Chapter Discussion Murata’s Decision To Rewrite Existing Chapters-The Dumbest Decision In Mangaka History?

Do the Rewrites Bother You

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Let it be a testament to how completely demoralizing it is for Murata to literally go back and rewrite previous OPM chapters, erasing large swathes of manga canon from existence arbitrarily; because I haven’t read a single OPM chapter in literal months and I have no desire to knowing that at a moment’s notice, the story I’m reading could simply cease to exist at the whim of the author.

I seriously cannot berate Murata enough for this, easily the dumbest decision any manga writer has made, including all of Oda’s fuck ups. I even hear Monster Garou has showed up and I just have no desire to read any chapter involving him knowing that Murata could simply erase them tomorrow if he decides he released something that wasn’t ready to finish initially.

This used to be a top 5 manga for me, now you can pretty much remove me from any OPM tag lists because I probably won’t bother with this shit until years after the story ends. I literally have never been more frustrated with a manga author, but what do you guys think? Are you willing to put up with the retcons? Or like me, do you just want to punch Murata in the face?

@Light D Lamperouge @RayanOO @SmokedOut @Kiwipom @Zoro D Goat @Roronoa-sama @Knight of the sea @Van @sidestreetboy @Haoshoku @Minatoze Narutomaki @Dark Admiral @Owl Ki etc etc etc

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The reason is to be closer to the webcomic and not adding stuff that could contradict it in the future but it has two major drawbacks :

- the pacing of the manga became hell with lots of "new" chapter being in fact redraws. And given the manga is one release every 2/3 weeks it can be a long long time before having a real new chap. I feel the Monster association arc has been lasting since forever.

- for now the majority of the redraw were less good than the first ones. Amai mask vs Soldier and Do S was a lot better in the original version. Child Emperor vs Phoenix man was a lot better in the first version. Evil natural water and the soldier story was a bit weird. Only one or two things were better like with Flashy flash vs the Ninja bros in the redraw.

So no it's not a MAJOR cons against OPM and it won't make me stop reading the manga which is good, but yes it bothers me.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
The reason is to be closer to the webcomic and not adding stuff that could contradict it in the future but it has two major drawbacks :

- the pacing of the manga became hell with lots of "new" chapter being in fact redraws. And given the manga is one every 2/3 weeks it can be a long long time before having a real new chap. I feel the Monster association arc is lasting forever.

- for now the majority of the redraw were less good than the first ones. Amai mask vs Soldier and Do S was a lot better in the original version. Child Emperor vs Phoenix man was a lot better in the first version. Evil natural water and the soldier story was a bit weird. One one or two things were better with Flashy flash vs the Ninja bros in the redraw.

So no it's not a MAJOR cons against OPM and it won't make me stop reading the manga which is good, but yes it bothers me.
I personally think Child Emperor vs Phoenix was one of the best fights so far.

Arc so far to me is amazing story wise and battle wise

Let it be a testament to how completely demoralizing it is for Murata to literally go back and rewrite previous OPM chapters, erasing large swathes of manga canon from existence arbitrarily; because I haven’t read a single OPM chapter in literal months and I have no desire to knowing that at a moment’s notice, the story I’m reading could simply cease to exist at the whim of the author.

I seriously cannot berate Murata enough for this, easily the dumbest decision any manga writer has made, including all of Oda’s fuck ups. I even hear Monster Garou has showed up and I just have no desire to read any chapter involving him knowing that Murata could simply erase them tomorrow if he decides he released something that wasn’t ready to finish initially.

This used to be a top 5 manga for me, now you can pretty much remove me from any OPM tag lists because I probably won’t bother with this shit until years after the story ends. I literally have never been more frustrated with a manga author, but what do you guys think? Are you willing to put up with the retcons? Or like me, do you just want to punch Murata in the face?

@Light D Lamperouge @RayanOO @SmokedOut @Kiwipom @Zoro D Goat @Roronoa-sama @Knight of the sea @Van @sidestreetboy @Haoshoku @Minatoze Narutomaki @Dark Admiral @Owl Ki etc etc etc
Canon = Released Manga Volumes
Stop reading Online Releases & nothing will bother you

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I personally think Child Emperor vs Phoenix was one of the best fights so far.

Arc so far to me is amazing story wise and battle wise
Yeah I liked it too, but the first one was quite better : Emperor Nova was insane, i prefer the design of the first robot, I prefer some of the first draw actions etc.

The redraw wasn't bad but not at the first draw level for me.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Yeah I liked it too, but the first one was quite better : Emperor Nova was insane, i prefer the design of the first robot, I prefer some of the first draw actions etc.

The redraw wasn't bad but not at the first draw level for me.
Uhm, i havent read all re-draws. Couldnt find them.
Post automatically merged:

Tbh i didnt even read One's version. I read on mangasail as they come

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

I don't actually read One Punch Man, though folk seem to think I do. :brootea:

Yeah the redraws chipped at my sanity for the last few years.

Worst thing for me is that the only thing that really had to be redrawn was AM killing those guys, rest of the changes I don't find necessary.

I am still reading it but i have lost track of all the changes between PM vs CE and current chapters

He just needs to find a good writer as a partner and make fukin original manga masterpiece.

Well other mangaka do it too. Sall things like Oda changing scenes to big things like extra fight scenes in the Seven Deadly Sins manga. Difference is it's either in the volume, or the anime.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Yes it bothers me too. Not that much that I would drop the series, but sometimes I have no idea what actually is canon lol. I start misremembering the scenes and mixing them up, which I why I sometimes stay away from discussing the power levels lol. But yeah, it it problematic.

It bothers me a lot tbh, not so much because I don't know what's canon anymore but because I expect a new chapter and the story to move on not a redraw from a fight that took place 10 chapters ago between characters that I most likely don't really care about.
I dropped it for a few months because of that and I haven't reread the chapters I missed, I'm just reading the new content now.

Redraws has always been in a thing in one punch man, Murata redraw scences multiple times in the saitama vs Boros fight and redraws would always happen whenever a volume release was coming up.

The only difference now is that when Murata changed it from Amai mask killing the mercs to saving them. This lead to a domino effect where multiple redraws had to be done to fix the continuity.

One and Murata most likely changed that scene to fit amai mask character for his later arc in the web comic