Versus Battle Naruto vs One Piece

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more?

• R1: Naruto

• R1: One Piece

• R2: Naruto

• R2: One piece

Results are only viewable after voting.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Last edited:
Main characters
-Side characters
-Villains
-Character designs
-Power system
-Story arcs
-Incorporation of themes
-Art
-Imagery
-Panelling
-Originality
-World building
- Characterization
-Enjoyment
- Etc.

part 1 was superior in everyway. one piece that is. both timeskips hurt the manga pretty badly but One Piece's timeskip tskes one piece down by a larger margrin. I use to read One Piece chapters like 4 times the day thsy realeased and stare at panels looking for secrets. now I dont even reread when a good translation comes out.
Post automatically merged:

overall im starting to see Naruro as the better experience feom first to last chapter.

I

Indigo

Naruto fights and villains shit on OP (with the exception of Blackbeard)

OP wins the rest

One Piece is better, but i enjoy Naruto more because it was my childhood and teenage years

In op I feel hype dies fast when important events happen (for me).

Back when I read Naruto the emotion was constant I remember.

I'll prefer OP only due having more of my favourite characters than Naruto.

Trying to give as much of a bias free response as i can. Everyone already knows that i vastly prefer Naruto.
Toss up really. Depends what you're into. One piece especially early on is very kids friendly. Strawhats finding each other and going to sea to chase their dreams while running into several adventures. Naruto is darker and the real plot shapes up much quicker with the intro of the Akatsuki very early on. Shippuden is straight to the point, Akatsuki vs Everyone while OP never lost the adventurous part.

Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Sakura > Strawhats, straight up. Much more likeable imo. The crew felt alive pre ts but post ts majority can't even be described as main characters any longer. Even Zoro was sidelined.

OP not a debate. Main reason why OP is so loved is because of all the groups Oda created outside of the main cast. Most of us stick around because we wanna see our favs do shit and not due to the plot being so thrilling. Admirals, Yonkou, Shichibukai etc. are amazing. The Konoha 11 was great in part 1 but absolutely trash in Shippuden.

Personal preference. Naruto for me. Part 1 Orochimaru/Evil Itachi were just the Goats. Tobi was one of the best/most intriguing villains in anime history to me. It went downhill when we found out who he really was.

Any OG Naruto fan remembers the Tobi is Adult Sasuke from the future theory?
God i loved that. People made up such amazing plot behind it. Kishi missed out.

Don't need to talk about Madara. Dude's Goated.

Aww tough. OP overall. More unique and versatile. We range from absolute goofball to edgelord with goofy character traits.

I prefer Chakra tbh. Definitely not good by all means but not as bad as Haki is.

Ohh another tough one. OP has amazing story arcs early on. Baratie, Arlong Park etc while Naruto has Sasuke's who in quality are better than all of OP's imo but i give the w to OP here.

Yeah, Oda gets that W.

Naruto for all three. I just preferred it personally

OP. You can't fake OP. Oda created one of the most unique pieces of fiction ever.

We all know the answer.

This can be toss up. Kishi picked out a couple favs and gave them a ton of characterization while Oda focuses on a lot more characters that get low-moderate build up in their character. I feel like OP is full off unnecessary characters. Could write off 50% of the cast and nobody would give a fuck.

Naruto by far. OP has been a great ride pre ts. All the arc formula were new, intriguing and exciting. Everything after that is copy and paste + trying to change some minor details so it isn't obvious. Nearly every Naruto arc is completely different, Kishi surely wasn't as lazy as Oda in that regard.

As a kid i wanted great battles and a few amazingly written individuals of the main cast i get emotionally attached too which is exactly what Naruto was for me. Hell i still tear up watching the scene where Konoha does a standing ovation for Naruto after beating Neji. I'm just much more invested in him and Sasuke than any MC of OP. Seriously i don't give a shit about any crew member.

I can see why anyone would go to each side but I'm definitely backing Naruto.

Honestly Naruto is just more enjoyable idk why, i watched both in my 20s so no nostalgia bias. But one piece has better story ig
--Naruto in everyway shape or form for me ; it holds a special place in my heart
Yeah there's just something about Naruto that makes me always want to come back to it and always reminisce about it...even if OP outdoes it in many ways I can't say I'll ever enjoy it more than I enjoy Naruto and at the end of the day that's pretty much all that matters because it's entertainment

Yeah there's just something about Naruto that makes me always want to come back to it and always reminisce about it...even if OP outdoes it in many ways I can't say I'll ever enjoy it more than I enjoy Naruto and at the end of the day that's pretty much all that matters because it's entertainment
i remember being grown ass adult and cry all over for emotional or hype moments when i watched Naruto for first time, nothing gonna top that for me ngl. One piece came close but not at that level

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Trying to give as much of a bias free response as i can. Everyone already knows that i vastly prefer Naruto.

Toss up really. Depends what you're into. One piece especially early on is very kids friendly. Strawhats finding each other and going to sea to chase their dreams while running into several adventures. Naruto is darker and the real plot shapes up much quicker with the intro of the Akatsuki very early on. Shippuden is straight to the point, Akatsuki vs Everyone while OP never lost the adventurous part.

Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Sakura > Strawhats, straight up. Much more likeable imo. The crew felt alive pre ts but post ts majority can't even be described as main characters any longer. Even Zoro was sidelined.

OP not a debate. Main reason why OP is so loved is because of all the groups Oda created outside of the main cast. Most of us stick around because we wanna see our favs do shit and not due to the plot being so thrilling. Admirals, Yonkou, Shichibukai etc. are amazing. The Konoha 11 was great in part 1 but absolutely trash in Shippuden.

Personal preference. Naruto for me. Part 1 Orochimaru/Evil Itachi were just the Goats. Tobi was one of the best/most intriguing villains in anime history to me. It went downhill when we found out who he really was.

Any OG Naruto fan remembers the Tobi is Adult Sasuke from the future theory?
God i loved that. People made up such amazing plot behind it. Kishi missed out.

Don't need to talk about Madara. Dude's Goated.

Aww tough. OP overall. More unique and versatile. We range from absolute goofball to edgelord with goofy character traits.

I prefer Chakra tbh. Definitely not good by all means but not as bad as Haki is.

Ohh another tough one. OP has amazing story arcs early on. Baratie, Arlong Park etc while Naruto has Sasuke's who in quality are better than all of OP's imo but i give the w to OP here.

Yeah, Oda gets that W.

Naruto for all three. I just preferred it personally

OP. You can't fake OP. Oda created one of the most unique pieces of fiction ever.

We all know the answer.

This can be toss up. Kishi picked out a couple favs and gave them a ton of characterization while Oda focuses on a lot more characters that get low-moderate build up in their character. I feel like OP is full off unnecessary characters. Could write off 50% of the cast and nobody would give a fuck.

Naruto by far. OP has been a great ride pre ts. All the arc formula were new, intriguing and exciting. Everything after that is copy and paste + trying to change some minor details so it isn't obvious. Nearly every Naruto arc is completely different, Kishi surely wasn't as lazy as Oda in that regard.

As a kid i wanted great battles and a few amazingly written individuals of the main cast i get emotionally attached too which is exactly what Naruto was for me. Hell i still tear up watching the scene where Konoha does a standing ovation for Naruto after beating Neji. I'm just much more invested in him and Sasuke than any MC of OP. Seriously i don't give a shit about any crew member.

I can see why anyone would go to each side but I'm definitely backing Naruto.
Good post.

Honestly Naruto is just more enjoyable idk why,
Yeah there's some je ne sais quoi aspect to Naruto that makes it so enjoyable and easy to get back into at all times.

-Plot: One Piece is a very plot driven manga so One Piece obviously beats Naruto in plot.

-Main characters: Naruto is a very character driven manga, so Naruto obviously beats One Piece in main cast.

-Side characters: Not even debatable, Naruto easily wins.

-Villains: Not even debatable, Naruto easily wins.

-Character designs: This is more subjective but I prefer One Piece designs.

-Power system: Not even debatable, Naruto easily wins.

-Story arcs: Not even debatable, Naruto easily wins.

-Incorporation of themes: Not even debatable, One Piece easily wins.

-Art: Not even debatable, One Piece easily wins.

-Imagery: Never thought of this but when I think of imagery Naruto definitely pops into my head so Naruto.

-Panelling: Not even debatable, Naruto easily wins. It's much easier to understand what is going on with Naruto paneling than One Piece

-Originality: Both miserably fail. Naruto basically copied HxH and OP copies everyone. WCI was plagiarism of Alice In Wonderland.

-World building: Not even debatable, One Piece easily wins.

-Characterization: Not even debatable, Naruto easily wins.

-Enjoyment: Subjective, but I prefer a character driven story over a plot driven story unless they both balance each other which Attack on Titan does really well in.

Final Results: Objectively, in terms of just purely writing, Naruto easily beats One Piece.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
-Plot: One Piece is a very plot driven manga so One Piece obviously beats Naruto in plot.

-Main characters: Naruto is a very character driven manga, so Naruto obviously beats One Piece in main cast.

-Side characters: Not even debatable, Naruto easily wins.

-Villains: Not even debatable, Naruto easily wins.

-Character designs: This is more subjective but I prefer One Piece designs.

-Power system: Not even debatable, Naruto easily wins.

-Story arcs: Not even debatable, Naruto easily wins.

-Incorporation of themes: Not even debatable, One Piece easily wins.

-Art: Not even debatable, One Piece easily wins.

-Imagery: Never thought of this but when I think of imagery Naruto definitely pops into my head so Naruto.

-Panelling: Not even debatable, Naruto easily wins. It's much easier to understand what is going on with Naruto paneling than One Piece

-Originality: Both miserably fail. Naruto basically copied HxH and OP copies everyone. WCI was plagiarism of Alice In Wonderland.

-World building: Not even debatable, One Piece easily wins.

-Characterization: Not even debatable, Naruto easily wins.

-Enjoyment: Subjective, but I prefer a character driven story over a plot driven story unless they both balance each other which Attack on Titan does really well in.

Final Results: Objectively, in terms of just purely writing, Naruto easily beats One Piece.
What's your favourite Naruto arc?

What's your favourite Naruto arc?
Dang that is a hard one, I never thought about that for some reason. I can tell you my favorite One Piece arc was Sabody, Amazon, Impel, Marine Ford and Ace/Luffy flashback but for Naruto? Probably granny chiyo arc when they went to go save Garaa because it was filled with great emotions in that arc. Also, of course Itachi vs Sasuke with Tobi narrating to Sasuke the backstory of itachi.

I like arcs that have an emotional impact instead of just hype moments which is why I like Naruto much more than One Piece.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Dang that is a hard one, I never thought about that for some reason. I can tell you my favorite One Piece arc was Sabody, Amazon, Impel, Marine Ford and Ace/Luffy flashback but for Naruto? Probably granny chiyo arc when they went to go save Garaa because it was filled with great emotions in that arc. Also, of course Itachi vs Sasuke with Tobi narrating to Sasuke the backstory of itachi.

I like arcs that have an emotional impact instead of just hype moments which is why I like Naruto much more than One Piece.
I enjoyed those as well. Sasori is one of my favourite characters in the story. And Itachi is my top 1 so anything with him is great lol.

I enjoyed those as well. Sasori is one of my favourite characters in the story. And Itachi is my top 1 so anything with him is great lol.
yep, the Itachi vs Sasuke had years and years of build up and hype and Kishimoto exceeded it imo. The reveal of Itachi true backstory I didn't see coming nor expect it at all and the fact that Tobi was narrating it made it even more epic. I am glad I wasn't in any forums back then because if I were it probably would have ruined the experience.