Current Events Lucius was rewinding time non-stop to get the best possible outcome

Lucius/Julius top 1?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Imo it's quite clear now that Lucius has been rewinding time all along during the Raid to the Spade Kingdom and that's why everyone is seemingly fine.

This graph explains it quite well.

During that period of time a lot of things happened that would make no sense otherwise. Asta stated he'd need 30 minutes to recover from his Devil Union but used it quite soon after that.
Asta appearing at the exact moment to save Nacht.
No one dying.
Etc/

It is all because Lucius kept rewinding the time to get the best possible outcome and the one he desired. It's possible and highly likely that multiple characters had died, including Asta, Yami, Yuno, Mereoleona, etc. But Lucius rewound time and that didn't happen. That's why Adra just sat there and waited. He knew what was up.

And the desired outcome occurred. Lucifero was defeated, everyone was down on the ground, and no one could stop Adra from swooping in and taking Lucifero's heart.

Many have had complaints with this arc, me included, and with Lucifero not living up to the hype, again me included, however, this presents a totally new perspective. It is highly likely that Lucifero had killed everyone, multiple times even, however, Lucius kept rewinding time and screwing him over, until the fight went the way he wanted it, which resulted in him obtaining Lucifero's heart. It's not that this arc had no tension or stuff like that, imo it's that we were played. Tabata clearly couldn't show us the timelines changing cuz then it would be too obvious. I think this was a great move by Tabata. Almost every 'plot convenience' is easily negated now that we know Lucius has been in control of time.

Now why does Lucius want Lucifero's heart and his death?

Well I got a few ideas.

- Astaroth, the devil of time, wants to be the one and only supreme ruler of Hell.

- Astaroth or Lucius was Licita's lover and Asta's father and hates Lucifero for killing Licita.

- Lucius wants Lucifero's power for himself.

If you noticed Adra calls him Lucius not Astaroth. Imo that might point to the fact that Astaroth actually vanished and was killed by Lucius who then consumed his heart or something in the vein and gained time magic. Astaroth is on the same tier as Lucifero, whose manifestation would destroy the world with what we've been told. It's also imo difficult to believe that no one noticed such a presence. So there is a chance that Lucius took Astaroth's power for himself.

Lucius' og magic is most likely some type of brain and/or soul magic. The Zogratis' siblings have magic associated with the body. Dante body magic duh, Zenon bone magic, Vanica blood magic. All that's left for Lucius is brain/soul magic. Perhaps he tricked Astaroth and consumed his power using his magic or made a binding vow and outplayed him.

Too many ideas are flooding into my head lol.

Anyway let me know what you guys think.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I just caught up.

Bro what is happeningโ€ฆthe final Black Clover Arc?? And Julius and Zenon looking alike was not just a coincidence??? And this Lucius guy showing up from nowhere??? What is happening?! Lol
What are your thoughts?

Yeah we're heading for the end now brotha. Yeah my man. I knew something was up with them being similar. I dunno what the deal is exactly. Is it a case like Patry and William, or split personalities completely, or did Julius never even exist. Crazy stuff.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
What are your thoughts?

Yeah we're heading for the end now brotha. Yeah my man. I knew something was up with them being similar. I dunno what the deal is exactly. Is it a case like Patry and William, or split personalities completely, or did Julius never even exist. Crazy stuff.
I think Lucifero was kind of a complete punk tbh lol. Gets all this massive hype, shows up only to look like your typical โ€œhow is this possibleโ€ villain getting dunked on left and right by the underdogs lol. He was only at half power but still.

Hereโ€™s my prediction: Julius grows older to become evil (devil influence?) and Lucius simply returned backwards in time once Astaroth retrieved Luciferoโ€™s heart. In the same way that Julius can revert himself into a child, Lucius can travel to any point in time that he wants.

Like damn tho. Julius/Lucius really is the most powerful motherfucker in this manga, no cap. Nobody else can touch him.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I think Lucifero was kind of a complete punk tbh lol. Gets all this massive hype, shows up only to look like your typical โ€œhow is this possibleโ€ villain getting dunked on left and right by the underdogs lol. He was only at half power but still.
Yeah that was my issue too, but that's why I made this thread.
Check this
It is all because Lucius kept rewinding the time to get the best possible outcome and the one he desired. It's possible and highly likely that multiple characters had died, including Asta, Yami, Yuno, Mereoleona, etc. But Lucius rewound time and that didn't happen. That's why Adra just sat there and waited. He knew what was up.

And the desired outcome occurred. Lucifero was defeated, everyone was down on the ground, and no one could stop Adra from swooping in and taking Lucifero's heart.

Many have had complaints with this arc, me included, and with Lucifero not living up to the hype, again me included, however, this presents a totally new perspective. It is highly likely that Lucifero had killed everyone, multiple times even, however, Lucius kept rewinding time and screwing him over, until the fight went the way he wanted it, which resulted in him obtaining Lucifero's heart. It's not that this arc had no tension or stuff like that, imo it's that we were played. Tabata clearly couldn't show us the timelines changing cuz then it would be too obvious. I think this was a great move by Tabata. Almost every 'plot convenience' is easily negated now that we know Lucius has been in control of time.

Like damn tho. Julius/Lucius really is the most powerful motherfucker in this manga, no cap. Nobody else can touch him.
The GOAT.

Black clover has officially reached next fucking level boys :steef:
Damn straight.

always knew Julius was the baddest mother fucker out there
Top 1.

Gotta admit the constant time fuckery is absolutely insane and definitely makes a lot of my niggles with the series seem a lot smaller
Agree.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
This has been done very well imo. It's not an asspull. It's been foreshadowed since forever lol.

Chapter 36 is named Light. Look who is on the cover, sitting like a King and smirking there like a true GOAT. Yeah you guessed it, it's Julius/Lucius.
You know what the meaning of Lucius, the name, is?

It's no mere coincidence that the two arcane stage mages that wield Dark Magic and World Tree Magic needed for the tree of Qliphoth just somehow arrive in Clover Kingdom, and it's Lucius they form bonds with. Imo Lucius might have even manipulated some stuff to get Yami to wash up to Clover Kingdom

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I wish but it's just an shounen where inconsistents rules
It's not that. The clock is clearly showing us the time and how it went back and it was rewound. This is further emphasized with the title of the newest chapter 'And Time Starts to Move'. This is when it starts ticking again.
It's not an inconsistency. The clock has been shown multiple times and we now have an idea of what happened.

It's not that. The clock is clearly showing us the time and how it went back and it was rewound. This is further emphasized with the title of the newest chapter 'And Time Starts to Move'. This is when it starts ticking again.
It's not an inconsistency. The clock has been shown multiple times and we now have an idea of what happened.
That would be fantastic you know it shows us signs of omnipresent which would be cool

Also it seems like Lucius timed how to defeat Lucifero

He could somehow effect the environment and trapped Lucifero so that he could bring the heart to the surface and let most of his power in hell and let
Asta kill him

It's not a coincidence that the men close to Lucius were responsible for the downfall of his greatest rival Lucifero

Lucius prob wanted to get rid of Lucifero and thought that was the only way

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
That would be fantastic you know it shows us signs of omnipresent which would be cool
Agree.

Also it seems like Lucius timed how to defeat Lucifero

He could somehow effect the environment and trapped Lucifero so that he could bring the heart to the surface and let most of his power in hell and let
Asta kill him

It's not a coincidence that the men close to Lucius were responsible for the downfall of his greatest rival Lucifero

Lucius prob wanted to get rid of Lucifero and thought that was the only way
Yeah my man, I talked about it in the thread.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
2 years of wanking Julius' character to the core, so many theories about this or something else, and finally when I was almost ready to completely dump this series Julius ( Lucius I mean ) came in clutch.

This is genuinely one of the best-written shits Tabata ever did and not only on the Black Clover scale. Holy shit...
He hooked you back in lmao. We got played.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
One thing I'm wondering about is how many people have it wrong lol.

It's not evil Julius.

Lucius Zogratis is someone else. Like with Patry and William sharing one body and we have no info about Astaroth yet. Lucius should be a vessel for Astaroth atm.

Remember how we theorized about other top ranking Devils not being okay with Lucifero hailing himself as the one?
There are a few ideas I've had.

It's the Patri William situation.

Julius is evil. He was always evil. But he became good once he reverted to his child form, since he was probably a good guy back then. Due to his lower magic in that situation the evil Lucius persona disappeared for a while. SO there was no Julius but only Lucius.

Julius was possessed but got rid of it after he 'died' against Patry and it took a while for Lucius to get back.

Yeah I remember.

About Astaroth, I talked about it here.
- Astaroth, the devil of time, wants to be the one and only supreme ruler of Hell.

- Astaroth or Lucius was Licita's lover and Asta's father and hates Lucifero for killing Licita.

- Lucius wants Lucifero's power for himself.

If you noticed Adra calls him Lucius not Astaroth. Imo that might point to the fact that Astaroth actually vanished and was killed by Lucius who then consumed his heart or something in the vein and gained time magic. Astaroth is on the same tier as Lucifero, whose manifestation would destroy the world with what we've been told. It's also imo difficult to believe that no one noticed such a presence. So there is a chance that Lucius took Astaroth's power for himself.

Lucius' og magic is most likely some type of brain and/or soul magic. The Zogratis' siblings have magic associated with the body. Dante body magic duh, Zenon bone magic, Vanica blood magic. All that's left for Lucius is brain/soul magic. Perhaps he tricked Astaroth and consumed his power using his magic or made a binding vow and outplayed him.