Manual or Automatic transmission?

Maybe is something instilled in the culture of my country, but I really don't get why people buy cars with automatic transmission
- Less driving pleasure
- Feels like the car is driving you, not you driving the car
- Maintenance costs much more
- Consumes more
Those are some of the big motivations that come into my mind. I get the fact that is more comfy and easy but still... Where I come from is associated to women and I think the same, why should you do that?

Give me your thoughts

Manual all the way,more engaging. That feeling when you change from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th:steef:.

The only reason to prefer auto is for huge cities on traffic,to not constantly have to deal with the clutch,but you can make it more loose to be lighter ,so :kayneshrug:

Manual all the way,more engaging. That feeling when you change from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th:steef:.

The only reason to prefer auto is for huge cities on traffic,to not constantly have to deal with the clutch,but you can make it more loose to be lighter ,so :kayneshrug:
I live in a huge city and have a manual, my clutch is not that hard but obviously when I get cought into traffic becomes a bit a pain in the ass
Still prefer this to the automatic tho, the latter changes too much the driving experience. Doesn't feel like driving at all to me

I'm into automation engineering so you already know my answer lol.
I'm studying to become Mechatronic technician, so automation is going to be a part of my job but I'm much more into Mechanic and Electric than Eletronics and Automation (for personal preferences)
Still don't understand why someone should chose an automatic transmission (unless he doesn't care about the car and driving)

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
I'm studying to become Mechatronic technician, so automation is going to be a part of my job but I'm much more into Mechanic and Electric than Eletronics and Automation (for personal preferences)
Still don't understand why someone should chose an automatic transmission (unless he doesn't care about the car and driving)
this is why Kid is your fav lol

Well any automated system is meant to provide safety and not just quantity, or else it would lack the most basic and important fulcrum, expecially in this particular case. My perfect world would feature safe car travels first of all, of course automated driving is still at its infancy. I'm actually a fan of Fast & Furious series even, I'm so aware that we would lose the joy of driving a car by ourselves. But it's also sure that car crashes are a huge thing.

Well any automated system is meant to provide safety and not just quantity, or else it would lack the most basic and important fulcrum, expecially in this particular case. My perfect world would feature safe car travels first of all, of course automated driving is still at its infancy. I'm actually a fan of Fast & Furious series even, I'm so aware that we would lose the joy of driving a car by ourselves. But it's also sure that car crashes are a huge thing.
Sure the whole point revolves around safety, but I personally don't put that over my driving pleasure cause most of the risky situations out there in the streets are not controllable with an automatic transmission (is a different discourse if we talk about cars that are completely automated), indeed often the manual is the safest cause gives you much more control over the car (if you are a good driver, clearly).
Btw I made this thread to hear some different point of views so I appreciate it

Sure the whole point revolves around safety, but I personally don't put that over my driving pleasure cause most of the risky situations out there in the streets are not controllable with an automatic transmission (is a different discourse if we talk about cars that are completely automated), indeed often the manual is the safest cause gives you much more control over the car (if you are a good driver, clearly).
Btw I made this thread to hear some different point of views so I appreciate it
Yeah I took the matter a bit too far. Automatic transmission is not exactly the same as a total automatic car, I suppose I did to render my point more clear and also to state my desire about cars. That being said it would suck if current cars disappeared, as long as safety stays, the coolest way to drive must also stay.