My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 1 - "All Hands on Deck! Class 1-A"

Rate The Episode!!

• Total voters

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Lol, it's already the time for it? Jeez.

I will watch it soon. I assume it's similar to Episode 1 of Season 4 where it was a bit non-canon mixed with canon flashbacks of what happened previously and etc right?

I know it's a filler episode, but I didn't realize Mineta's grapes could stretch (opens up more potential for him if so). Episode was pretty boring otherwise, wasn't even much of a training scenario.

Episode 2 snippet at the end looks dope, just wished anime Dabi looked more like he does in the manga. lol

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yeah...nah.

I really, really don't like Monoma personally. I think his easily the most obnoxious character in the series. Like, worse than Mineta.

Maybe this season will change my opinion on that.
Haha we already had this debate on NF, you know I like the guy, refreshing, fun, great trashtalker, smart, cool powers, nice with his own etc

Monoma superstar !!

this season should hopefully be only 12 episodes, anymore than that will be a slog
It will most likely have 25 episodes. To date S1 is the only season to have 12, which was more than likely a test to see how this would ultimately fair. Due to the overwhelming popularity, following seasons have all been 25 episodes, so season 5 is most likely going to follow this pattern. In regards to animation though, we are probably going to have to expect this season to have mid animation at least until probably the latter part of the season. It's still early to tell, but last time a movie was worked on, and things were kind of split we got kind of poor animation early on until the end. Since we have the 3rd movie being worked on currently releasing in August, safe to say that will probably remain the case for this season as well. We'll have to wait probably a few more episodes until we get some more action, but don't count on the animation being spectacular since it probably went towards the movie if I had to guess.

Haha we already had this debate on NF, you know I like the guy, refreshing, fun, great trashtalker, smart, cool powers, nice with his own etc

Monoma superstar !!
I don't think his refreshing at all. His a shittier version of Bakugo, with absolutely no hype to back him up. Like, if he actually moved past being such a shit faced idiot, I may actually grow to care for him, but right now, I think his easily he most annoying and stupid character in the series in how moronically petty he is.

It will most likely have 25 episodes. To date S1 is the only season to have 12, which was more than likely a test to see how this would ultimately fair. Due to the overwhelming popularity, following seasons have all been 25 episodes, so season 5 is most likely going to follow this pattern. In regards to animation though, we are probably going to have to expect this season to have mid animation at least until probably the latter part of the season. It's still early to tell, but last time a movie was worked on, and things were kind of split we got kind of poor animation early on until the end. Since we have the 3rd movie being worked on currently releasing in August, safe to say that will probably remain the case for this season as well. We'll have to wait probably a few more episodes until we get some more action, but don't count on the animation being spectacular since it probably went towards the movie if I had to guess.
they should only be adapting the Joint Training Arc (Class A vs Class B) unless they're seriously considering adapting the
Paranormal Liberation War Arc as well
in the next 12-13 episodes, which personally based on this 1st episode would be really bad

I know these seasonal anime formats loves adapting 5-6 chapters per episode (unlike One Piece for years with 1 chapter:1 episode), but at least for this arc they need to take it easy. Last thing you wanna do is do the same shit as Yakusoku no Neverland/The Promised Neverland and adapt the entire manga's end in just 11 episodes (from Chapter 38 to 181), which still blows my fucking mind

they should only be adapting the Joint Training Arc (Class A vs Class B) unless they're seriously considering adapting the
in the next 12-13 episodes, which personally based on this 1st episode would be really bad

I know these seasonal anime formats loves adapting 5-6 chapters per episode (unlike One Piece for years with 1 chapter:1 episode), but at least for this arc they need to take it easy. Last thing you wanna do is do the same shit as Yakusoku no Neverland/The Promised Neverland and adapt the entire manga's end in just 11 episodes (from Chapter 38 to 181), which still blows my fucking mind
I think the MHA anime does just generally adapt a lot each season. Like, in 88 episodes, it adapted nearly 190 full chapters. That's nearly 50 chapters a season on average.

I think they could easily get through the JT training arc in 12 episodes or even less. Those chapters were heavily action focused, and a lot of them tended to be shorter in terms of page count, so getting through them shouldn't be impossible in under 12 episodes.

While this is true, it's also important to keep in mind the movie appears to be taking artistic liberties and adding a new story to the
Endeaver training arc
which takes place after. The thing is, My Hero Academia is a HUGE cash cow and the popularity of it is honestly staggering. Due to the fact we've gotten information on the movie though, canon or not, we can still see that there's a span of time where this movie is probably trying to take place. Current arc for instance will have about 23 chapters adapted, meanwhile the arc after has 22 chapters. Meaning they can easily adapt both arcs with about 12 episodes a piece, leaving episode 25 for pure setup into season 6. So 12 episodes is pretty unlikely, and the fact we will probably get a mid animated 1st half and a better animated 2nd half since by the time the 2nd half comes the movie should be done with more people back on for the anime.