My Hero Academia - Chapter 356 : Know Your Enemy

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
How can you rate an Endy chapter as bad :kriwhat: ??
It's not that the chapter was bad. I just didn't like the dialogue. It's not endevour's fault he wasn't the chosen one. All might and diku are useless with that op quirk, Endeavor shouldn't compare himself to cheaters.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
It's not that the chapter was bad. I just didn't like the dialogue. It's not endevour's fault he wasn't the chosen one. All might and diku are useless with that op quirk, Endeavor shouldn't compare himself to cheaters.
Yeah but obviously Endy compared himself to AM : first he didn't know about OFA etc, and AM was the best head and shoulders for 20/30 years.

So Endy chose hard work and hate to keep moving.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
Yeah but obviously Endy compared himself to AM : first he didn't know about OFA etc, and AM was the best head and shoulders for 20/30 years.

So Endy chose hard work and hate to keep moving.
Yes, got to respect his dedication, but now he should wake up. Leave them cheaters as they are, and continue on in his own path.

Through hard work as usual, but without torturing himself with an unattainable benchmark, because those benchmarks were and are made by fruads.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Yes, got to respect his dedication, but now he should wake up. Leave them cheaters as they are, and continue on in his own path.

Through hard work as usual, but without torturing himself with an unattainable benchmark, because those benchmarks were and are made by fruads.
I think Endy is now past that. Ever since he became number one he became to change. He saw AM real frail form, he saw Deku struggle and young age, and his own family problems. I think he doesn't really torture himself with that anymore. Now it's atonement time.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
I think Endy is now past that. Ever since he became number one he became to change. He saw AM real frail form, he saw Deku struggle and young age, and his own family problems. I think he doesn't really torture himself with that anymore. Now it's atonement time.
He pretty much discarded trying to turn over a new leaf this chap.

It's the dialogue that's cringe not the development.

All Might's strength is his own. OFA was not a terribly powerful quirk when All Might recieved it. Gran Torino used to treat All Might like a punching bag back in the day. OFA only became a monstrous power thanks to All Might being insanely gifted from the get go and making the most of expanding the power given to him.

But yeah, Endeavour can't compete with All Might. The fact he recognizes that is good. I also really loved how this chapter tied a typically heroic character trait in shonen like stubborness, and made it both Endeavour's greatest strength and the thing that has destroyed his life.

Actually I'm fine with Endeavor comparing himself with to Am but Deku? NAH. Deku for me even though has done a lot to prove himself but simply doesn't has the AM more than life aura that Endeavor strives to achieve.
Post automatically merged:

Also Hirokoshi never disappoints whenever it comes to Tokoyami. He has been consistently portrayed him to be one of top future heroes. It makes me so happy to see Tokoyami shine everytime.

Endeavor is really the only character I feel like that has actual weight/burden on his shoulders. So him overcoming challenges always feels more rewarding as a reader. And while the writing around him isn't the best, it's still more interesting than with Deku.

It looks like AFO sort of blocked the attack but his mask looks fried, will interesting to see if this fight goes beyond next chapter.