• Something else (reply in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Introduction
There has been a pervasive theory in certain parts of the community, that Maschenny's scheming at the Nest was to acquire whatever treasure Zahard stored in the Frozen Waterfall:

I've always been strongly opposed to the theory, and with the latest chapter, I think I've finally been vindicated.

In this thread, I'd like to explain why the "Zahard treasure" was always just a Red Herring and what Maschenny's objective at the Nest really is.

The Red Herring
At the end of S3 E49, Maschenny goes on a pretty long monologue.

She gives a description of the giant Suspendium and the Teleporter above it:

And then comments on its usage:

It was initially used by Traumerei to hide the eggs of his favourite animals but after the eggs hatched, Zahard asked him to let him store his precious things in it. Maschenny then mentions an interest in said precious things.

I think many people wrongly seized on this statement of Maschenny's when trying to determine her objective at the Nest. I think the mention of Zahard's treasure was just a statement of idle curiosity. Something that she was mildly interested in, and not any main focus of her plans or actions.

She never sent Baam into the Frozen Waterfall to bring back a Zahard treasure for her. She sent him into the Frozen Waterfall to power him up.

Essentially, from the very beginning, the Zahard's treasure was a Red Herring. It was never a main objective of Maschenny's at the Nest.

At this point, even if SIU writes it such that the Captain or Yool deliver a Zahard treasure to Maschenny later on, it would have still been a minor item in Maschenny's designs for the Nest. And it's starting to look like the Zahard treasure plotline may have been discarded entirely.

Maschenny's True Objective
Maschenny wanted to see for herself what Baam was truly capable of. Whether he'll be able to satisfy her lofty expectations. Whether he's really the one that can make her dream a reality.

Even in the very chapter with the Red Herring, this is emphasised.

Maschenny wonders to herself if Baam and his allies will even show up. She comments that she wants to see what he's truly capable of:

And then she expresses a desire: for him to become a vast wave of anger like the Tower has never seen before:

As the battle of the Nest progresses she continues to observe him, watching patiently to see how he fares.

As he performs a miracle, she chuckles to herself. She had thought him to be merely a harmless chick when he first showed up, but he was in actuality a monster:

And as she continues to observe him, she gets an epiphany. For some reason, his visage reminds her of Zahard:

Later on, during the Cat Tower game, she's beside herself with excitement. Her (nominal) allies and subordinates are risking their lives fighting against the Irregular and his allies, but she can't help but root for him to make it all the way to her. That would be the more entertaining outcome you see.

She smiles to herself as she eagerly anticipates his impending arrival:

She reveals to Jinsung that she doesn't want Baam's story to come to a boring end. She wants to see it continue until it becomes even more interesting:

And she goes on to mention, that the reason she kidnapped him and brought him to the Nest was because he was like a breakwater for Baam:

(Recall that she wants Baam to become a vast wave of anger like the Tower has never seen before. Jinsung is the breakwater holding Baam back).

This is unambiguous and unequivocal confirmation, that the entire reason she orchestrated the Nest was her designs for Baam.

After he defeats White and completes his map, she comments on it. And then she wonders aloud to herself, will he really be able to satisfy her lofty expectations?

When they finally meet, she tells him that she's been waiting for him:

When he questions for what purpose as she done all this, she answers him in clear terms. Her purpose is no different from all the others who have tried to use him. She wants to acquire the Trump Card called an Irregular:

This strongly reinforces my earlier claim that her core objective at the Nest was her designs for Baam. As for what those designs are, I think she has already told us (to become a vast wave of anger like the Tower has never seen before).

I believe that sending him into the Suspendium to acquire Leviathan was another item in her agenda for nurturing him.

Her reaction to Baam acquiring Leviathan is pretty telling. She smiles to herself, as things are progressing exactly as she had wanted:

Conclusions
The Tl;Dr: Maschenny's objective at the Nest was always just Baam. There was never a strong desire to acquire whatever treasure Zahard stored in the Frozen Waterfall. That was just a Red Herring.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it's pretty obvious that she's trying to use Baam to shake up the tower on purpose

She can't do much herself because there are a number of players that she can't handle but there's nothing stopping her from using Baam to do what she can't on her own

That's what makes Maschenny such a fascinating character. She knows her limits but tries to work around them anyway

This also fuels my theory that Baam will kill Traumerei very soon. I keep telling yall its in the cards

:goyea:

Worst

Custom title
β€Ž
It makes sense ( especially cuz she's not mad at them literally blowing up the suspendium and whatever was inside of it ) and as u mentioned she wanted the special card called the irregular not some random treasure xD

BUT, i don't think she's that insane to hope Baam would go from puppet level to FH level like that so i think she has someone else backing her up ( maybe Gustang himself ? )

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
This also fuels my theory that Baam will kill Traumerei very soon. I keep telling yall its in the cards

I consider it to be a plausible outcome.

I've already made the case that she's setting up Baam to fight Traumerei:
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/.22207/

If Baam is capable enough, why not have him kill Traumerei as well.

That said, I'm convinced sold that Traumerei's death is something she's expecting at the Nest.

BUT, i don't think she's that insane to hope Baam would go from puppet level to FH level like that
She plans to direct and maneuver Baam even while raising him into a monster the likes of which the Tower has never seen before.

so i think she has someone else backing her up ( maybe Gustang himself ? )
They might be working together (maybe he told her about Leviathan), but I doubt he's actively supporting her at the Nest.

Worst

Custom title
β€Ž
She plans to direct and maneuver Baam even while raising him into a monster the likes of which the Tower has never seen before.

They might be working together (maybe he told her about Leviathan), but I doubt he's actively supporting her at the Nest.
Yea but i can't figure out how can she get him out of there once he starts confronting Traum if not by someone who can hold him off enough appears OR i am really underestimating Levi's powers

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I think Maschenny might join up FUG or Wolkaisong later on.She might be interested in climbing the last floor.I think her goal here is to make Baam a bigger threat to Jahad and probably steal something important too.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah I think it's pretty obvious that she's trying to use Baam to shake up the tower on purpose

She can't do much herself because there are a number of players that she can't handle but there's nothing stopping her from using Baam to do what she can't on her own

That's what makes Maschenny such a fascinating character. She knows her limits but tries to work around them anyway

Too soon for that,he might injure him.I could see a similar situation to what happened in Baam vs Urek Mazino.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž
I like this theory

I think Maschenny might join up FUG or Wolkaisong later on.She might be interested in climbing the last floor.I think her goal here is to make Baam a bigger threat to Jahad and probably steal something important too.

Too soon for that,he might injure him.I could see a similar situation to what happened in Baam vs Urek Mazino.
He injured Urek who’s stronger and probably more durable than Traumerei at the beginning of S2

He bodied White without using most of his power and he just got Leviathan (a beast even Traumerei couldn’t tame) on top of a soul powerup from White

I’m not saying I want it to happen cause it’s definitely too early but I think it’s possible

2 thorns stabbed + sword and shield transformation + burning souls + Black March + Leviathan + whatever the hell else he may get and you have someone that’s probably capable of fighting Traumerei

Yasratcha and Yama are β€œfighting” him rn and we know Yama is getting out of this somehow

It’s fate

:kata:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I think Maschenny might join up FUG or Wolkaisong later on.
I don't see it. She's only interested in Baam. She has no regard for the rest of FUG.

Beyond that, it doesn't really make sense for her to defect:
  • She's one of the most influential and prominent members of the Zahard Family.
  • She's the "central power" of the Khun Family and has the entire might of the Family at her back.

Maschenny is far too powerful to defect.

She might be interested in climbing the last floor.
As far as I can tell, her only objective is tearing down Zahard and/or the current order.

.I think her goal here is to make Baam a bigger threat to Jahad and probably steal something important too.
There was nothing to steal. The only thing contained in the Suspendium was Leviathan.

That makes no sense. The Baam that injured Urek Mazino was at the very least, thousands (potentially up to millions) of times weaker than his current self.

I don't see it. She's only interested in Baam. She has no regard for the rest of FUG.

Beyond that, it doesn't really make sense for her to defect:
  • She's one of the most influential and prominent members of the Zahard Family.
  • She's the "central power" of the Khun Family and has the entire might of the Family at her back.

Maschenny is far too powerful to defect.

As far as I can tell, her only objective is tearing down Zahard and/or the current order.

There was nothing to steal. The only thing contained in the Suspendium was Leviathan.

That makes no sense. The Baam that injured Urek Mazino was at the very least, thousands (potentially up to millions) of times weaker than his current self.
What i meant is:Baam will surprise Traumerai by nullifying his immortality contract and landing a injury.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
by nullifying his immortality contract
I don't think Baam can do this. Baam is not bound by the immortality contract, so he can kill Traumerei. But he cannot remove Traumerei's immortality for the benefit of others.

I don't think Baam can do this. Baam is not bound by the immortality contract, so he can kill Traumerei. But he cannot remove Traumerei's immortality for the benefit of others.
Baam somehow can break spells,maybe this is what truly makes him especial.Remember Baam is supossed to avenge V.

LOL yeah i didn't mean breaking the contract,just injuring Traumerai despite the contract.Breaking the contract would be OP.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Baam somehow can break spells,maybe this is what truly makes him especial.Remember Baam is supossed to avenge V.
  1. The 10 Family Leaders can also break spells.
  2. Contracts are not spells.