Chapter Discussion Luffy left Franky, Nami and Brook alone against Big Mom

Beginning of chapter.
To go fight Kaido who is already vastly outnumbered and busy despite BM being directly compared to Kaido again previous chapter.
Thoughts on this? While Luffy trusts his crew he usually wants to fight people who he thinks are going to harm his crewmates if he doesn't, Lucci, Katakuri...
Inconsistent writing due to Oda absolutely wanting to avoid Luffy fighting BM for some reason or he actually believes they can handle he? Anyway being seen as a side threat compared to her supposed equal really isn't a good portrayal for Mama.

Last edited:
Luffy wants to go up to kaido, so I think at first all SH will help Luffy to reach the roof. The main obstacle is king and queen, maybe that's when zoro and sanji would be occupied with king and queen. Numbers maybe will be SH's opponents and probably big mom will come back and attack SH but jinbei would stall her for a while. When jinbei almost lose then Marco come to rescue. So I think for several chapters ahead, Marco would hold big mom but I don't think he would defeat her. Idk about BMP, so far they haven't seen

She is on the way rolling out of OPverse now. :doffytroll:

For real though, I think SH will be focus on the thing right in front of them (Kaido, etc) next chapter and BM would be offscreened for a while until the next meme is prepared.

There's nothing inconsistent about it, and your first bit of a problem is pointing to Lucci from almost 600 chapters ago to compare Luffy's response. Katakuri is more recent, but that's even more difficult to compare because there's nothing similar here to what happened at that coast.

There's nothing inconsistent about it, and your first bit of a problem is pointing to Lucci from almost 600 chapters ago to compare Luffy's response. Katakuri is more recent, but that's even more difficult to compare because there's nothing similar here to what happened at that coast.
How it being from 600 chapters ago change anything? You think Luffy would suddenly be okay letting his crew with someone he thinks is too much for them? Wouldn't he be even more wary after Ace's death? Didn't he told Hody he'll protect everyone? Katakuri was very recent.
So this goes back to my post : He believes they can handle her. Fine with me. They trained after all :kayneshrug:

Last edited:
And it turns out he's right... yes? BM or the calamities will NOT kill his crew if he goes to fight Kaido. They all had reflections and learnings about themselves and the crew dynamics over "two years." Just as Usopp realized that Luffy can't carry them, he would have to have learned that they are ready to carry themselves. That's how trust works and grows between people who care about each other. I don't know why you think he should literally be at the same point 600 chapters later. Ace's death didn't teach him to dwell or be fearful of loss, or that his confidence was misplaced, it taught to to better value what he does have

And again using Katakuri to contrast doesn't make sense. But if you can understand all this then I'm not sure the point of the OP

And it turns out he's right... yes? BM or the calamities will NOT kill his crew if he goes to fight Kaido. They all had reflections and learnings about themselves and the crew dynamics over "two years." Just as Usopp realized that Luffy can't carry them, he would have to have learned that they are ready to carry themselves. That's how trust works and grows between people who care about each other. I don't know why you think he should literally be at the same point 600 chapters later. Ace's death didn't teach him to dwell or be fearful of loss, or that his confidence was misplaced, it taught to to better value what he does have

And again using Katakuri to contrast doesn't make sense. But if you can understand all this then I'm not sure the point of the OP
So he does believe Mama isn't dangerous. Thank you. Reason behind doesn't really matter to me. Would he be so casual about it if this was Akainu instead?

And my point is simple : Mama isn't threatening all. Weirdly Luffy didn't seem that confident in his crew when Kaido fired his breath, Mmmmh.

Last edited:
So he does believe Mama isn't dangerous. Thank you. Reason behind doesn't really matter to me. Would he be so casual about it if this was Akainu instead?

And my point is simple : Mama isn't threatening all. Weirdly Luffy didn't seem that confident in his crew when Kaido fired his breath, Mmmmh.
You say thank you as if that's what I said. I'm saying she is dangerous but that he can count on his crew, his full crew btw since they all did arrive at Onigashima and the moment was capped by two appearing out of nowhere, to handle themselves while he goes to get his own target. Obviously, every single person present, enemy or ally from fodder admission to Jinbe's own statement, knows that the right idea isn't to dig in and actually fight Big Mom, so it's not about whether or not they can beat her. Luffy declared that he plans on fighting her after Kaido so he did not set the expectation that someone else needs to beat her.

Again, you use a stray example that falls apart. Akainu? His grudge is more personal against Akainu than Big Mom or even Kaido, so why would he treat one enemy as if they were a different enemy.

Boro breath? You're comparing Kaido LANDING a shot on them unaware to them circling and distracting Big Mom. How does that make any sense? How do you not realize that it's actually more equivalent to Luffy last chapter showing concern for Sanji taking a direct hit, even against an opponent presumably weaker than Big Mom?

Luffy trusts his crew... Plain and simple...

Remember Dressrosa? When Viola was worried with the Tontattas? Luffy just brushed off Viola's worries because he knows that Usopp is with them...

Yes Luffy trusts them, Its really that simple
He knows Franky, brook, Robin and Jinbe are strong enough to protect the weak members
And Luffy's priority is just Kaido in this war

Yes he would, because oda would make it so akainu would be moved away/ stalled the same way, if you think for a second he would let any straw hat be harmed you’re delusional. Sure he won’t be “rolled” around because of oda’s sexist tendencies but he would be stalled or moved away.
Post automatically merged:

He didn’t seem confident because oda wanted tension and also he had the plan of their escape in mind.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
He did well leaving them all alone

He will only do his job once the PIS on Meme is over :P

Or else that would have been outright spite lol