.

Good...they have no idea who’s responsible!

Hakucha tosses the Beli purses onto the roof that she stood atop and watches the Beli spill out. As the coins bounce and roll about in all directions, Hakucha’s confident smile slowly fades into a disappointed frown.

Are you kidding me?? There’s barely any money here!! And I only took the fatter purses too...what is with the people of this island??

Hakucha slaps her forehead with her left hand. “This just won’t do...I can’t possible pay any decent shipwright with only this tiny amount of money...I’ll never be able to get that stubborn Giant over the Red Line...”

Hakucha crosses her arms and walks across the roof to the point that the port is visible.

Think Hakucha...if only he wasn’t so ridiculously large...

Suddenly, a sight down at the port catches Hakucha’s eye.

“Hm?”

With such sunny thoughts I sauntered into town.. Dripping blood and guts and smelling like the dead.
At the sight of what appeared to be a massive Samurai walking down the port, Hakucha’s eyebrows raised and her eyes widened.

W-What?!?! A Samurai!! There’s no mistaking it!! He must be a Swordsman from the land of Wano! Skoll told me about them...the greatest swordsmen in the world...What is someone like him doing in a place like Loguetown??

Hakucha’s train of thought was interrupted by the sight of a de-boarding merchant vessel a few ships away from the Samurai. Amidst a crowd of merchants, a peculiar figure makes his way down the gangplank:

Donning a long sleeved, hooded, full body coat that hid his twin scimitars, Malcolm made his way down the plank and into the bustling port town, his long, well groomed, waist length beard being his only notable feature to denizens passing by. With his handcrafted clima-tact at his side (looking to the world as a mere inconspicuous staff), a small smile graced Malcolm's weathered, wrinkled face.
Hakucha’s head tilts slightly to the left in confusion.

That guy...he’s not dressed like a merchant, but that’s definitely a merchant ship...hired protection, maybe?

A devious smile crosses her face.

This is fantastic...there are already two people here who may want to join up with a great Pirate Captain such as myself! And the merchants...merchants bring money....Maybe I can rob them blind!!

Hakucha’s train of thought was interrupted once again by chatter from below. A group of civilians had huddled together in fear and were pointing at the Samurai from Wano. Hakucha couldn’t make out much of what they were saying, but a few words instantly registered in her mind:

“...Gigantic...”

“...Covered in blood...”

“...Captain Nobuchika...”

Hakucha leans back in shock.

S-Shit!!! This guy is going to get the Marines sent after him!!

She jumps down from the roof onto a cloth awning and trampolines onto the street below. She darts through the moving crowd in the street and onto the dock. She reaches the wandering Samurai, just now taking in his full appearance.

H-He’s covered in blood?!! And he smells awful...He looks exhausted too...What’s the deal with this guy?!

Hakucha reaches the Samurai and jumps up onto his left shoulder, concealing herself immediately in his flowing red hair. She grabs his left ear and tugs on it hard. With an aggressive whisper, she speaks straight into his ear:

“Hey!! Snap out of it!! You need to get out of here and hide, or they’re going to send the Marines after you!!!”

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

Instead of the usual loud thud resounding as I walked, there were wet squelches as I trudged forward. So I'm finally here eh..? The place where Pirate King Gold Roger was executed. It was with a fair bit of reverence that I looked at the town, soaking in the atmosphere that comes from a great man dying in this place, and changing the world. "The great pirate age eh"? I muttered to myself under my breath.

As powerful as I am.. Sleep deprivation, hunger and thirst have made me a little more blind to my surroundings than I would have usually been and scanned the area around me to see if there are any potential enemies that can hurt me. I am in a daze eerily reminiscent of being drunk.

I didn't see or hear the shouts and just sheer panic my presence induced in the people around me right now.

And that was when something landed on my shoulder, grabbed my ear and said..
“Hey!! Snap out of it!! You need to get out of here and hide, or they’re going to send the Marines after you!!!”
That woke me up somewhat. "Wha..."? Even as I cried out in shock, instinct took over and my haki of observation activated and stretched out as far as it could go.. Which wasn't as far as I would have liked... perhaps 50 to 70 meters I'll have to correct that I thought as my head caught up with my instincts. Then I analyzed the tiny figure concealing herself in my hair, not a threat then, she's weak.. Though what does she mean the marines will come after me? Then my ears finally started to pick up what was being said near me.

But why? Whats going o.. Finally coming even more awake I took stock of my own apperance... The wet footprints I had left behind had started out as only normal sea water, but as blood had trickled down as I walked, I had started to leae reddish stains in my wake as well.

Have I started to go insane?.. No.. Not yet.. I don't think. But then there was the problem of the marines possibly arriving.. Problem is.. I kinda want to meet them..

"You know... Little one, I could just kill everyone can't I? Problem solved". The fingers on my right hand stroked the hilt of my sword as old memories flitted through my mind. As they did so.. The lust for battle and malice in me reared its ugly head and my breathing became slow and deep. However.. I dispelled the thought as I felt a pressence just at the very edge of the range of my observation haki. The distance made it far too hazy and confusing.. But even through that, it felt powerful, like someone that could wound me. That could be fun.. But theres something familiar.. "Arrgh.. Forget it".. "Hold on tight.. Little one" I dispelled my haki, I no longer paid any attention to the tiny woman, or what she did. With one step forward I used the power and momentum to leap high into the air towards the side of a building. My hands grabbed at the wall, fingers digging into it as small pebbles and debris skittered down.

I brazed my legs under me and used the wall to push off and soar through the air going quite fast actually. I landed on a roof of a somewhat smaller building. This will have to be enough to slip away. With that I jumped down from the building, hoping I was far enough from the initial place of panic to avoid further trouble. I sat down somewhere in the shadows between buildings as I said.. "You still there woman"?

As Malcolm casually strode off of the gangplank, a commotion caught his attention.
A group of civilians had huddled together in fear and were pointing at the Samurai from Wano.

“...Gigantic...”

“...Covered in blood...”

“...Captain Nobuchika...”
Hmmm?

Following the direction in which the quivering digits of spooked civilians hastily pointed at, Malcolm found himself staring at an imposing individual.

My, my, my. Now that is an impressive specimen.

The individual in question stood at 11 feet tall and wore blood soaked rags that dripped red gore. His facial features were obscured to Malcolm by a combination of distance and a ragged, exotically styled straw hat.

Thou certainly looks the part o' fearsome stranger but doth thou might match thine appearance.

Activating his Observation Haki, Malcolm sought out the presence of the strange warrior. His eyes widened at what he felt, his body tensing itself against the powerful presence.

By mine fine beard! This man doth be the mightiest fellow that mine eyes have ever beheld! If we were to cross blades, well... It would be a most close match.

Then, something unusual occurred...
Hakucha reaches the Samurai and jumps up onto his left shoulder, concealing herself immediately in his flowing red hair. She grabs his left ear and tugs on it hard. With an aggressive whisper, she speaks straight into his ear:

What is that? It doth appear as if there be a smaller presence on that man's head but how could that occur? I see naught out of the ordinary. Have mine senses failed me?.....

Bugger. I better not be going senile...
That woke me up somewhat. "Wha..."? Even as I cried out in shock, instinct took over and my haki of observation activated and stretched out as far as it could go.. Which wasn't as far as I would have liked... perhaps 50 to 70 meters I'll have to correct that I thought as my head caught up with my instincts. Then I analyzed the tiny figure concealing herself in my hair, not a threat then, she's weak.. Though what does she mean the marines will come after me? Then my ears finally started to pick up what was being said near me.
No... He is reacting to something.

Just as Malcolm decided to move in for a closer look, the warrior moved at great speeds away from the crowd.
With one step forward I used the power and momentum to leap high into the air towards the side of a building. My hands grabbed at the wall, fingers digging into it as small pebbles and debris skittered down.

I brazed my legs under me and used the wall to push off and soar through the air going quite fast actually. I landed on a roof of a somewhat smaller building.
Hmm. He be quite fleet of foot. Not too quick that I cannot keep track of him but... It would be a struggle for mine old bones to match his speed.

As the warrior exited the range of his Observation Haki, Malcolm pondered his next move.

Ordinarily I would be thrilled to seek out such a potentially worthy opponent but... I came here for a purpose. I refuse to leave that purpose unfulfilled. I will go to the execution platform.

Lady Fate shall decide if we shall cross blades, o' mighty warrior.

With that last thought in mind, Malcolm steadily made his way through the streets of Loguetown.

Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue”
Hakucha
Skoll

As Hakucha finished speaking into the imposing warrior’s ear, he suddenly seemed like he had snapped back into reality as he shot up and started frantically looking around him. Hakucha’s left eyebrow raised at this.

He really is delirious...he wasn’t even paying attention while he was walking...

"You know... Little one, I could just kill everyone can't I? Problem solved". The fingers on my right hand stroked the hilt of my sword as old memories flitted through my mind.
Hakucha’s heart skipped a beat and a bead of sweat poured down her brow.

Shit...he’s actually crazy!! This isn’t what we need now...we just need to find a Shipwright!! We don’t need some random psycho showing up and causing a huge scene with the Marines...

Hakucha gulped nervously, and then opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted as the man spoke again:

"Arrgh.. Forget it".. "Hold on tight.. Little one"
“What?” Hakucha said reactively, but before she could even understand what was happening, the man launched himself off of the ground towards a nearby building. Hakucha’s fear was instantly replaced by adrenaline as she instinctively clutched onto the man’s flowing hair and was pulled violently ahead. She didn’t really understand what was happening, but her rapid heart rate and pulsating adrenaline caused her forearms to clench as tightly as they could, ensuring that she wouldn’t lose her grip on the man and be sent crashing into who knows what.

What is even happening??? What have I gotten myself into???

But before she could process what was happening, she suddenly found herself in a relatively dark alleyway as her ride collapsed into a sitting position.

I sat down somewhere in the shadows between buildings as I said.. "You still there woman"?
Hakucha was still gripping the man’s hair as tight as possible. Her own hair was now frizzed backwards, and, her torso was rapidly inflating and deflating, and her eyes were still widened with shock. She slows her breathing gradually.

Well...I guess that wasn’t that bad...it’s much worse when Skoll starts jumping around...

Hakucha flattens her frizzed hair and hops onto the man’s left knee. She faces him with her hands placed righteously on her hips.

“Listen to me!” Hakucha says indignantly. She points “You-” She suddenly stops talking and looks down, disgusted. She had just realized that the Man’s robes right where she was standing on his knee were drenched in blood and who knows what else. She felt the blood soak up through her boots and get into her feet.

“Seriously??” Hakucha says running her left hand through her left bang. She glances back up at the man sitting in front of her, and snaps back to attention, pointing at him aggressively as she had been a second ago.

“Listen!! You can’t just go around this island killing Marines!! The Marine officers here are from the Grand Line...they capture dozens of notorious Pirates every year! They are hardened veterans...AND you’re delirious! You’re so tired you don’t even know what’s going on around you!”

Hakucha relaxes, slumps over, and sighs. “I don’t mean to yell. I think we got off on the wrong foot. My name is Hakucha, what is yours?”

The man may have answered her, but Hakucha immediately became distracted by something that caught the corner of her eye. In the alleyway there was a lone barrel a few feet away from her.

That barrel...did I just see...

Suddenly, the barrel starts to vibrate softly, for only an instant. After a moment, the same thing again, the barrel vibrates softly.

Don’t tell me...

The barrel continues to shake for only an instant a few times. The shaking slowly and slowly gets more intense until the barrel is audibly ricketing and sliding softly across the ground with each vibration. Hakucha’s eyes widen in terror. She looks out past the alleyway into the streets and sees Civilians heading away from the center of town in what looked like a panicked frenzy.

No....not right now!! I told you to wait on the ship!!!

Hakucha suddenly jumps back onto the man’s shoulder and grips his hair tightly again.

“Please!! Forget everything I just said!!! I’ll explain everything later, but you’re much faster than I am!! Just please take me to Gold Roger’s Execution Stand!!!”

A Few Minutes Earlier, On The Opposite Side Of The Island

The opposite end of the island was just as ordinary as the port was before the arrival of the Pirates who were causing a small commotion. People went about their everyday business without much of a care, and the city streets were full with moving crowds. Sea gulls cawed over head, and the sun shines brightly upon the island.

Two small boy stand on the edge of the island skipping rocks across the ocean, taking turns to see exactly how many skips each of them could get before their rocks sank. One of the two boys was about to throw his rock, but stops suddenly. He glances out into the ocean intently.

“What’s wrong?” The other boy says.

The first boy points out into the water. “There’s..something under the water out there...something really big..and it’s coming closer..”

The second boy stands confused, but then looks out and seas a large black mass under the waves, about 50 meters away from the edge of the island. “Whoah!!! I see it!! Is that a whale?!”

The first boy drops his rock on the ground and starts backing away slowly. “It’s...it’s not a fish!!!”

Suddenly, before the second boy could respond, the large mass headed up towards the surface of the water. As it broke the surface of the waves, it sent a large amount of water splashing loudly and furiously through the sky. The two boys slowly stepped back in shock as the massive humanoid creature placed his right hand onto his right knee to help lift himself up to his full, 60 meter height.

He was a giant, huge and muscular. His hair and beard were jet black for the most part, but strands of grey hairs were scattered throughout. He was heavily muscular and covered in battle scars, and across his face was a large scar the wrapped around his blinded-white eyes. Atop his head was the jaw of a massive Shark’s corpse, with the entire corpse hanging from his back. His gloves and waistband were adorned with the furs of what looked like exotic animals, trophies from his years of sport-killing. As he reached his full 181 foot height, he rotated both of his shoulders in circles to stretch them out, and drops of seawater dropped slowly down his massive form. His name was Skoll, and underneath his beard was a locket that he carried with him wherever he went.

Ahhh...” his deep raspy voice bellowed. “Finally, Loguetown!”

Level 50
50x5= 250
Racial Bonuses:
+8 Strength
+7 Vitality
-2 Agility
-2 Intellect
Strength: 35+40=75
Agility: 71-10=61
61x2=122
-Reaction: 75
-Movement: 47
Vitality: 40+35=75
75x2=150
-Resilience: 75
-Endurance: 75
Intellect: 11-10=1
Fighting Style: 32
32x2=64
-Path of the Jotun: 64
Haki: 61
61x2=122
Armament: 61
Observation: 61

Without missing a beat, he blasted his observation Haki out as far as he could reach. Out in front of him, he sensed two very small presences, and beyond them, a large ocean of humans who were, for the most part, organized in a grid-like pattern across the edge of the island.

So...those are the streets then..if I follow them, they should lead me straight to the execution stand, right?

Skoll was suddenly struck with an overwhelming sense of fear. His observation Haki had showed him the emotions possessed by all of the residents of Loguetown in his immediate vicinity, who now stood motionless as they stared in awe at the behemoth standing just a few meters from their shore. Skoll smiled as he felt the extent of their fear for himself.

Time to scatter them!

Skoll takes a large, deep inhale that inflates his torso, before bellowing out an extremely loud statement that would shatter nearby windows and shake the ground and buildings close to him.

“GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!”

After a moment of silence, the crowd erupts into fearful screams as the masses of civilians run fearfully and panicked away from the shoreline. What was once a peaceful island-side minutes before, was now complete anarchy as the civilians practically tripped over themselves to get away from the Giant before them. Skoll erupts into laughter as he felt the civilians running away in a mass panic.

“Tai ya ha ha...that never gets old...”

As Skoll was about to take a step forward, he suddenly noticed that the two small presences he had sensed at first had not moved from where they were standing. The two small boys who had been skipping rocks into the water, now stood motionless staring up at Skoll. He couldn’t see their facial expressions, but with his Observation Haki he could sense that they were in a state of complete Awe. Skoll’s smile widens at this.

Take in this moment, children...and may you one day become great warriors that the Allfathers smile upon.

Skoll raises his left leg and steps right over them, onto the island. When his foot hits the ground, the island shakes violently.

Remember where the streets are...and don’t step on anyone..Hakucha would be a wrathful little dwarf if that happened..

With each step Skoll takes, the ground shakes violently beneath him. He takes special care not to step on any of the retreating civilians, as he heads towards the center of the island, one step at a time.

@Owl Ki

Last edited:
"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

As I sat there in the dark shadows, pangs of exhaustion and hunger assailed me. I was starting to feel disoriented again. I really should have tried to bring more food, or rob someone along the way... Even I couldn't have eaten what was in that sack. My surroundings seemed to shift around, I still had the presence of mind to know that was only something I imagined myself. That last spurt of energy I just used to get away didn't help. As I was preoccupied with my thoughts I felt something jump onto my knee, I looked down bleary eyed and with an effort of will focused myself. The tiny woman was standing hands on hips looking like she had something to say.. And I thought to myself hm... I can't really decide whether or not I think she's cute. My completely appropriate thoughts got interrupted however..
She says as she points a tiny mighty finger at me
She then seemed to have gotten distracted about something.. Thinking about it I realised ah.. Her feet got wet.
I frowned exasperated its only blood.. Oh well.. Mostly blood. Nothing that can actually harm her. I don't understand, why would such a thing matter to her. It confounds me as I sit there.
“Listen!! You can’t just go around this island killing Marines!! The Marine officers here are from the Grand Line...they capture dozens of notorious Pirates every year! They are hardened veterans...AND you’re delirious! You’re so tired you don’t even know what’s going on around you!”
Now I'm getting angry, who the hell does she think she is..? Someone weak as herself might have to be afraid.. Not I.. Being a notorious pirate does not need to correlate to their strength.. And if I feel like killing marines, thats the right I'm willing to take by right of blood and guts if I feel like it!... Another wave of exhaustion hits me again as the buildings seemed to sway a little in the wind. I might be somewhat delirious though. She sighs, slumps down and her tone which had annoyed me to no end.. Changed to a softer one
“I don’t mean to yell. I think we got off on the wrong foot. My name is Hakucha, what is yours?”
Cute name.. Maybe she's cute too.. Maybe. I thought I probably should answer her, so I started to do just that, "I don't think I'll give my name yet.. Hakucha.. I can't decide whether or not I enjoy you yet". Alas.. Once again she seemed to have gotten distracted by something again, but her attention wasn't focused on me this time. Following her gaze I beheld a barrel standing a few feet away. Am I getting dizzy again? That barrel moved just now.. But none of the other buildings are swaying back and forth at the moment.

Looking back at the woman, I noticed.. Even in my addled state of mind, how agitated and anxious she was starting to get. Whats going on..? Before I could give voice to my question she jumps onto my shoulder again as she grips my hair and shouts
“Please!! Forget everything I just said!!! I’ll explain everything later, but you’re much faster than I am!! Just please take me to Gold Roger’s Execution Stand!!!”
It was obvious something was going on, so I didn't waste time on words as I shot to my feet. This time however. One of my swords left its scabbard and glinted in my left hand as my knuckles whitened from gripping the hilt. Then I jumped towards one of the walls, and used that to catapult myself higher towards the other wall. Helping myself get higher and higher without using as much strength all at once again. Then I landed on the roof. Looking around, I saw the biggest man I had ever seen walking in a particular direction. "Who the flying fuck is that!?" I shouted.. Without waiting for a reply I leaped from roof to roof towards what I assumed was the direction of Gold Roger's execution stand. The behemoth of a man seemed to be heading that exact direction as well. Even now I feel the exhaustion, but the sudden influx of addrenaline helped me focus all the same as I thought this is gonna be fun.
A manic grin split my face in two.

Malcolm nonchalantly strolled through the narrow, cobbled backstreets of Loguetown, his staff creating a satisfying clacking noise that echoed off of whitewashed stone walls as he walked along at a casual pace.

Ahh, these quaint, secluded backstreets doth possess a certain charm that the main streets be lacking in.

Strolling along, his staff continually clacking, Malcolm found himself approaching a rather cozy looking, old fashioned building. A large, hinged wooden sign hung from a horizontal metal bracket at the top of the stone building.

Emblazoned upon the sign was a painting of a lone white swan, floating atop an endless expanse of calm, blue water. Malcolm looked at the building he was now next to.

The Swan Inn? Tis sure looks like a fine establishment. Well it hath been a long voyage and I am practically a tourist right now. A fine, cool drink in a fittingly cozy setting would be a most reasonable order. Yes, a jolly drink and then a visit to the execution platform. A simple plan indeed.

As he started making his way towards the door however, something caught his eye. On an outdoor bench next to the entrance, laid an upright glass beer mug with some of it's liquid contents still in said mug.

The aforementioned liquid contents rippled in a consistent manner. Every few seconds, the ripple repeated itself.

Hmm. How peculiar.

It was at this point that Malcolm starting feeling vibrations coming from the ground and nearby screams from apparently distressed civilians.

What on earth is going on? It doth sound like veritable pandemonium.

The vibrations got more intense, the beer ceaselessly rippled as if alive and an exceedingly loud, rythmic pounding became ever closer to Malcolm's position. The pounding almost sounded like... Footsteps?

Clearly there is no longer time for a drink. A pity but mine curiosity demands that I seek out the cause of this disturbance... Verily, I could swear that pounding noise is heading towards the centre of town...

The execution platform! I must make haste.

Picking up speed, Malcolm ran towards the noise, towards the execution platform and although he not yet knew it...

Towards his destiny.

Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue”
Hakucha
Skoll

Without skipping a beat, the Samurai unsheathed his sword and started a rapid climb up the side of one of the buildings in the alleyway. Hakucha gripped his hair tightly, this time much more ready for his rapid movements.

I can’t believe this....I told him to wait at the ship!! He can’t just go strolling into whatever town he pleases!! He knows this! He’s going to piss the Marines off!!

As the pair reaches the rooftops, the giant suddenly becomes visible off in the distance. He towered over every building in Loguetown, and in the streets even close to Hakucha, masses of people were heading in the opposite direction of his path.

Damn it Skoll! How are we supposed to avoid the Marines like this?!

As the Samurai she clung onto made his way from rooftop to rooftop, he shouts out:

"Who the flying fuck is that!?" I shouted
Hakucha bit her lip.

How do I even answer that...

After a moment of reflection, Hakucha proudly declares: “Well, Samurai, the long story short is this: I am the Captain of my very own Pirate Crew! Captain Hakucha of the Swan Pirates!! And that man right there...he is my First Mate!”

Her pride suddenly turns into anxiety once more: “...But he wasn’t supposed to come to Loguetown! He was just supposed to wait with the damn ship!!”

Hakucha looks down to make sure she still had her cutlass attached to her waist. She then looks back up towards Skoll.

“I hope it doesn’t come to this but...you may just get the chance to fight Marines, after all...

The Center of Town-Roger’s Execution Stand

“Go!! Quickly!!”

“Run Faster!!”

“Move!! He’s going to step on us!!”

These were some of the cries Skoll was able to make out from the retreating people below as he advanced step by step further into town. When he lost his sight, he started to pay more attention to his other senses, and there was a whole world of sensations that he had never noticed before. The panicked cries of the people below him once again made him laugh.

“Tai ya ha ha...what a powerful motivator fear is!!”

The grid-like pattern of people Skoll was sensing suddenly ended up ahead, where the masses of people all cluttered together in a larger clump. From this clump, they were all scattering in random directions and re-assuming their grid-like pattern.

There...that must be the courtyard where the execution stand lies...

As Skoll made his way past the buildings out into the courtyard, he felt an overwhelming presence towards the center of the courtyard. Not with his observation Haki, but with a different sense altogether.

Ahhh...there’s no mistaking it...that is the execution stand...where the human “Pirate King” was sent off to the next life...

Skoll steps over to the execution stand. He didn’t realize it yet, but the spots where he had stepped on the streets behind him were now surrounded by cracks with giant footprints indented into them.

He takes a moment to stand facing in the direction of the Execution Stand, and then suddenly drops into a sitting position, which sends cracks rippling throughout the entire courtyard and shakes the entire island. He crosses his legs and rests his hands on his knees as his white eyes fix on the Execution Stand, a somber look in his eyes.

I wonder if the Allfathers would’ve accepted a human like you...if there is a place for mankind in Valhalla...

@Owl Ki

Last edited:
"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

Woosh... Crunch!! Jumping from rooftop to rooftop picking up speed with every second, the only sound except for the tremble of the earth upon which the giant walked. Were the sounds of rooftops starting to take massive damage. Sword shining in the sun with a red tint as the blood of my clothes sprayed around me and onto it. Its almost comical, he's not even moving all that fast but his stride is massive. The woman in my hair finally broke the silence
“Well, Samurai, the long story short is this: I am the Captain of my very own Pirate Crew! Captain Hakucha of the Swan Pirates!! And that man right there...he is my First Mate!”
Jackpot! The thought came almost unbidden.. As I hadn't initially planned on throwing myself at the first pirate crew I met in this town without getting to know them better.. My terrible sailing prowess notwithstanding. Though, desperation can make a man say and do rash things. And I was already realising that the opportunity to leisurely vet my prospects. Before I could make a coherent reply however, Hakucha continued.
“...But he wasn’t supposed to come to Loguetown! He was just supposed to wait with the damn ship!!”
This didn't annoy me nearly as much as it seemed to annoy her. I bet he couldn't resist the temptation to bask in the aura of were the pirate king died, makes perfect sense to me. Danger be damned.
“I hope it doesn’t come to this but...you may just get the chance to fight Marines, after all...
My grin widened so much I could feel the corners of my mouth split a little, and blood trickle down my lips. And as the rows of houses ended and we flew through the air down towards the plaza I laughed. "AAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!" It went on and on until we crashed into the ground with bang that rivaled the previous steps of the giant.

I looked ahead.. I would have gazed at the platform itself, also I felt reverence standing in this place. However.. The giant was simply too eyecathing while sitting there. Standing up from my half crouch I could feel time was of the essence so I shouted out: "Its good to want to soak up the atmosphere of this place, but be quick about it! I don't think we're going to be left in peace for long"

I said that as if I wanted to leave peacefully... Nothing could be farther from the truth. I was agitated, blood pumped through my body and the adrenaline tried to push me to act. My sword was in my hand, and I felt strong.. So strong, and I wanted someone to kill.

As Malcolm deftly weaved his way through narrow, winding backstreets and side alleys, Malcolm noticed how the pounding monetarily ceased before an almighty thud seemingly shook the very foundations of the town itself, making him nearly lose his footing on the cobblestones
He takes a moment to stand facing in the direction of the Execution Stand, and then suddenly drops into a sitting position, which sends cracks rippling throughout the entire courtyard and shakes the entire island. He crosses his legs and rests his hands on his knees as his white eyes fix on the Execution Stand, a somber look in his eyes.
By jove, what is that?!

Making his way towards the epicenter of the chaos, Malcolm entered the central plaza of Loguetown and stopped dead in his tracks, for before him was the legendary execution platform where Gold Roger gave his last words, the words that ushered in the Great Pirate Era.

Yes, this was where it all began...

Absorbing the melancholic atmosphere that seemed to radiate from the platform and seep into the surroundings, Malcolm beheld the sight before him in silent reverence.

Twas here, at the end of his own journey, that he spent his last moments to inspire countless others to seek out their own adventure. Truly, a most respectable act and a most fitting end.

So wrapped up in his thoughts was Malcolm, that he never even noticed that he was not alone. It was only when he heard a voice that he was broken from the pensive stupor that had overtaken him.
I looked ahead.. I would have gazed at the platform itself, also I felt reverence standing in this place. However.. The giant was simply too eyecathing while sitting there. Standing up from my half crouch I could feel time was of the essence so I shouted out: "Its good to want to soak up the atmosphere of this place, but be quick about it! I don't think we're going to be left in peace for long"
Hmm? There are others present here? That voice, it doth belong to that stranger from earlier, who is he talking... to..... Mine goodness....

Before the shocked Malcolm, was a Giant of truly awe inspiring proportions. A bipedal behemoth that bulged muscle, scars crisscrossing his mighty frame. To top it all off, the Giant wore a sea monster as a hat/cape hybrid, it's upper jaw attaching itself to the Giant's forehead.

A real life Giant? This is what was causing that pandemonium earlier...

Malcolm activated his Observation Haki, seeking out the presence of the titan before him. He was not disappointed at what he felt.

As expected, this Giant is beyond strong. I have no doubts that if we were to clash then it would likely be mine final fight.

Lady Fate's web hath brought me before a mighty Giant and a strange warrior. Has she merely guided mineself to an early grave or for some unknown purpose?

There is only one way to find out.

Malcolm began to slowly walk towards the two imposing individuals before him, deliberately making his staff crack against the cobblestones for a dramatic echo that reverberated throughout the plaza.

When Malcolm spoke, he spoke clearly, his tone grim and his face contorted into a dour expression.

"My, my, my. A lone elderly gentleman goes on a personal pilgrimage to the birthplace of this era to have a quiet, poignant moment to himself and what doth he find? He doth find a Herculean hooligan and a blood soaked ruffian that doth reek as an abandoned slaughterhouse would.

Panicked civilians scared witless, extensive damage to both private and public property, grave disturbance of the peace. Hmph, this shan't stand, this shan't stand at all..."

As Malcolm reached the end of his speech, he pulled his hood down with his left hand, revealing his wrinkled, leathery face for all present to see. His face now possessed a coy smile, with mirth quickly overtaking his previously serious tone to of voice.

"Why, I feel positively left out."

Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue”
Hakucha
Skoll

"AAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!"
The deranged laugh with which the Samurai crashed into the ground of the plaza sent chills down Hakucha’s spine. As the Samurai stood slowly back to his feet, Hakucha’s mind raced.

This is really bad...it’s hard enough to keep Skoll in check, but this guy...He’s even crazier!! How are am I supposed to keep a low profile when I’m surrounded by these lunatics??!!

Skoll himself was so focused on the execution stand, he hadn’t even noticed the commotion behind him. His focus was interrupted by the Samurai’s words:

"Its good to want to soak up the atmosphere of this place, but be quick about it! I don't think we're going to be left in peace for long"
Hm? Skoll snaps back into reality after hearing the voice behind him. Is there actually a human here who thinks he has enough meddle to speak to me?

He sends a wave of Observation Haki in the direction of the voice. The resulting aura that hits Skoll struck him like lightning. Skoll’s white eyes widen as he turns his head very slightly in the direction of the voice.

What is this ferocious bloodlust? A ravenous killing intent...this one is eager for blood...

After a moment of silence, a slight smile crosses his face.

Not unlike myself during my youth, I suppose.

Skoll addresses the Samurai: “Tai ya ha ha...something tells me that you didn’t come here searching for ‘peace’..why not stay for a while? A moment in time when spent wisely, can last as long as one wishes.”

“SKOLL, YOU ASS HOLE!!” A small voice shrieks from the Samurai’s shoulder.

Skoll’s left eyebrow raised. The Samurai’s aura had been so overwhelming that he hadn’t even noticed his captain’s own aura there as well. Little Dwarf...what are you doing with such a man?

Hakucha jumps down from the Samurai’s shoulder and walks towards Skoll angrily. “I told you!! You should’ve just waited with the ship until I found a shipwright who can help us pass the Red Line!!!”

Skoll smiles calmly and turns his head back towards the execution stand. “And I told you, not even the greatest shipwright in the world could help us get that ship over the Red Line.”

Hakucha stops walking and slams her tiny left dwarf foot on the ground angrily. With her left hand she gestures out towards the destroyed streets that Skoll had just stepped through. “And so you thought you’d come here and smash this island into pieces??!! You’re going to set the Marines against us before we’ve even reached the Grand Line!!”

“Hakucha.” Hakucha’s eyebrows raised. Skoll rarely referred to her by name. “Take a look at what’s in front of me.”

Hakucha looks past Skoll at Gold Roger’s execution stand. Her heart skips a beat and a bead of sweat pours down her face as she eyed the spot where Gold Roger’s life ended.

“Your aim is to be the Pirate King, yes? Do you think you can accomplish that without earning the wrath of the entire world? This was the fate that befell the last Pirate King. If you aren’t prepared to face the same, then you’ll never reach the same heights that Roger did.”

Hakucha eyes the Execution Stand with a somber look on her face. No...not me..I won’t make the same mistakes that he did...I can do this without following in anyone else’s footsteps...right?

The conversation was interrupted by a “clacking” noise that suddenly permeated the entire courtyard:

Malcolm began to slowly walk towards the two imposing individuals before him, deliberately making his staff crack against the cobblestones for a dramatic echo that reverberated throughout the plaza.
Hakucha immediately recognizes the figure entering the plaza. That’s the man I saw arrive with that merchant vessel...what’s he doing here?

The noise of the clacking grabs Skoll’s attention as well, and he sends his Observation Haki towards the source. Skoll’s eyebrows raise once more.

Another mighty aura..that I would find not one, but two warriors as mighty as these both at once...truly the Allfathers have guided me to this place. But this one seems much more at peace than the other...much more worldly. A world-traveler, perhaps?

"My, my, my. A lone elderly gentleman goes on a personal pilgrimage to the birthplace of this era to have a quiet, poignant moment to himself and what doth he find? He doth find a Herculean hooligan and a blood soaked ruffian that doth reek as an abandoned slaughterhouse would.

Panicked civilians scared witless, extensive damage to both private and public property, grave disturbance of the peace. Hmph, this shan't stand, this shan't stand at all..."
Hakucha chuckles. Finally, someone with some sense about him. But what does he mean by ‘this shan’t stand?’ He’s not looking for a fight..is he?

Skoll cracks a small smile. Just as I thought..I can tell from just his demeanor, this one is seasoned..I wonder what stories he has to tell?

As Malcolm reached the end of his speech, he pulled his hood down with his left hand, revealing his wrinkled, leathery face for all present to see. His face now possessed a coy smile, with mirth quickly overtaking his previously serious tone to of voice.
Hakucha’s eyebrows raise upon seeing the man’s true appearance for the first time. He’s elderly...and that beard! Skoll might be jealous of such a beard, if he could see it for himself...

Hakucha leans back with a shocked look on her face. Oh no! He’s crazy too!!!

Skoll leans back and laughs uproariously, his giant voice bellowing into the sky: “Tai ya ha ha ha!!!” He looks straight at the approaching gentleman: Join us friend!”

With his left hand, Skoll reaches into a pocket hidden under the exotic fur decorating his armor. From the fur, he pulls out a drinking horn.

“This horn is full of Mead that has been aging for 70 years. All of you, join me here, and allow me to pour you a drink! Let us drink to the beginning of an era!!”

Last edited:
"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

The giant had turned his head slightly, now cracking a slight smile. I got the distinct feeling I was being seen through. Well.. Two can play that game. Exhaustion barely kept at bay I let my haki senses rush forth so I could get to understand some of this giant's nature and strength. What I felt only made myself happier.. Strength such as even myself would be in grave danger if a fight broke out. His nature seemed... Not peaceful, but experienced, but with a capacity for violence that could shock anyone if necessary. Then I realised something.. He's... He's blind... I wasn't expecting that, not that it mattered. Further examination was cut short as he talked though.
“Tai ya ha ha...something tells me that you didn’t come here searching for ‘peace’..why not stay for a while? A moment in time when spent wisely, can last as long as one wishes.”
I felt a rumble of twisted mirth at his words, indeed, I came for many things, but peace.. Not yet, not by a long shot. I didn't have time to voice this however.. Because Hakucha apparently was way past fed up as she hollered.
“SKOLL, YOU ASS HOLE!!”
I'll just shut up for now.
She jumped off my shoulder and walked angrily towards the giant Skoll.
“I told you!! You should’ve just waited with the ship until I found a shipwright who can help us pass the Red Line!!!”
Not even remotedly possible.
“And I told you, not even the greatest shipwright in the world could help us get that ship over the Red Line.”
Just as I thought. I smirked increduously.
Hakucha stops walking and slams her tiny left dwarf foot on the ground angrily. With her left hand she gestures out towards the destroyed streets that Skoll had just stepped through. “And so you thought you’d come here and smash this island into pieces??!! You’re going to set the Marines against us before we’ve even reached the Grand Line!!”
... How damn naive can she be.. Does the marines usually coexist peacefully with pirates.. Lets get real here.
“Take a look at what’s in front of me.”
As the woman did so.. I followed suit, though I were still far too preoccupied to truly appreciate what I saw.
“Your aim is to be the Pirate King, yes? Do you think you can accomplish that without earning the wrath of the entire world? This was the fate that befell the last Pirate King. If you aren’t prepared to face the same, then you’ll never reach the same heights that Roger did.”
Ah... Yes, he knows, thats why she's got a chance.. She's got him by her side to chip away at her naivety until she's become as powerful as she's meant to be. Now, I highly doubt right here and now that she's going to become the pirate king.
My musings were interuppted again, this is becoming a bad habit. The sound of something hitting the coblestones clanked its way towards us, I turned my head and when the individual entered my range of observation haki.. I thought I had gone loopy.
No.. No way, it ain't possible, its not him.. Its too damn much of a coincidence.. And how the hell... He's as strong as I am.. Or.. Rather, almost.... Then the man began to speak... And all my doubts disappeared like smoke. There was no mistaking that voice.

... I fell to my knees giggling uncontrollably... I almost didn't catch what Skoll said through my now genuine mirth.
“Tai ya ha ha ha!!!” He looks straight at the approaching gentleman: Join us friend!”
The giant then proceeds to pull out a massive drinking horn from within his clothes. Then he started to boast.
“This horn is full of Mead that has been aging for 70 years. All of you, join me here, and allow me to pour you a drink! Let us drink to the beginning of an era!!”
I was still giggling but I said, "Sure.. I'll join ya, my mood is both ruined and uplifted at the same time. But.. Does anyone have some food?"
With a dramatic florish I pulled off my hat letting Malcolm see my face as I stood up, and said to him "Malcolm might be thine name, but do you remember mine"? I had tried to imitate some of his manner of speaking, but I had no talent for it and gave up halfway.

Skoll leans back and laughs uproariously, his giant voice bellowing into the sky: “Tai ya ha ha ha!!!” He looks straight at the approaching gentleman: Join us friend!”
... I fell to my knees giggling uncontrollably... I almost didn't catch what Skoll said through my now genuine mirth.
Malcolm was pleased to see that the individuals before him seemed to have a good sense of humor.

If they had not then mine journey would likely have been cut short.

Coming over to join his two newly made acquaintances, Malcolm sat cross legged on the ground.
With his left hand, Skoll reaches into a pocket hidden under the exotic fur decorating his armor. From the fur, he pulls out a drinking horn.

Malcolm smiled at the display of casual hospitality.

This one is certainly shaping up to be an upstanding fellow. I do wonder how he is going to pour that mead for us though.

Before he could reply to the Giant, the strange warrior from before started to talk.
I was still giggling but I said, "Sure.. I'll join ya, my mood is both ruined and uplifted at the same time. But.. Does anyone have some food?"
With a dramatic florish I pulled off my hat letting Malcolm see my face as I stood up, and said to him "Malcolm might be thine name, but do you remember mine"? I had tried to imitate some of his manner of speaking, but I had no talent for it and gave up halfway.
Surprised and wary at the tone of familiarity that the ragged stranger spoke to him in, Malcolm raked his mind for who this man could be.

Hmmm. This fellow clearly recognises mine appearance. We must have met once before but where? Let me see. Relatively young, scarlet red hair, about 11 foot tall...

A recent memory came to the forefront of Malcolm's mind, of a desolate blood soaked forest, a war between two bitter nations and of a young man, seemingly new to the experiences of war.

Kyria! Lady Fate doth be weaving all her finest threads today for us both to appear here simultaneously.

Betraying none of his inner thoughts, Malcolm pretended to hum in concentration.

"I do declare that thine appearance is unfamiliar to mineself."

Malcolm allowed a beat of silence before jovially exclaiming.

"After all, the last time we met, it was our surroundings that were blood soaked, not thineself mine comrade Kyria!"

Narrative
Thoughts
"Dialogue"
Hakucha
Skoll

Coming over to join his two newly made acquaintances, Malcolm sat cross legged on the ground.
Hakucha crosses her arms and taps her foot on the ground aggressively, but not wanting to be the one to break the trend, she walks on over to where the rest of the group was.

"Sure.. I'll join ya, my mood is both ruined and uplifted at the same time. But.. Does anyone have some food?"
Without skipping a bit, Hakucha quickly reaches into her belt and pulls out a peanut. Deathly serious, she tosses the peanut to the Samurai. "I guess that's why you've been acting like you're about to pass out!"

Hakucha pauses for a moment and grabs her chin with her thumb and her index finger. "....But I guess you'll need more than that to satisfy your hunger. Skoll!"

With his free hand, Skoll reaches back into a pocket under his fur armor. Out from the Armor, Skoll pulls out a massive slice of grilled fish. The slice was over 25 feet long and 6 feet wide. Hakucha goes on: "This is grilled Sea King...It came from a smaller Salmon Sea King that we caught a few weeks ago."

Skoll tosses the 25 foot chunk of meat right in front of the Samurai, and it hits the ground with a loud wet thud. "It seems I couldn't keep it dry when I swam here, but it will fill your stomach all the same."

With a dramatic florish I pulled off my hat letting Malcolm see my face as I stood up, and said to him "Malcolm might be thine name, but do you remember mine"?
Skoll and Hakucha both raise their eyebrows at the realization that the two characters they've come across might know each other. Each of them quietly listen to the two's conversation.

While this happens, Skoll reaches back into his fur pocket and pulls out two giant Sake cups. Both of them had a diameter of 20 feet. Hakucha pulls out an empty cantina of her own.

As they listen to the conversation, Skoll pours mead from his drinking horn into both Sake cups and into Hakucha's cantina.

Malcolm allowed a beat of silence before jovially exclaiming.

"After all, the last time we met, it was our surroundings that were blood soaked, not thineself mine comrade Kyria!"
As Skoll finishes topping off Hakucha's cantina, she thinks to herself.

So...Kyria and Malcolm, then. Hakucha thinks to herself with a thoughtful look on her face.

Ahh..It seems they've spilt blood together. Skoll thinks to himself with a somber look on his face.

Hakucha chimes in. "I suppose we should introduce ourselves as well. My name is Captain Hakucha, of the Swan Pirates! The big guy is Skoll, my First Mate. We plan to take the Grand Line by Storm, and I will become the next Pirate King!"

Hakucha's words bring Skoll back to reality. He pushes both of the full Sake cups to Malcolm and Kyria. "It may be difficult to lift these, but the best drinks are earned!"

Skoll raises his drinking horn. "To the late Pirate King..May we all live such full lives..." Skoll leans back and begins chugging the entirety of the remaining mead.

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

Feeling my hunger I notice the woman Hakucha reach into her belt and tossing something to me... Its a peanut. Then she says
"I guess that's why you've been acting like you're about to pass out!"
... I suppose this would be a grand meal for her.. But what the hell am I even supposed to do or say to this? However, she was one step ahead of my thinking it seemed as she said
"....But I guess you'll need more than that to satisfy your hunger. Skoll!"
The giant didn't even seem to miss a beat, perhaps he's as used to her notions as she seems to be his. Because he reached into a pocket and pulled something out as she said
"This is grilled Sea King...It came from a smaller Salmon Sea King that we caught a few weeks ago."
It got thrown to the ground in front of me with an audible thump. I couldn't believe the irony.. I really couldn't.. But, this wasn't the time to focus on that.. I simply started slicing large chunks with my sword, then I dropped it to the ground, grabbing meat with both hands and started to gorge myself on the fish. It was the best food I had ever tasted. While stuffing my face I heard Skoll say
"It seems I couldn't keep it dry when I swam here, but it will fill your stomach all the same."
... I didn't think he needed an answer to that. My gluttony would make my stance obvious.
Though, I needed to do something important.. So I stopped eating, swallowed my food, took of my hat as I called out to Malcolm
"Malcolm might be thine name, but do you remember mine"?
He seemed puzzled at that, his wheathered face concentrating. Then he seemed to have a different look in his eyes, but what he said was
I was incredulous.. Wait.. Wha..? But after a beat he continued
My face split in a genuine smile like I hadn't used in ages. Sadly, it might not have looked healthy, my lips were stained red with drying blood from earlier.. When the sides of my mouth actually split while I was lost in bloodlust and smiling like a maniac.
I gave a small bow to him in honor of his joke, which had rattled me until he admitted he recognized me.
Hakucha chimes in. "I suppose we should introduce ourselves as well. My name is Captain Hakucha, of the Swan Pirates! The big guy is Skoll, my First Mate. We plan to take the Grand Line by Storm, and I will become the next Pirate King!"
I acknowledged this with another bow towards her. I already knew, she had told me earlier. And her interactions with Skoll had revealed her wish to become pirate king.
Hakucha's words bring Skoll back to reality. He pushes both of the full Sake cups to Malcolm and Kyria. "It may be difficult to lift these, but the best drinks are earned!"
The cups were difficult indeed, but I could manage... With that I mean, I climbed the giant cup and stood at the rim waiting for the giant to continue.
Skoll raises his drinking horn. "To the late Pirate King..May we all live such full lives..." Skoll leans back and begins chugging the entirety of the remaining mead.
"To the late Pirate King!" I echoed... Before I jumped into the cup itself. As I sank under the surface, I inhaled as much as possible. You could actually see the contents in the cup sink lower. I couldn't finish it, so I crawled out of the cup and jumped down to the ground.

Before, hunger, thirst and exhaustion had threatened to make me pass out. I was now safe from that.. Now another reason entierly threatened to make me pass out.

I turned towards Malcolm.. I had something to get off my chest, and with the fire warming my belly, I felt ready to say it.
"Back during that war Malcolm.. You asked me why I fight"? "Wheather it was because I felt I had to or because I wanted to".
"The truth is.. I felt in the beginning.. That I had to".. I paused before I finished "but that changed in a sense.. There is a part of myself that want to.. But I'm also compelled to, if that makes any sense"?

The problem with Kyria, with I.. Was that, there had been something slightly wrong with me since my father had been arrested all those years back. The encounter with the Celestial Dragon, and the knowlege that my father was dead, had increased that wrongness. Had put a scar on my soul that never really got looked after. And with the war in the Bloody Forrest.. Real cracks had started to appear in his psyche.. And now.. With every swing of my sword, every life taken... Slowly, oh so slowly, but surely.. Parts of my humanity were decaying.. And... At that moment, drunk.. I had one brief moment of absolute clarity in which I thought to myself.. How long can I go on..? Before I become a rabid homicidal dog that is a danger everyone.. Including myself?

Then the moment of clarity was gone. It dripped away with the blood that was still coming off me. I looked at the sea king meat. Grabbed another slice with one hand as I scratched my cheek with the other. Then I said "You know.. Its funny" I didn't wait for a response before I continued. "My mode of transportation to this island, was in a rowboat.. Because I crashed my ship earlier".. "I was worried I'd meet sea kings and perish at the beginning of my adventure, do you know how I dealt with that fear"?

I still didn't wait for a response before I said "I killed every single person I came across as I rowed towards this place. I hacked them into pieces and fed sea kings with them so my journey was safe"

Having said that.. I continued to eat.

Last edited: