Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Average

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wasn't crazy about the chapter. Learning more about One For All and it's previous users is pretty interesting though. I didn't know All-Might had One for All for 40 years, pretty surprising (though I'm sure it was probably hinted at or outright stated and I forgot). It's nice seeing what the previous users were like but I won't lie, I'm more curious about Overall's currents state (is he gonna get new hands or adapt to his feet or something?).

So, this is just info dump chapter. To be honest, i don't like how deku conveniently was just suitable to hold one for all quirk. This just instantly involves the dillema and personal conflict from him to hold the quirk. In my opinion, it would be better if at least deku has some kind of resolve to prove that he is worth to be ofa holder compared to the other quirk holders

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
So, this is just info dump chapter. To be honest, i don't like how deku conveniently was just suitable to hold one for all quirk. This just instantly involves the dillema for him to hold the quirk.
I don't like too how Horikoshi wrote himself out of the plot point : how Deku will keep OFA when everyone will know about the secret ?

I would have preffered some political struggle. Some people asking endeavor to hold OFA. Some person trying to arrest Deku. The public opinion etc

We can still have some intresting parts but now it is lessened.

Zowo

cry
β€Ž
I don't like too how Horikoshi wrote himself out of the plot point : how Deku will keep OFA when everyone will know about the secret ?

I would have preffered some political struggle. Some people asking endeavor to hold OFA. Some person trying to arrest Deku. The public opinion etc

We can still have some intresting parts but now it is lessened.
meanwhile i hope leku dies

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
In the broader sense this chapter makes absolute sense

If you would remember, Overhaul stated that quirks become more and more powerful. OFA isn't exception here.

Lets say Deku transfers OFA to someone else. Another quirkless kid. That kid would be able to hold OFA like Deku but his power would rise and rise bcs as we know OFA is all about transferring power. It would come to the point that even if you give it to quirkless people only the sheer amount of raw power OFA would have could break someones body or worse. Hell it could be a mini nuke

And that's if you give it to quirkless people

Now imagine if you keep giving it to people with quirks. That same raw power would grow even higher and could potentially be a even stronger nuke.

All in all vestiges are right. OFA is too strong. But i don't think Deku will the last. Someone will be number 10.
Post automatically merged:

If you already had a quirk and get OFA your body won't be able to handle it for too long, but it's ok that Deku gets 7 more quirks and is not gonna explode? :okay:
Yes. Because Deku is quirkless

People with quirks have a strain on their body. Putting OFA in them just emboldens that strain higher
Quirkless people don't have that same strain and their bodies can hold it longer

Really big info dump chapter which I don't necessarily mind. Still zero idea why those two mysterious vestiges are the only two hiding in the back, when there are two chairs empty to the right of Deku. Still seems fishy to me. I am curious though if with this newest chapter, if this deconfirms the Dekus original quirk was stolen theory. Since we're told people with a quirk have their cup filled, and adding OFA on top of it causes it to overflow and crack. Though this would depend entirely on the fact if the cup remains filled after the fact, though I would assume that that genetic material would still be there possibly causing issues? I'd definitely like more solid confirmation on that, because to me it's hard to tell if this theory has finally been debunked or not. I feel like we got decent answers, and Horikoshi can still expand upon that when people find out. Just because Deku can't transfer it, doesn't mean people aren't going to still possibly lash out at him or try and get him to transfer it to others.

People never like to take no for an answer, and since it's pretty much a sure thing people are going to find out, I can't imagine anyone taking it quietly that the fate of the country is resting on the hands of a highschool boy. "You have a quirk with multiple other quirks that allows you to transfer it? Give it to Endeaver! Give it back to All Might" and while we know the risks and what can and can't be done with the quirk, other people don't. That or they are going to be fearful since they are catching on that it's related to AFO. Makes me at least still excited to see where else this is going to end up going.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
β€Ž
Really big info dump chapter which I don't necessarily mind. Still zero idea why those two mysterious vestiges are the only two hiding in the back, when there are two chairs empty to the right of Deku. Still seems fishy to me. I am curious though if with this newest chapter, if this deconfirms the Dekus original quirk was stolen theory. Since we're told people with a quirk have their cup filled, and adding OFA on top of it causes it to overflow and crack. Though this would depend entirely on the fact if the cup remains filled after the fact, though I would assume that that genetic material would still be there possibly causing issues? I'd definitely like more solid confirmation on that, because to me it's hard to tell if this theory has finally been debunked or not. I feel like we got decent answers, and Horikoshi can still expand upon that when people find out. Just because Deku can't transfer it, doesn't mean people aren't going to still possibly lash out at him or try and get him to transfer it to others.

People never like to take no for an answer, and since it's pretty much a sure thing people are going to find out, I can't imagine anyone taking it quietly that the fate of the country is resting on the hands of a highschool boy. "You have a quirk with multiple other quirks that allows you to transfer it? Give it to Endeaver! Give it back to All Might" and while we know the risks and what can and can't be done with the quirk, other people don't. That or they are going to be fearful since they are catching on that it's related to AFO. Makes me at least still excited to see where else this is going to end up going.
Really ? You don't think the one with light spikey hair with gauntlets on looks familiar ?

Really ? You don't think the one with light spikey hair with gauntlets on looks familiar ?
Oh no, I 100% do. I was talking about it earlier in the spoilers discussion, and was trying to more not repeat an exact comment I was posting in there to come off as beating a dead horse. So I was leaving it purposefully vague to avoid that. Kind of why I put in that I think it's weird that everyone there is shown, except two who are choosing to stay hidden in the back, despite there being two chairs clearly empty on the right. I think with this the theory has more ground, because to me it does seem like too much of a coincidence to not be intentional. At least for gauntlet boy in the back.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
β€Ž
Oh no, I 100% do. I was talking about it earlier in the spoilers discussion, and was trying to more not repeat an exact comment I was posting in there to come off as beating a dead horse. So I was leaving it purposefully vague to avoid that. Kind of why I put in that I think it's weird that everyone there is shown, except two who are choosing to stay hidden in the back, despite there being two chairs clearly empty on the right. I think with this the theory has more ground, because to me it does seem like too much of a coincidence to not be intentional. At least for gauntlet boy in the back.
It just means the other one is someone we know as well like bakugo and he doesn't want to show us the face yet

Yes. Because Deku is quirkless

People with quirks have a strain on their body. Putting OFA in them just emboldens that strain higher
Quirkless people don't have that same strain and their bodies can hold it longer
We are talking about 7 quirks + OFA...that just doesn't make any sense.
You also have the Nomu's who are modified humans, because normal Humans would not be able to hold many quirks - which Deku just now contradicts.

If you had one quirk and get OFA and that would be too much just because of the one quirk you always had - how does this make sense, that a person who doesn't have a quirk could hold 7 quirks + OFA?

So this was a fantastic chapter.

You really gotta hand it to Hirokoshi and writers like him who can write great exposition scenes. This is an area where most writers tend to stumble and people rarely appreciate when it's done well. So he deserves props for that.

Something to note here is that the spoilers made it sound like Deku was definitively the last holder of One For All but in the actual chapter it's just treated as a possibility. So Deku might not be the last holder he just has to choose someone who doesn't have a Quirk. Only people with no quirk are suited to wield this power.

But since OFA has filled up so much that it seems like it's overflowing I think it's possible that OFA might lose some of the Quirks that it stores. If OFA is to continue being passed down that might mean some of the existing users might have to disappear.

Like Maybe theres a scenario where Deku gets hit with a Quirk erasing Bullet and instead of losing OFA, OFA just loses one of the quirks within it. Makes sense since OFA is just a container. So it's not hard to imagine some of the Quirks within it being removed or maybe even stolen by All For One. Maybe he finds a way to snatch one of the abilities away. Hell maybe thats how Deku clears up space in OFA. Shigaraki steals some of his Quirks. Or better yet since the story is about Deku finding a way to save Shigaraki when no Hero did before maybe at the end of the story both All For One and One For All learn to work together instead of opposing one another. AFO removes all the extra Quirks from OFA so that it can keep passing on without getting too full. AFO can also be used to solve that Quirk Singularity problem by removing Quirks from people who don't want them and making sure people without Quirks will always exist. Thus avoiding society being over saturated with Quirks and ensuring OFA always having someone to be passed on to.

In my view, even if Deku masters these Quirks I don't see him keeping them in the end. I think it'd be more fitting for their spirits to finally be laid to rest once their struggle against AFO is finally over.

Thats just my thoughts on where the story is headed.

Last edited: