MLB Discussion Thread

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Don’t know how many baseball fans we have in the house, but we have threads for every other sport, so...probably not many.

On the off chance you DO enjoy the American pastime (their words), let’s talk about it here! Expectations for next season, favorite players, fantasy league stuff, whatever!

Specifically, though, I’m curious if anyone here has been keeping up with the Astros sign stealing scandal? News came out today that Jose Altuve and Alex Bregman (among others) may have been wearing buzzers under their uniforms and receiving signals from trainers in the clubhouse about which pitches were coming...so far, no players have been punished as a result of this shit, but if that’s true, they will be soon.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I’ll admit that I used to root for the Evil Empire, but I realized after he retired that I only did so because Derek Jeter was and remains my favorite player of all time...won’t sit here and act like he didn’t have myriad flaws in his game (the terrible defense sticks out the most), but I still love the Captain even as his post-playing career in ownership has been spotty at best.

I’ll admit that I used to root for the Evil Empire, but I realized after he retired that I only did so because Derek Jeter was and remains my favorite player of all time...won’t sit here and act like he didn’t have myriad flaws in his game (the terrible defense sticks out the most), but I still love the Captain even as his post-playing career in ownership has been spotty at best.
So who's your team now?

I come from Braves country, but I’ve lived just outside of Seattle for a few years, so the Mariners have kinda stolen my heart. Grew up idolizing Jeter and Junior even though Chipper was right there :luuh:

What about you, who are your favorite Jays/players in general?
Well, I got into Baseball like 2 weeks ago so I would say as of right now maybe Bautista for that amazing HR against the Rangers but other than that.....I don't know many legends.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Well, I got into Baseball like 2 weeks ago so I would say as of right now maybe Bautista for that amazing HR against the Rangers but other than that.....I don't know many legends.
Dude, Joey Bats was one of the best stories in the game during the 2010s...a utility bit player tweaked a tiny part of his mechanics and suddenly turned into fuckin’ Mark McGwire for half a decade. The slide was hard and inevitable after that, but Bautista saved baseball in Toronto, there’s no getting around that.

Dude, Joey Bats was one of the best stories in the game during the 2010s...a utility bit player tweaked a tiny part of his mechanics and suddenly turned into fuckin’ Mark McGwire for half a decade. The slide was hard and inevitable after that, but Bautista saved baseball in Toronto, there’s no getting around that.
I do know who Babe Ruth so there is that lol