General & Others Mr Morj's Zoro vs Sanji: A Full Retrospective

Zoro vs Sanji: A Full Retrospective

I find Mr Morj to be one of the most level headed/ unbiased One Piece content creators so i'd recommend him in general for anyone interested.

Since Zoro vs Sanji is one of the most discussed topics on this forum, enjoy his fresh, days old take on this matter

As a bonus, here is his take on why we are so toxic when discussing Zoro vs Sanji :milaugh:

He just repeating what other's said in different platforms
I mean, he is literally talking about the discussion taking place on various platforms in one of these videos :milaugh:

He's certainly aware of the One Piece online talk, and taking what he finds of value from it, but i would not consider that a bad thing at all.

I'd rather a content creator be informed, than lacking in that regard and be easily surprised by a different perspective.

Most of what he said was pretty self explanatory. However; I think he’s missing the main aspect of why these characters are portrayed different and that’s what they’re fighting for.

Zoro is fighting to take down enemies and prove his strength.
Sanji is fighting to protect allies and make sure his friends don’t get hurt.
Luffy is fighting to do both.

That’s why when Oda portrays their power structure strangely it’s because they get stronger and weaker depending on what they’re fighting for.

Sanji gets stronger when a friends life hangs in the balance. Because of that he won’t fight to his best ability in the case of say Page One which all he was fighting for was to test out his suit. Sanji doesn’t always fight to destroy an enemy he fights to ensure everyone is safe (look at the vergo fight. Both clearly could’ve continued but Sanji saw no point since everyone was safe and vergo saw no point either). Many people complain about Sanji in WCI but there he has no one to fight for. You can see the sudden change in sanjis power when he begins fighting to protect people than just fighting to prove something to his family.

Zoro gets stronger when he has something to prove. As such he doesn’t fight his best when he’s fighting an enemy that he doesn’t really care about. Look at how Two sword Zoro and nerfed killer fought evenly for a while. Zoro only wants to destroy enemies of substance (look at the Monet fight. Zoro didn’t need help against monet but in his mind he couldn’t fight his hardest because monet was so far beneath him). You can usually see in Zoros face when he acknowledges an opponent this is the point of the bandana it symbolizes Zoros willingness to see this opponent as someone of substance that actually using his strength matters.

When both characters are at their max and can fight for what they believe in they can absolutely approach Luffys level of strength. (Enies lobby when Zoro and Sanji annihilated their enemies but Luffy almost lost to his) However, we rarely get to see that as much as we see Luffy because main character and all that.