Versus Battle Madara or Kaido.Who is the better Villain

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Madara was much better. Kaido is just a mess.

think kaido will be the best villain in one piece once this arc ends
:choppawhat:

Kaido has as much of a chance of being the best villain in OP as I have lmao.

He'll never reach the heights of Doffy and Sir Crocodile

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
โ€Ž
Kaido has as much of a chance of being the best villain in OP as I have lmao.

He'll never reach the heights of Doffy and Sir Crocodile
he has everything that doflamingo and crocodile had and then some.
i see him as the perfect mixture of doflamingo, crocodile and katakuri ~ with the best character traits from all of them.
just wait until the rocks flashback comes lol.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
he has everything that doflamingo and crocodile had and then some.
i see him as the perfect mixture of doflamingo, crocodile and katakuri ~ with the best character traits from all of them.
just wait until the rocks flashback comes lol.
He really doesn't my dude. The only thing Kaido has on either Doffy or Croc is strength. No charisma, no personality, at the very least nowhere near the aforementioned two. No complexity. Not much intrigue, and literally no appeal. He's very contradictory.

I don't use this as an argument, but when we are talking about appeal Kaido in his very own arc and being the big bad throughout post TS didn't even make it among the top 50 most popular characters, showing he really has no appeal. Croc and Doffy are still in the top 20 iirc, years after they were in the manga, like legit the last time we saw Croc was reading some newspapers, same as Doffy. He just doesn't have it.

Sure we can wait for a flashback, but the thing is, if you gotta bank in on a flashback making the character, then you gotta acknowledge something is off with him.

oh no lmao. he is so MUCH more than just a meathead. ill probably make a thread about his character soon. ill tag you and @Light D Lamperouge then.
Aye sure.

Can't enjoy Madara with that fucking shit author did to him, he should have been the end all be all, alas you are forced here to choose Kaido at least no one expected him to be final villain.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
โ€Ž
I don't use this as an argument, but when we are talking about appeal Kaido in his very own arc and being the big bad throughout post TS didn't even make it among the top 50 most popular characters, showing he really has no appeal. Croc and Doffy are still in the top 20 iirc, years after they were in the manga, like legit the last time we saw Croc was reading some newspapers, same as Doffy. He just doesn't have it.
when was the popularity poll taken? its probably during the early stages of the raid iirc.
IMO kaido has been at his best during the onigashima battle. we only got glimpses of him during the first two acts and some screentime during the oden flashback. id wait until the act ends before gauging him fully though since oda has been rushing wano and oda might very well fuck up the rocks flashback.

H

Haoshoku

when was the popularity poll taken? its probably during the early stages of the raid iirc.
IMO kaido has been at his best during the onigashima battle. we only got glimpses of him during the first two acts and some screentime during the oden flashback. id wait until the act ends before gauging him fully though since oda has been rushing wano and oda might very well fuck up the rocks flashback.
Having Rocks in of itself is already a f**k up.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Didnโ€™t enjoy Madara at all and I think he became incredibly redundant at the end of the series. After the Kage fight, his character plummeted and he was as present as Smoothie for nearly 40 chapters.

But he had goals, convictions, relationships, etc. he was fleshed out. Kaido is just a less interesting DBZ villain.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
โ€Ž
Having Rocks in of itself is already a f**k up.
i disagree. i think kaido's character is heavily influenced by his experience in the rocks pirates.

this is probably speculation but i think his philosophy on death and how a "grand death" completes a man's life is heavily influenced by what happened to his former captain ~ in sengoku's own words only a few marine oldtimers remember who rocks is.

you can also argue that the entire hierarchy and the crew dynamics ("the strength is everything" and the dog eat dog mentality) in the beast pirates are directly inspired by what he experienced in the rocks pirates ~ a crew which is famous for infighting.

there is a lot more ~ vegapunk probably forcibly experimenting with kaido after god valley etc. as i said, ill make a thread about it and ill tag yall.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
It was from the beginning of January until the end of February this year. It was a worldwide poll, and it covered volumes 98 and half of 99 if I am not wrong. But I fail to see any significant change even if it took place now. He ranked 65th lol, while Doffy was number 20 and Crocodile number 17.
Sure as I said we can wait for it, but it's not looking promising at all, and it would have to be the best fb we had to save the character.

It was from the beginning of January until the end of February this year. It was a worldwide poll, and it covered volumes 98 and half of 99 if I am not wrong. But I fail to see any significant change even if it took place now. He ranked 65th lol, while Doffy was number 20 and Crocodile number 17.

Sure as I said we can wait for it, but it's not looking promising at all, and it would have to be the best fb we had to save the character.
Wasnt BM just Place 83 or so?Besides being the second main villain in the current Arc