Powers & Abilities Oda’s missed opportunities to give haki to the rest of SHPs

So we are at the end of the story at the final saga with so little before EOS yet still half of the SHs don’t have haki!! Some may say it’s not that big of a deal, but for a yonko crew and the next PK crew to yet not have all members with haki seems weird considering they are only ten members!

Oda would have done much better if we had Franky getting CoA along Usopp back in DR, Nami and Chopper getting it in WCI while Robin and Brook in Wano. However, Oda did not seem to care much about that! Your thoughts on half the SHs not having haki and if they ever will and how.

Yeah, I also thought, that if haki has to be a thing, Oda could have used it in a way to make the rest of a crew relevant.
Got a whole idea how I would have rewritten, but who wants to read some fanfic😂🤷🏿‍♂️

Haki is pointless to them since they’re already stronger than most haki users just through their other abilities.
True for the most part except Franky was only stronger than Sasaki thanks to his giant robot so he himself being stronger is still questionable not to mention Sasaki despite having CoA hasn’t shown to display it not was it ever mentioned or hinted same goes to Black Maria tho I would say Robin’s fight seemed more earned. When it comes to Usopp, Brook, Chopper they were mostly useless against any real power house while Nami was good thanks to her PU yet still was only capable to win due to Ulti being on her last leg. Although yes diversity in abilities is great, but having minimum 1 haki type for yonko crew members seems the least kind of effort could be done for top class pirate crew.

True for the most part except Franky was only stronger than Sasaki thanks to his giant robot so he himself being stronger is still questionable not to mention Sasaki despite having CoA hasn’t shown to display it not was it ever mentioned or hinted same goes to Black Maria tho I would say Robin’s fight seemed more earned. When it comes to Usopp, Brook, Chopper they were mostly useless against any real power house while Nami was good thanks to her PU yet still was only capable to win due to Ulti being on her last leg. Although yes diversity in abilities is great, but having minimum 1 haki type for yonko crew members seems the least kind of effort could be done for top class pirate crew.
He himself doesn’t need to be stronger, his tech is stronger than haki.

Franky is going to get stronger because his tech is going to go through the roof
Robin is going to get stronger through unlocking more of her devil fruit
Brook is like Robin
Chopper is like Robin
Nami is going to get better tech

The idea that any of them needed haki didn’t make sense to me because haki is just another power system that honestly is not that great unless you train it constantly. For example Luffys Armament Haki in FI and WCI was very likely weaker than Frankys steel body. As such training haki for those who don’t need it is just a waste of time.

If Oda gave everyone haki and these powerups are shown to be required to defeat their opponents then One Piece would literally become Haki Piece. Does Chopper have higher haki than Nami? Franky or Jinbe: Who's haki is stronger? Imagine the shitshow that would take place, Oda would be blamed for being unimaginative etc. for just having haki and nothing special and diverse for the crew members. Its a good decision that Oda did not force haki for each and everyone, Usopp is a sniper he needed that CoO and he got that special version for himself that long range pinpoint accuracy type, I don't think the others have this type of CoO in the crew. Some may have it and it was explicitly shown like Robin. It would be good if around the EOS all SHs have at least the basic armament and observation like the VAs of marines but that should not dominate their fights or style.

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
Strawhats with Haki
1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Jinbe
5. Usopp

Strawhats without
1. Chopper
2. Nami
3. Franky
4. Robin
5. Brook

its 50/50, good ratio

So we are at the end of the story at the final saga with so little before EOS yet still half of the SHs don’t have haki!! Some may say it’s not that big of a deal, but for a yonko crew and the next PK crew to yet not have all members with haki seems weird considering they are only ten members!

Oda would have done much better if we had Franky getting CoA along Usopp back in DR, Nami and Chopper getting it in WCI while Robin and Brook in Wano. However, Oda did not seem to care much about that! Your thoughts on half the SHs not having haki and if they ever will and how.
Well, Usopp already has haki, he just needs to train it. Which I think is reserved for Elbaf, as many have already speculated, Elbaf will be important for Usopp, so I assume that the Giants will train Usopp's haki.

Robin is strange case, because on one hand she spent 2 years with the Revolutionaries and she didn't learn haki. But this new Demon form that Robin has shown reminds me of armament haki.

At this point, just have the Monster Trio and Usopp give the others some pointers. Not sure why they didn't reveal haki up till now, atleast Franky has his tech so him not going this route could be an intentional choice with Germa, Queen and Vegapunk's tech being pretty relevant. Brook could make use of armament, Nami using observation could help her in close quarters (and just in general) and Oda could've just confirmed Demonio Fleur as haki. Usopp is the main one I'm seriously hoping makes more use of his observation haki and unlocks armament. I guess Oda could give Chopper it too.

Devil fruits and technology are way cooler than haki

Oda knows that, thats why Luffy only beat Kaido through awakening.

Yes i remember Kaido saying that haki surpasses everything else, but are we really going to listen to that fucking loser? Lol

I would like if Robin got CoO only, but i've liked her Demonio form and the Fishman Karate moves and think its better to have diversity in abilities than everyone just using CoA to fight.

Franky to me could get a Kairoseki hands/gloves instead of CoA.

Brook and Nami just dont need it for their fighting style, while Chopper would improve his power by using CoA with the monster point, but isnt a pressing matter.

Att the end most of the fighting styles in the SH dont need CoA, and the use of CoO has become totally random, so really dont matter if u have it or not.

Robin not learning haki after being with Dragon and Sabo for two years was bullshit. She should have at least learned CoO considering her life on the run must have given her the potential skill for it. It was shown in Water 7 how she's extremely observant of her surroundings.

The idea that the Straw Hats "don't need" haki also makes no sense. The fact that any encounter with a logia would be an automatic loss for them is appalling. Imagine if Caribou had actually been smarter and didn't get contained in a barrel during the trip to Fishman Island when the M3 got separated from the ship. The entire rest of the crew would have powerless against him.
There's also how they literally couldn't even touch Kizaru when he was casually charging up an execution move for Zoro and taunting them back at Sabaoby. The fact that it wouldn't have really made a difference since it was Kizaru doesn't matter; that kind of helplessness when their crewmate's life was seriously in danger should have been massive motivation to learn CoA or otherwise have the means to consistently handle logias.

Robin not learning haki after being with Dragon and Sabo for two years was bullshit. She should have at least learned CoO considering her life on the run must have given her the potential skill for it. It was shown in Water 7 how she's extremely observant of her surroundings.

The idea that the Straw Hats "don't need" haki also makes no sense. The fact that any encounter with a logia would be an automatic loss for them is appalling. Imagine if Caribou had actually been smarter and didn't get contained in a barrel during the trip to Fishman Island when the M3 got separated from the ship. The entire rest of the crew would have powerless against him.
There's also how they literally couldn't even touch Kizaru when he was casually charging up an execution move for Zoro and taunting them back at Sabaoby. The fact that it wouldn't have really made a difference since it was Kizaru doesn't matter; that kind of helplessness when their crewmate's life was seriously in danger should have been massive motivation to learn CoA or otherwise have the means to consistently handle logias.
It took Luffy, a haki genius, serious training to learn Haki after already awakening CoC/CoO and arguably CoA against BB.
Closed door training isn't the best approach to learn haki, as can be seen how quickly Luffy learnt FS and Ryuo through practical combat.