Speculations Luffy and Zoro vs Kaido?

Do you think this is a possible route Oda could take? Imo it is possible and there are more than some hints (even if I still think Z vs King is more plausible) like Luffy, who of course is gonna fight Kaido, is training for it but at the same time Zoro is the only one among the strong ones who is getting a training program and also a direct link to Kaido in getting the sword that wound him and it could very well happen that we will arrive at a point where only L and Z have the ability to wound him. In other words it seems Kidd didn't do a scratch to him just like L in round 1 and about Law we are not even sure he can beat Doffy solo at this point let alone injure Kaido when G4 failed, anyway none of these 2 is shown to be trying to develop something that can actually go past his defense unlime L and Z.

Also if this happens imo it is not the final fight as Luffy needs to do this alone (or beat another yonko alone) while Zoro would be better in a full fight vs King, so maybe a 2nd round where both L and Z get overpowered by Kaido? Maybe Z will not be able to wound him like Oden did and so have a new goal to reach before the arc ends (and accomplish it somewhat by beating King) What do you think?

And at this point, considering the hype this sword get, the bare minim for Zoro is King, Kyoshi will at best be an appetizer, for sure not something worthy of being the final test in Wano for a Zoro with Enma (unless he is revealed to be some really big shot who can be compared to King but I doubt that).

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
It is funny that everyone wants a piece of Kaido and ignores another monster like Big Mom who is right there as well. :milaugh:
I want to see Zoro and allies vs Kaido, Luffy and allies vs Big Mom.
However, they are all gonna get spanked by those two. :noo:

Last edited:

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
I think it's fair to say that Zoro vs Kaido- in his dragon form- is something that is reasonable to expect at this point. The Zoro/Ryuma/Oden stuff is very heavily in favour of that.

Whether or not that comes in the main, Luffy-being-the-prime-figure-in-defeating-Kaido fight is still up in the air.

I think it'll be kind of like Skypiea, where Zoro cut the beanstalk. But on a much grander scale. Or like Law landing Gamma Knife on Doffy. Zoro'll beat King, he'll be absolutely fucked, but he'll still end up landing a decently serious hit on Dragon Kaido that'll save a lot of Wano natives, then Luffy vs Kaido will start in earnest.

Do you think this is a possible route Oda could take? Imo it is possible and there are more than some hints (even if I still think Z vs King is more plausible) like Luffy, who of course is gonna fight Kaido, is training for it but at the same time Zoro is the only one among the strong ones who is getting a training program and also a direct link to Kaido in getting the sword that wound him and it could very well happen that we will arrive at a point where only L and Z have the ability to wound him. In other words it seems Kidd didn't do a scratch to him just like L in round 1 and about Law we are not even sure he can beat Doffy solo at this point let alone injure Kaido when G4 failed, anyway none of these 2 is shown to be trying to develop something that can actually go past his defense unlime L and Z.

Also if this happens imo it is not the final fight as Luffy needs to do this alone (or beat another yonko alone) while Zoro would be better in a full fight vs King, so maybe a 2nd round where both L and Z get overpowered by Kaido? Maybe Z will not be able to wound him like Oden did and so have a new goal to reach before the arc ends (and accomplish it somewhat by beating King) What do you think?

And at this point, considering the hype this sword get, the bare minim for Zoro is King, Kyoshi will at best be an appetizer, for sure not something worthy of being the final test in Wano for a Zoro with Enma (unless he is revealed to be some really big shot who can be compared to King but I doubt that).
I think it's fair to say that Zoro vs Kaido- in his dragon form- is something that is reasonable to expect at this point. The Zoro/Ryuma/Oden stuff is very heavily in favour of that.

Whether or not that comes in the main, Luffy-being-the-prime-figure-in-defeating-Kaido fight is still up in the air.

I think it'll be kind of like Skypiea, where Zoro cut the beanstalk. But on a much grander scale. Or like Law landing Gamma Knife on Doffy. Zoro'll beat King, he'll be absolutely fucked, but he'll still end up landing a decently serious hit on Dragon Kaido that'll save a lot of Wano natives, then Luffy vs Kaido will start in earnest.
It is funny that everyone wants a piece of Kaido and ignores another monster like Big Mom who is right there as well. :milaugh:
I want to see Zoro and allies vs Kaido, Luffy and allies vs Big Mom.
However, they are all gonna get spanked by those two. :noo:
Greg to this question:
I dont mind Zoro helping but some people are saying that Zoro will be the one to beat Kaido and I dont really want that.
Greg: Won't happen

Second question: what do think zoro role against kadio ?! Same as sanji with wedding cake ?!
Greg: Interesting question. Could be in order to help Momonosuke get his cut in. Luffy can't puncture his scales but he can beat his ass from the inside now. Zoro can slice a spot open and Momo can Smaug his ass.

I thought momo was supposed to cut orochi

Greg:
Never fear, he will. But if Zoro needs to do something against Kaido, and Luffy can attack him from the outside, it'd be poetic if both were used to take him out. One to open a hole and the other to deliver the sunacchi!

So Greg is saying that Momo will be the MVP by taking down Kaido and Orochi...isnt that to much?

Do you think that Greg has all information to get to that conclusion? How reliable are Greg prediction?

Greg to this question:
I dont mind Zoro helping but some people are saying that Zoro will be the one to beat Kaido and I dont really want that.

Second question: what do think zoro role against kadio ?! Same as sanji with wedding cake ?!
Greg: Interesting question. Could be in order to help Momonosuke get his cut in. Luffy can't puncture his scales but he can beat his ass from the inside now. Zoro can slice a spot open and Momo can Smaug his ass.

Greg:
Never fear, he will. But if Zoro needs to do something against Kaido, and Luffy can attack him from the outside, it'd be poetic if both were used to take him out. One to open a hole and the other to deliver the sunacchi!

So Greg is saying that Momo will be the MVP by taking down Kaido and Orochi...isnt that to much?

Do you think that Greg has all information to get to that conclusion? How reliable are Greg prediction?
Idk how Momo would even be able to do anything against Kaido..

Well it seems like to him that Zoro will land a big blow..so i guess that Zoro will heavily involved in this fight
In any case it looks like that Momo is going to take even the spotscine from Luffy. I mean if Greg is right, he will take down Kaido and Orochi.

I am fine that Zoro' ll help against Kaido but then how will the people remember is legacy without something truly epic?
If he will be the last one with Momo cutting down Kaido, I am all in but if that doesn't happen then how can Zoro surpass or equalize Ryuma legacy? He has to turn of course Enma into a black blade but is that enough?

In any case it looks like that Momo is going to take even the spotscine from Luffy. I mean if Greg is right, he will take down Kaido and Orochi.

I am fine that Zoro' ll help against Kaido but then how will the people remember is legacy without something truly epic?
If he will be the last one with Momo cutting down Kaido, I am all in but if that doesn't happen then how can Zoro surpass or equalize Ryuma legacy? He has to turn of course Enma into a black blade but is that enough?
Well i agree with you but maybe badly injuring badly kaido will make him look like a hero to them ? Especially if Luffy and momo beats him after that blow ? Idk
Also Apparently Greg is usually right with this kind of predictions

Greg to this question:

Greg:

Who is Greg?

Greg to this question:

Greg:

If he is part of the OP team he might have insider knowledge.

So I will take his word of the events.
So Momo will get to land the final blow.
Zoro and Luffy will get to land 2 big "fatal" blows on Kaido.
So it looks like Zoro will play a bigger role in the fight than most people thought.

I dont might this at all. More Zoro is better for me.
Now it make sense. The only 3 people who were training in chapter 955 were Zoro, Luffy and Momo. Looks like Oda was training the guys who will eventually take down Kaido.

Momo will defeat the evil flying dragon and eventually he will became the flying dragon that protects wano. That is poetic.

Zoro will cut the flying dragon and become the second Ryuma thus fulfilling Ryuma's legacy and Oden's inherited will. Both Zoro and Momo inherited his will so it is fitting for both to help defeat Kaido.

Luffy is the mc so it is obvious he will take part in the fight.

And then Luffy beats Big Mom after beating Kaido?

Greg to this question:

Greg:

It's speculative at this point, nothing else.

He already had a different outcome for whole cake island where Big Mom is down, cause he felt the payoff from WCI is weak.

As for Zoro, I honestly do think that the two main fights will be:

1- Kaido vs Luffy and Zoro
2- Big Mom vs Kidd and Law

I think that'll be Oda's way to give Kidd the same importance and shine as Luffy, cause if Luffy and Kidd teamed up on one opponent, that will be THE END for Kid's rivalry with Luffy, since we all know the one finishing the job will be Luffy. and you would be ignorant if you thought it will be otherwise.

Luffy will always be the one delivering finishing blow against main arc opponent.

Also, So separating Luffy and Kidd is better by giving both an equal amount of feats by beating equal opponents (Kaido/Big Mom)

I do not want more than two characters as a team. More than two would be bad for me. Not because I underestimate Kaido or overvalue Luffy. But because I already witnessed team fights in One Piece and I never enjoyed it when it was more than 2 as tag team.

Against Oars (meh)
Against first Pacifista (meh)

Tag team from two is as much as I'm willing to go. Nore than that, there will be LOTS of jokes between the individual participating, lots of running and compensating one lack of power by someone else interference, like hell even Cracker or Doffy or Katakuri when Luffy needed 10 min break from gear 4th would feel more threatening than with Kaido where other characters would step in allowing Luffy to recover easily, where the hell is the threatening factor?

I do not mind a big team from 5 or 10 if Kaido ends up wiping the floor with all like how Enel wiped the floor with Wiper,Zoro,Robin and Ganfall

But being defeated by a gang, not only does it have poor taste as a fight since I never enjoyed it, but also it does have a poor taste on the idea that the "good guys ganged up like wolves on the bad guy"

It just doesn't feel like a good payoff (for me at least)

It's speculative at this point, nothing else.

He already had a different outcome for whole cake island where Big Mom is down, cause he felt the payoff from WCI is weak.

As for Zoro, I honestly do think that the two main fights will be:

1- Kaido vs Luffy and Zoro
2- Big Mom vs Kidd and Law

I think that'll be Oda's way to give Kidd the same importance and shine as Luffy, cause if Luffy and Kidd teamed up on one opponent, that will be THE END for Kid's rivalry with Luffy, since we all know the one finishing the job will be Luffy. and you would be ignorant if you thought it will be otherwise.

Luffy will always be the one delivering finishing blow against main arc opponent.

Also, So separating Luffy and Kidd is better by giving both an equal amount of feats by beating equal opponents (Kaido/Big Mom)

I do not want more than two characters as a team. More than two would be bad for me. Not because I underestimate Kaido or overvalue Luffy. But because I already witnessed team fights in One Piece and I never enjoyed it when it was more than 2 as tag team.

Against Oars (meh)
Against first Pacifista (meh)

Tag team from two is as much as I'm willing to go. Nore than that, there will be LOTS of jokes between the individual participating, lots of running and compensating one lack of power by someone else interference, like hell even Cracker or Doffy or Katakuri when Luffy needed 10 min break from gear 4th would feel more threatening than with Kaido where other characters would step in allowing Luffy to recover easily, where the hell is the threatening factor?

I do not mind a big team from 5 or 10 if Kaido ends up wiping the floor with all like how Enel wiped the floor with Wiper,Zoro,Robin and Ganfall

But being defeated by a gang, not only does it have poor taste as a fight since I never enjoyed it, but also it does have a poor taste on the idea that the "good guys ganged up like wolves on the bad guy"

It just doesn't feel like a good payoff (for me at least)
Not everything he said is true but he was right about Sanji baking a cake and he's of often right when it comes to this kind of things so who knows