Controversial Look at this beautiful map!

Look at this beautiful fucking map. You guys notice how the map illustrates and directly correlates with the central conflict of the story and plot? What a breath of fresh air reading a story where the author plans ahead. Like why on earth will a writer want to build up their narrative with sudden clues and foreshadowing that reward the reader for paying attention to the story's fine details, where the author instead can just not provide a map to the reader until some fanservice character finish drawing it offscreen until the end of the manga?

Shout out to Sanji D Goat for recommending me this series!

Last edited:
Look at this beautiful fucking map. You guys notice how the map illustrates and directly correlates with the central conflict of the story and plot? What a breath of fresh air reading a story where the author plans ahead. Like why on earth will a writer want to build up their narrative with sudden clues and foreshadowing that reward the reader for paying attention to the story's fine details, where the author instead can just not provide a map to the reader until some fanservice character finish drawing it offscreen until the end of the manga?

Kingdom read did you good Lee.:myman:Glad I recommend the series to you.

Why do you want a map of the One Piece world? Real question.
I am not going to get into it but I will say this, a map of the One Piece is very important because it will illustrate to the reader that the author actually knows his story and isn't just winging it.
Post automatically merged:

My man really here comparing a throwaway Kingdom map panel, based on an actual historical period (meaning we have exact maps, and it's our world ffs) with a fictional sea world with 1000s of islands:josad:
It being based on an "actual historical period" has absolutely nothing to do with basic writing techniques Mr. I love to slurp on Oda's knob.

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Lol yep my guy SanjiDGoat recommended so I gave it a go and I am really enjoying it thus far.
It's a long ride but a very rewarding one. Especially if you are into "swords and tactics" which I'm a fan of, I was literally enjoying it from the beginning to the moment I caught up. Shin at first seems like a typical MC but he goes thru more development in the first arcs than Luffy did for 1000 chapters. You should really, really enjoy it.

There are so many more important plot points that should have been addressed and still need to be addressed. It's pretty ridiculous that you're so obsessed with the idea of needing a global map of the one piece world when it would create more questions that get left unanswered, not to mention ruin the surprise for all the fans about what island will come next.

In the case of each map we've seen, they already existed in the one piece world and we saw them because the crew saw them. It makes absolutely no sense for oda to show us a map of the world that doesn't exist yet. One of the main themes of the series is an adventure exploring the unknown, oda showing us a map would be counterproductive to the type of story he is trying to write.

Go read the hobbit, I'm sure you'll appreciate the fact that there is a big map at the beginning of the book for reference.

It's a long ride but a very rewarding one. Especially if you are into "swords and tactics" which I'm a fan of, I was literally enjoying it from the beginning to the moment I caught up. Shin at first seems like a typical MC but he goes thru more development in the first arcs than Luffy did for 1000 chapters. You should really, really enjoy it.
Right now I am already on chapter 80 already lmfao and I started reading it about 10 days ago. I may hoepfully catch up within a month or so lmfao.
Post automatically merged:

There are so many more important plot points that should have been addressed and still need to be addressed. It's pretty ridiculous that you're so obsessed with the idea of needing a global map of the one piece world when it would create more questions that get left unanswered, not to mention ruin the surprise for all the fans about what island will come next.

In the case of each map we've seen, they already existed in the one piece world and we saw them because the crew saw them. It makes absolutely no sense for oda to show us a map of the world that doesn't exist yet. One of the main themes of the series is an adventure exploring the unknown, oda showing us a map would be counterproductive to the type of story he is trying to write.

Go read the hobbit, I'm sure you'll appreciate the fact that there is a big map at the beginning of the book for reference.
"Oda can't provide a map because it will make no sense" is exactly my point dude. The fact that you can't see that shows the level of slurping you must be doing.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Right now I am already on chapter 80 already lmfao and I started reading it about 10 days ago. I may hoepfully catch up within a month or so lmfao.
Take your time. I tried to catch up as fast as I could but there is a lot of explanation, especially during battles on how everything works and why it works. If you dive too hard you will burn out.

Look at these beautiful fucking maps. You guys notice how the maps illustrate and directly correlate with the central conflict of the story and plot? What a breath of fresh air reading a story where the author plans ahead. Like why on earth will a writer want to build up their narrative with sudden clues and foreshadowing that reward the reader for paying attention to the story's fine details, where the author instead can just not provide a map to the reader until some fanservice character finish drawing it offscreen until the end of the manga?

Shout out to Sanji D Goat for recommending me this series!

"Oda can't provide a map because it will make no sense" is exactly my point dude. The fact that you can't see that shows the level of slurping you must be doing.
Let me rephrase it so you're able to comprehend what I've said...

There is absolutely no point in oda putting a map of the whole world when doing so would ruin the sense of adventure he is attempting to add to his story. As I said previously (since you missed it) doing so would be counterproductive.

Just because windowlicker33 wants to see more maps doesn't mean it is anyway a good idea that would benefit the story the author has planned. Adding detailed maps that include what comes after the current island is a stupid idea that would lessen the suspense for what comes next which is a big factor when it comes to oda being in the top 10 best selling authors of all time.

If you don't like it go read something else or play on google maps. Nobody cares you're on here bitching and moaning about not getting to see enough maps.

I am not going to get into it but I will say this, a map of the One Piece is very important because it will illustrate to the reader that the author actually knows his story and isn't just winging it.
I don't think a map will add much to the story, the plot or its comprehension. If anything if he draws a map we would know where Laughtel is and who is closer in distance, what is the next island they will go to. Part of One Piece is the adventurous side, it's more about the journey than the destination.
As for Kingdom, the states are waging wars against each other, it is important to see the size of each state, the progression made after the battles, the goal of the MC and his friend are to unify China so it's only logical that we see that materialized by a map.