Rules Mafia News Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragomir

Coaches & Rules -

Hello everybody! I would like to announce @novaselinenever and @Zem as new coaches for the section! Zem will strictly be a coach for Town of Salem, while Nova will be able to coach in any game type, from Light game to SRM. Big congrats to them!

Important information to know -
  1. As I'm sure many of y'all have noticed, ToS has its own subsection now for which all ToS games are to be hosted in. Included in that section are role guides to assist the players. ToS will still follow the overall Mafia Calendar.
  2. There can be no more than 5 ToS games per season.
  3. Users can host a maximum of 3 games in a season whether it be solo or co-hosting.
  4. If you are up next to host in the season and your game is not ready then it will be immediately dropped to the bottom of the calendar and the next man up will go instead. Please be a responsible host and have your setups finished when it's your turn to go.
  5. Angle-shooting is strictly forbidden. Doing it will subject you to a mod-kill, a warning point, and a potential temporary ban in the section.

D

Dragomir

New Arrivals -
Hello, members of the Worstgen Mafia Community! I am proud to announce the arrival of two big editions to the section, a patch for the calendar, and a rework of an old thread.

Calendar -
Starting off with the calendar! There has been a tremendous amount of backlog in the Mafia Calendar that has caused hosts to wait many months even potentially a full year to host their game. That is simply atrocious. In order to fix that, the coaches have come up with a revamped version.
  • Town of Salem and Throne of Lies have their own separate calendar in which anybody can sign up for and host at any time. These games will be hosted in the new combined section called "Salem of Lies."
  • For the remainder of Season 2, the next host in line should post their signup thread once the current game reaches Night 1. When the signups are full and the current game has reached Night 4, that host should start their game immediately(however, it will be a little different for the current Hololive and next All-Stars game since both of these are Super Role Madness).
  • Beginning in Season 3, we will officially go with a two-game system. That means we will be having two games occur at the exact same time.
With these changes, we hope to dramatically increase the speed of the calendar and anticipate Season 3's arrival to be around late October or early November. For more details visit the Mafia Calendar and read the 'rules' sections.

Game Types -
Next up is the reworked Game Types thread. It provides a clearer explanation of the different game types, while also providing some guidelines when it comes to hosting some of them. Furthermore, it also contains an explanation of the recently added section Salem of Lies and even a little tidbit of Assassin Games if you are interested in that.

Arrivals -
Now for the main dish, our first new arrival is the addition of a Throne of Lies Guide! After Throne of Lies II, @Ena and I came to realize how unfavorable the Throne of Lies wiki is to forum mafia. It doesn't translate very well in it and it can be quite wonky and confusing trying to play it as exactly as shown in the wiki. As such, we created our own guide for the section. This guide is much more forum-friendly. Please refer to the guide when you're playing or hosting a Throne of Lies game. DO NOT use the wiki. You can visit the guide here.

Last but definitely not least is the official Worstgen Mafia Leaderboard! This leaderboard is a record of games, victories, players, hosts, that has essentially ever graced the Worstgen Mafia section. It will show you who has the most wins, most MVPs, most games hosted by a host, and other stats. It will show how you stack up against your peers in the community. How many wins you got, town wins, mafia wins, indie wins, how many games you've played, your win rate, and the games you have hosted. This leaderboard will be updated halfway through each season. It took me a long time to make this so I really hope I did not make a counting error here lol. Go check it out! Leaderboard

D

Dragomir

The Calendar is No More

Hello everyone! I have once again come to make an important announcement. After a discussion with the coaches, there will be no more mafia calendar. There are too many issues with it to sustain, not to mention, only a very few people even want it. Everybody else hates it. What will happen now is that anybody may whenever they would like to. The coaches and approved system will stay intact. For non-approved hosts, you will have to contact a coach and have them approve your setup. You must wait for the green light from your coach before posting signups. Only non-approved hosts have to do that. Approved hosts can post signups whenever they're ready. When you have posted your signups, you must host the game within an 8-week period. Failure to do so will have your game booted. All games will count towards the leaderboard. This will be effective starting now. Please keep in mind that the Weeb game will be starting soon, so if you're posting signups, try to aim for a start date around late November or early December.

D

Dragomir

Coaching Adjustments

I would like to preface this message by stating that I personally like the coaching system. I believe that the order it has brought to the section has played a big part in the success of our thriving mafia community. Additionally, I believe that it is what makes Worstgen Mafia unique. However, I understand the discord it has created within the community about how certain things ought to be handled. And as seen in the queries thread created by Noctis, the vast majority of you agree that changes need to be made. I have read your complaints and suggestions, and have come to a conclusion on the best course of action to take.​

Coaches -
To begin, the formal coach position shall stay intact in the section. It shall still be REQUIRED for complete beginner hosts to have a coach for their game. This is necessary to ensure that this newbie host can learn hosting properly and be guided on the right path. We cannot have newbie hosts be thrown into the wilderness of hosting all on their own and fend for themselves. Hosting is hard.

BUT, going forward, "approved hosts" will no longer be an official thing. If you yourself believe that you can host a game on your own without the guidance of a coach, then go for it. The coaches will no longer be the ones to judge your "readiness", you are free to judge it for yourself. However, don't hesitate to reach out to a coach if you need some help as you're hosting your game. I am personally always willing to help out any host in need. All you need to do is ask.

Modding -
From now on, coaches won't have any mod-like authority to punish players. It will be at the discretion of a host themselves if they want to ban a player from their games. Coaches will no longer be allowed to ban players from games or serve any sort of punishment to a player. That is not their duty. HOWEVER, if egregious enough, then I, as the primary mafia mod, will see it fit to ban someone from hosting or playing if their actions are deserving of such a punishment.

To expand on hosts banning players from their games, before they can do, they ought to talk to me or another mod first about their issues with the specific player they want to be excluded from their games. After that, it can be decided whether or not this ban is justified. We do not want hosts banning players from their games left and right just because they can.

I will create a formal, universal mafia rules and guidelines thread for the community. These rules will need to be followed at all costs and if anybody breaks enough of them, then I reserve the right to punish them accordingly.

With that being said, I am lifting the bans of both @Midnight Delight and @Joygirl. Both are now free to play any mafia games as long as the host of the game is okay with it.

Thank you all for reading this message.

D

Dragomir

Mafia Rules
Hello mafia players and hosts! I am here to announce the creation of a formal mafia rules and guidelines thread! You can access the thread here. Please adhere to these rules to the best of your ability. I want to bring special attention to this rule in light of the drama and rampant negativity that has occurred so far this year:
  • Be respectful to your fellow players. Mafia is a game that can cause heated arguments but at the end of the day, we're all adults. We should behave as such. Spiting and personally attacking others is not welcomed in this community. Play with respect. Be competitive but don't bring others down. The objective of any game in life is to have fun. Do not ruin the enjoyment for yourself and for others with spite.
Play with respect. I cannot stress that enough. It's okay to meme and the like but remember that at the end of the day, there are real humans behind each screen. Be considerate of others. If someone is taking offense or is being hurt by your actions, back off. Apologize. We are supposed to be friends here, not adversaries. Be kind to one another.

In addition to this, the leaderboard has been moved to the archive. It is being disabled. I will no longer be tracking game stats.

Thank you for reading this message.

D

Dragomir

A New Era -
Hello, hello! I'm here to announce that I will be formally stepping down as the head of this section. I've spent a good two years here and I've enjoyed them very much. Thank you for playing mafia with me, thank you for playing my games, and thank you all for the wonderful experiences you have provided me in this community.

Now, you must all be wondering... who will be the new Sheriff Godfather in town?

I would like to welcome and congratulate @Ratchet as the new head of the Worstgen Mafia section! Congratulations, Ratchet!

Status
Not open for further replies.