Powers & Abilities Luffy's Awakening

Awakening will be a HUGE power increase.

Gaining complete control over his body and removing the limits to his powers.

Doflamingo went from being overpowered by Gear 4 to fighting almost on par(Dressrosa Gear 4 high Diffs Doflamingo) with it.

Think of Luffy stacking Gears 2 on top of Gear 3 like Gaint Jet Shell.

Gear 3 not needing Luffy to blow his Arm wasting more time.

Using Gear 4 without Haki by manipulating the density and flexibility of his body.

Then adding haki on top of that like he does to attacks base form and lower Gears.

All his abilities become less taxing and instant, and integrated with his base form, like Gear 2 does currently.

That is a HUGE power up.

Not to mention his Haki strength will grow stronger.

my thoughts about this from another thread ;

Monkey D. Luffy

• Awakening : My idea of Luffy's awakening is mastering his DF and being able to fully control his body.
example : Doing something similar to what Katakuri does with Block Mochi, my understanding is that Katakuri first hardens his mochi arm (without haki) and then apply Armament Hardening to make it even harder and stronger than just coating his arm in Armament, that in addition to Luffy's enhanced physical strength due to Udon training would make his punches in base stronger.

example : Activating and deactivating G2 quicker/instantly without starting it with his arm or leg.

example : G3 much quicker by increasing the size of his arm without blowing air into it. [1], this would give huge advantages in clashes [2], [3].

example : Awakening could also help in him changing between G4 forms without without deflating, also more G2 + G3 combinations, or even G4 + G2, or G4 + G3.

Of course as he gets better with Haki his G4 timelimit will keep rising.

my thoughts about this from another thread ;

Monkey D. Luffy

• Awakening : My idea of Luffy's awakening is mastering his DF and being able to fully control his body.
example : Doing something similar to what Katakuri does with Block Mochi, my understanding is that Katakuri first hardens his mochi arm (without haki) and then apply Armament Hardening to make it even harder and stronger than just coating his arm in Armament, that in addition to Luffy's enhanced physical strength due to Udon training would make his punches in base stronger.

example : Activating and deactivating G2 quicker/instantly without starting it with his arm or leg.

example : G3 much quicker by increasing the size of his arm without blowing air into it. [1], this would give huge advantages in clashes [2], [3].

example : Awakening could also help in him changing between G4 forms without without deflating, also more G2 + G3 combinations, or even G4 + G2, or G4 + G3.

Of course as he gets better with Haki his G4 timelimit will keep rising.
Luffy will use Gear 4 without Haki. He will create rubber internally as well as change the desnity of his rubber whether he likes his rubber hard or soft like latex.

Right now, Luffy uses Gear 4 to manipulate the shape of body. With complete control of his body, he does not need haki to keep the shape of his body.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
It's obvious how awakening will result in a massive power up but we cannot predict what it will feature exactly. Too many scenarios are feasible. It could even be an implementation of his own G4 for all we know.

think about what Oda is likely to do?
change the environment into a bouncy ridiculousness or just buff his stats, because that's what this hardening,softining,complete control....etc is about. just boring stats upgrade.

I think his stats are gonna be boosted. Maybe his base becomes equivalent to G2 and so on. G3 will be like current G4.

Because turning the environment into rubber sounds weird to me.

weird is precisely what Oda would do.
Luffy is not getting a shortcut to better stats. he is just gonna have to progress step by step, like every one else.

weird is precisely what Oda would do.
Luffy is not getting a shortcut to better stats. he is just gonna have to progress step by step, like every one else.
These are not better stats, these are mastery of his devil fruit powers. He has all the power he needs to be above Yonko right now.

It will probably be very original too since he has always gotten an original fighting style
yeah, I think luffys awakening will effect the surrounding area then he control it , Just think what luffy could do with the abilty contol the surrounding area like because its luffy i think he will make gaint animals (he made from the ground) to fight with him or makes gaint earth wave that he rides/runs on into battle.

There just much more intresting things you can with awakening than just his able to use his gears better.

Awakening alternatives for fun:

- Compressing the air in front of each fist, making each Gomu2 no Pistol release a close-quarter compression bomb as strong as Ursus Shock. The stronger the punch, the close-quarter Ursus Shock multiplies in strength. Luffy also can choose how his Gomu2 Ursus gonna be, whether it's AoE ( pure Ursus Shock version for AoE damage) or focused (that kind of damaged being concentrated at one point or one enemy no unnecessary collateral/AoE damage, but hyper lethal to the one target)

- Freedom in bodily compression stacking, making Luffy's ultimate attack to be a fist of literally infinite density. The only thing in the world that isn't affected by BB's Blackhole.

- compressing himself small enough to slip between space. Short-range (combat range) or mid-range (inside island) teleportation.

(taken from the upcoming chapters of my fanfic)

yeah, I think luffys awakening will effect the surrounding area then he control it , Just think what luffy could do with the abilty contol the surrounding area like because its luffy i think he will make gaint animals (he made from the ground) to fight with him or makes gaint earth wave that he rides/runs on into battle.

There just much more intresting things you can with awakening than just his able to use his gears better.
I hope it will also be based on Luffy’s CoC in some way