My Hero Academia Chapter 307 : Long Time No See

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
It's a 1 year timeskip right? Or is it just some months since those dudes used to be in second year but are shown to be in 3rd now. Either way, interesting-ish events are going down with the citizens continuing to trust the heroes less and less. I'm glad we get to see more of Muscular already even if it'll be him getting beat by Deku for the second time but I liked that last panel quite a bit.

Last edited:
It's a 1 year timeskip right? Or is it just some months since those dudes used to be in second year but are shown to be in 3rd now. Either way, interesting-ish events are going down with the citizens continuing to trust the heroes less and less. I'm glad we get to see more of Mudcular already even if it'll be him getting beat by Deku for the second time but I liked that last panel quite a bit.
No, school years in japan start at april. So only few weeks have passed

Okay, awesome, we are getting more insight on civilians. I love the fact we are getting more of civilians just choosing to rather do things themselves, and it does seem like it's not just going to be a pointless plot thread where everyone was like "Nah, heroes are good". We are seeing the backlash, and being shown even more how this is going to possibly be dangerous for civilians that aren't going to rely on heroes but fight themselves. Like, all those citizens would have been killed instantly had they not been stopped and gone against Muscular. Especially since there are definitely going to probably be more citizens that overestimate their abilities, and we do get a lot of civilian casualties.

Deku looks freaking epic with his hood, the cape, and the tattered clothing. Really hope the hood is something that continues to stay, because I really freaking love it. It just adds another layer of awesome when Horikoshi can just do that epic shading of his eyes keeping them obscured, where you know you've majorly screwed yourself over by getting the MC angry. Normally they can do that affect with the hair too, but for me, it just hits differently when it's a hood or hat or something doing it. Like when Luffy is angry and just his eyes are obscured by shadow. I always love artistic details like that. Plus his iron mask is up as well, instead of looking like it's hanging loosely around his neck. His finally actually utilizing and wearing parts of his costume that he has almost NEVER worn or made use of.

I'm curious if that's just meant to be a regular dust cloud, or if Deku maybe has another quirk that he has access too. We were told he couldn't call upon the 2nd and 3rd because they hadn't acknowledged him, but we know En the 6th user had since he was in the chair. So does Deku now after conversing with the vestiges, possibly have access to at least quirk number 6 now? That dust cloud surrounding him almost screams wind related quirk too me, because it's literally surrounding him almost like a tornado. Almost like he's appearing from inside of it. Maybe that's just me though, and it is just an ordinary dust cloud. Just interesting cause it literally seems to be fully surrounding him both times we see Deku in this chapter.

Shindo didn't put up much of a fight, but that's too be expected. Seems like maybe they are because UA is now a safe haven, and their school possibly was shut down. Hard to say for sure, since they said they had a report and are clearly being warned to get out of there when Muscular was on his way. Though they were warned by only Makabe and Itejiro, so two students and not a teacher or anything. That might be worth paying attention too, since you would think a teacher or someone higher up would be delivering that type of information. Going to need more information I guess before we know for sure, but at least we know where Deku is now compared to before when we didn't have too much of an idea.

I guess Horikoshi felt obligated to reintroduce Shindo since he made it into the top ten but damn I expected a better showing then this. Also really weird to see Deku bridal carrying Shindo. But this chapter is a terrible reminder that the hero students have to pick up the slack and shoulder the blame from the civilians for the Professional Heroes' mistakes. I'm hoping we get to see Deku unveil on of the new quirks he has in his arsenal.