Character Discussion Mihawk appreciation post

Just some thoughts on Mihawk I prepared for a popularity poll in the other forum, thought I'd share it here.

Mihawk's win against Zoro is one of the most impactful moments in the series in my opinion. He highlights the sheer gap in their capabilities and then requests Zoro improve and challenge him again becuase he genuinely wants a fitting and formidable Swordsman opponent, especially after his former rival's loss of limb and to be honest, potential. He absolutely destroyed Zoro with a pocket knife, broke his blade then encouraged him. He really brought one of Baratie's best moments and I say that as someone who loved pretty much every Sanji scene there.

Mihawk's one of the most dignified characters in the series and it's reiterated repeatedly he respects all manners of noteworthy bladesmen and even non-swordsman opponents like Whitebeard. People bash him for post-poning against Vista but that just makes clear he actually wants an extended fight with a worthy opponent and it's moreso Vista hype than Mihawk dehype. His acceptance to train Zoro didn't really affect him negatively though it can be argued it did Zoro or atleast the potential for their fight. Him training Zoro to be ready for the New World and to face him simply speaks volumes to Mihawk's absolute confidence in his skill with the blade.

He has one of the highest potentials from this point on in regards to character and involvement in future events. Cross Guilde put him as a leader of a major faction in the events to come and allows him to carry out his own agenda with less obstructions. Hopefully we'll learn more about the man. Marine Hunter, Warlord, World's Strongest Swordsman, quite the reputation. Can't wait to see him back up the name "Hawkeyes" even further than he did at Marineford. Speaking of, him cutting that iceberg in seemingly effortlessly (I don't think it's a case of his best being hundreds of times better but moreso his absolute control and mastery making such attacks a breeze for him) was crazy hype and added to the war being regarded as the pirate summit.

His fight against Zoro is one of the most anticipated in shounen manga at this point and I genuinely don't think it'll disappoint. Zoro showcased Conqueror's haki, imbued it into his attacks, scarred Kaido, decimated King in their final clash and he still isn't prepared for the menace that is Dracule Mihawk. Shiryu is most likely Zoro's next major opponent and I think he'll be a reasonable deal above King and make for one of Zoro's best fights and even that will simply be another push towards Mihawk. His position as one of the most powerful and important characters in the series was solidified at the Baratie and we'll see the extent to his relevancy soon enough.

His aesthetic is immaculate in my opinion. Great design from the vampire and gothic look (coffin boat, vampire-like appearance) to his enormous yet fitting blade to his island's appearance.

Overall, quite a bit of my like of him is for his potential but it's also his character, aesthetic, role and significance in the story that makes me like him.
Post automatically merged:

@Sanji D Goat @TokOO @Cutty Jewboy @Jaguark101 @RayanOO @Midnight Delight @Mr. Reloaded @Kerkovian @PaulOO @DarkestKnightofSpoilers @gamaran @solis @Kyou @LANJI CUCKSMOKE

Last edited:
Glad to see that I'm the first one that you tagged for this thread my man.:cheers:

I might not look like it but I do defend Mihawk than most OP characters that I liked. Mihawk left a good impression ever since his introduction in Baratie and he gets more hype in the recent chapters. All I can hope for is that his hype will remain the same and his backstory is what I'm looking forward the most. Zoro vs Mihawk EOS will be hype.
He very cool, but Zoro vs Mihawk won't happen. and if it happened i don't expect it to be great, since Oda not very good with drawing sword fights.
I mean Zoro vs King did exceed my and other people's expectations so I still have trust in sword fights.

I mean Zoro vs King did exceed my and other people's expectations so I still have trust in sword fights.
It was not sword fight. It was swordsman fighting guy who sometimes fought with the sword while other times used other attacks and gimmicks as power.

We not have a legit sword fight in the entire manga other than Mihawk and Zoro, which wasn't really a fight.