My Hero Academia - Chapter 301 : Careless Handling of Fire - Part 1

Rate this chapter

• Total voters

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Still Endeavor can't be explained for what he did but I'm glad we are more in depth about Touya.

As I discussed in the spoilers we were set to believe that Endeavor trained MMA on his son. That he literally beat the living fuck out of Touya and as we know now it wasn't Touya who received that kind of treatment.

To me Dabi is a fucking emo teenager who got pissed because Daddy didn't give him attention.

Nothing explains Endeavor but also nothing speaks for Dabi's benefit in my opinion.

Fuck Dabi.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Good chapter !

Todoroki family chapters always deliver, and next week we will have the end of it with Dabi "kiiling" himself etc.

Here we can clearly see Endeavor obsession with All might becoming stronger and stronger.

He never hit or hurt Touya physically but he still hurt him mentally. Thinking Touya would quit when Endeavor was still obsessed with AM and made children to replace him is crazy.

When you're raised as single focus of your dad, when he gave you all his attention, trust his dream into you, telling you that you will succeed and suddendly you didn't train with him anymore, don't really look for him again, start making other children to fulfil that dream etc. And then Shoto was born. Touya was bound to explode.

Endeavor banked on the idea that this unborn golden child was gonna come in and fix everything lmao

Instead of actually helping his son, Endeavors decided the best course of action is to make a stronger child that would force Toya to give up. Even Rei points out how stupid that is but he says they have no choice. Honestly, this whole idea here was just a convenient excuse (for himself and his wife) to continue his eugenics plan so he can beat All Might.

I don't get how people walk away form this thinking this lessens his fault lol

Endeavor's obsession with surpassing All-Might poisoned the Todoroki family dynamic. Toya really wanted to make his father proud but was cursed with incompatible genes. That being said, Rei didn't do anything to help her first born son, she just let her son literally burn himself alive. I wonder if technology or support items could helped Touya with his condition

Last edited:
Dabi has a lot to answer for, he was warned and Endeavor did try his best to stop him directly and noticed Dabi had the same relentless lust for power he did and would never stop he tried to stop him indirectly.
Yes craving power is bad (though not anywhere near as bad as the actual villains of this story in any way), but Endeavor did try his best in his own way to remedy the situation.
Dabi attacking a baby is inexcusable, at any age.

As I discussed in the spoilers we were set to believe that Endeavor trained MMA on his son. That he literally beat the living fuck out of Touya and as we know now it wasn't Touya who received that kind of treatment.
Nothing suggests that was the case. In fact, literally the opposite was suggested. In his monologue, Toya wasn't angry with Endeavour for beating him, he was angry for being rejected by Endeavour and tossed aside for someone else.

Don't know where you got the idea he beat up Toya from.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Mommy Fubuki!
โ€Ž
Both Dabi and Endeavor are at fault here. Endy's hero obsession is what makes Touya become who he is. And Touya got jealous that he didn't exceed his father's expectation hence why he attacked the baby.:kayneshrug:

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
The story pushed dabi as the "consequence of endeavor past crime", but for me it would make sense if shoto was who talked that. Endeavor was concerned when dabi injured himself from using his quirk. Endeavor wasn't totally abandoning his son
Touya is fucked up.
Fuck him. He made it look as he got the worse out of the family.

In reality it was Shoto.

Interesting chapter.

The official title of the chapter makes it explicitly clear that this is Endeavour's doing, and relates to his failure to stem the ambition he planted in his own son.

Toya knew that Endeavour was merely having children so he could have them fulfill his ambition, and Toya was upset that he couldn't live up to the expectation that Endeavour had conceived him for.