Powers & Abilities Most frightening devil fruit?

In my opinion, sugar's df is the most frightening one because it literally erases someone's existence in instant. And what makes it more frightening is how simple it works, just touch the enemy with his/her palm, the enemy will turn into a toy and instantly the memory of him/her in the entire OP world before he/she become a toy will be erased completely as if he/she never existed before. And also it seems once you become a toy, you will lose all your power and just becime a mere powerless toy. Thho i dont know if haki can protect you from turning into a toy.

How about yours nakama?

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
I don't even think haki can protect you from Sugar. She can one shot even Kaido or Roger. Oda though did well to balance it by giving the fruit to a really weak individual.
That said though I don't think the top dogs would want that fruit. You defeat someone then everyone forgets about him and you don't get any credit :suresure:
That's the only thing that irks me about the fruit. If you forgot everything about the person/living being in the first place, how did Sugar consciously know that the toys were once alive and not inanimate?
How or why would anyone believe in the abilities of her df? It should have been impossible to believe the existence of her fruit. You can't prove its abilities.

I'm talking about her family not the tonttata.

It could be one of the following Logias:
Hie Hie no Mi - you cant even touch Aokiji or youll freeze
Magu Magu no Mi - you cant even touch Akainu or youll burn

But I would actually go with the Goro Goro no Mi - it's a shame the fruit was wasted so early in the story and wasnt in the hands of a top tier character. The fruit is lightning, which has the following powers:
- Touch enel and you DIE/get paralysed/get burned/heart stops etc.
- Lightning burns at 3-10x the temperature of Magma, so it's worse than Sakazuki's fruit
- He can use electrical waves to spy on you from KMs away - creepy af
So that's the danger the fruit poses simply by existing
But he can also destroy Islands etc.
Plus he has an additional form other Logias dont seem to
And his speed is ridiculous

Yeah, Goro Goro for me

I mean there's a lot of frightening powers.
Logias, sure. Ice, magma, fire,... doesn't matter. It's scary.

But also Whitebeards devil fruit... creating earthquakes, like damn shit, I would shit my pants if there was suddenly a fucking earth quake (mostly because I live in a place that never has earth quakes)

I would probably even think it's scary if there was someone like Buggy just spreading his body parts everywhere. Like goddamn, imagine that in real life... what the heck. Suddenly a flying hand or head coming after you.

Or Mr.1 or Miss Doublefinger, growing spikes or blades out of skin... Mhh... no thank you

That's the only thing that irks me about the fruit. If you forgot everything about the person/living being in the first place, how did Sugar consciously know that the toys were once alive and not inanimate?
How or why would anyone believe in the abilities of her df? It should have been impossible to believe the existence of her fruit. You can't prove its abilities.

wow what a MASSIVE PLOT HOLE :usoprice:
Post automatically merged:

imo, GURA-GURA NO MI is still the most frightening for me atm...
dude literally 1 punch for 1 island to be sinked

Nice observation, it really is the plothole of this df lol

I don't even think haki can protect you from Sugar. She can one shot even Kaido or Roger. Oda though did well to balance it by giving the fruit to a really weak individual.
That said though I don't think the top dogs would want that fruit. You defeat someone then everyone forgets about him and you don't get any credit :suresure:
Lol right. No one could escape from this df's curse. And yeah it would be no fun if you win the fight with this df lol. This df is perfect for imu sama who want to erase someone he wants

It could be one of the following Logias:
Hie Hie no Mi - you cant even touch Aokiji or youll freeze
Magu Magu no Mi - you cant even touch Akainu or youll burn

But I would actually go with the Goro Goro no Mi - it's a shame the fruit was wasted so early in the story and wasnt in the hands of a top tier character. The fruit is lightning, which has the following powers:
- Touch enel and you DIE/get paralysed/get burned/heart stops etc.
- Lightning burns at 3-10x the temperature of Magma, so it's worse than Sakazuki's fruit
- He can use electrical waves to spy on you from KMs away - creepy af
So that's the danger the fruit poses simply by existing
But he can also destroy Islands etc.
Plus he has an additional form other Logias dont seem to
And his speed is ridiculous

Yeah, Goro Goro for me
These df surely is scary in terms of offensive. You literally just kill yourself when you touch them. I'll add, magellan's df

I mean there's a lot of frightening powers.
Logias, sure. Ice, magma, fire,... doesn't matter. It's scary.

But also Whitebeards devil fruit... creating earthquakes, like damn shit, I would shit my pants if there was suddenly a fucking earth quake (mostly because I live in a place that never has earth quakes)

I would probably even think it's scary if there was someone like Buggy just spreading his body parts everywhere. Like goddamn, imagine that in real life... what the heck. Suddenly a flying hand or head coming after you.

Or Mr.1 or Miss Doublefinger, growing spikes or blades out of skin... Mhh... no thank you
Ahh thqt miss doublefinger df is really scary. Fits for an assassin

wow what a MASSIVE PLOT HOLE :usoprice:

imo, GURA-GURA NO MI is still the most frightening for me atm...
dude literally 1 punch for 1 island to be sinked
Yeah no doubt wb's df has great AP and DC. Dude without much effort could destroy and sink an island with one strike

Last edited:
Nice observation, it really is the plothole of this df lol

It's not much of a plothole - she cant turn herself into a toy, so clearly her ability and all the ramifications (including memory loss) do not affect her

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
It's not much of a plothole - she cant turn herself into a toy, so clearly her ability and all the ramifications (including memory loss) do not affect her
Everyone literally forgets about the person. That person never existed to begin with in thier mind. No one ever thinks 'sugar used her fruit' they just wonder 'where did this toy appear out of'. This is evident when the straw hats literally forget about Robin's whole existence - Usopp ran like a bitch because at that moment he didn't have a nakama to save. The reason for him to be there doesn't exist.

Sugar just unconsciously knows how to use her power. However she herself does not know who they are is after she touches them. Their existence is also erased out of her mind along with everyone else's.

Everyone literally forgets about the person. That person never existed to begin with in thier mind. No one ever thinks 'sugar used her fruit' they just wonder 'where did this toy appear out of'. This is evident when the straw hats literally forget about Robin's whole existence - Usopp ran like a bitch because at that moment he didn't have a nakama to save. The reason for him to be there doesn't exist.

Sugar just unconsciously knows how to use her power. However she herself does not know who they are is after she touches them. Their existence is also erased out of her mind along with everyone else's.
You completely missed my point

Sugar cannot turn herself into a toy when she touches herself
Therefore, the fruit does not affect herself (deletion of memory is part and parcel of the fruits effects)
Therefore, she can still remember everyone, as the fruit does not affect her

In my opinion, sugar's df is the most frightening one because it literally erases someone's existence in instant. And what makes it more frightening is how simple it works, just touch the enemy with his/her palm, the enemy will turn into a toy and instantly the memory of him/her in the entire OP world before he/she become a toy will be erased completely as if he/she never existed before. And also it seems once you become a toy, you will lose all your power and just becime a mere powerless toy. Thho i dont know if haki can protect you from turning into a toy.

How about yours nakama?
gives you immortality too (you dont get older)

Hum it's tough, there are several frightening DFs but I'd go with Blackbeard's Yami Yami. He can literally turn everything into void.

Apoo's DF is quite frightening too. The guy can make you explode or cut you in half without even touching you physically.

The Soru Soru No Mi fruit
Most people are afraid of death and Linlin has that instant kill move or she can steal X many years off of your lifespan.
Then she can give life to non living things.

Moria's power. He takes corpses, he stuffs them with shadows, and viola, he created a hideous version of life. Your dead brother, your dead girlfriend reanimated by somebody else's souls. The body is defiled and forced to keep living, the soul is trapped in the wrong vessel. He gives them animal bodies, plant bodies, carpet and painting bodies. Big Mom shoves a soul into a door and it comes to life. Moria and Hogback surgically stitch a human face to a painting then bring it to life.

gives you immortality too (you dont get older)
It definitely does not do that. Sugar's immortality would be a huge plot point. She may be stuck as a 10 year old girl, but she will probably live a natural lifespan.

Doffy painstakingly kept Law alive again and again, because he wanted him to perform immortality surgery on his body at the risk of his own life. Imagine if Doffy's own subordinate already possessed immortality. You cut off Law's head, feed the fruit to Dellinger, tell Dellinger to swap Sugar and Doffy's bodies. Now Doffy has a superior Devil Fruit and immortality, his physical child-like weakness made up for with his strong haki. You don't need an intelligent master surgeon to perform an ultimate technique that costs the user their life span, Dellinger just uses the personality swap technique.