New One Piece Editor: Iwasaki Yuuji

I don't know if they'll have a say on Oda's vision as a whole, but I hope they're an observant fellow who will help him plug up the little mistakes that keep appearing too often.
A defeated prisoner just pulls out his legendary swords. He could use them to free himself and his subordinates, since he sets them free anyway. But nah.

Redo the panels and have somebody like Shinobu give Toki Oden's swords and message. Or just say the cage is unbreakable seastone.
Prometheus's first apperance since the Reverie arc. A speech bubble like "I flew right over to Onigashima from the ship as soon as Mama called me" fixes that.

Orochi forgot Hiyori is alive. You just fix that line of dialogue for the volume version.

Oda is not perfect. And these things don't affect the story very much, but it's still quite annoying to see them persistently show up when they can easily be fixed with basic editor oversight.

Do you guys know what the main role of the editor is?

It's to make sure the transcripts come in on time and doing all the admin stuff to get the chapters ready for publication.

Sure they can provide some suggestions to Oda every now and again or give their opinions but they don't really have that much say in the writing and direction of an established story like some people believe they do, especially when it comes to One Piece and Oda.

If Oda wants to do something, he'll do it.

It's to make sure the transcripts come in on time and doing all the admin stuff to get the chapters ready for publication.

Sure they can provide some suggestions to Oda every now and again or give their opinions but they don't really have that much say in the writing and direction of an established story like some people believe they do, especially when it comes to One Piece and Oda.

I remember back when his editor said the idea for Sabaody was lacking something ans it wasn't interesting enough. So Oda just pulled out the 11 Supernovae. That wasn't planned. But that's how far editors can have influence into the story. They didn't say "oh let's do this instead" but if something isn't as great they say it and Oda tries to make it better.

What @Sievas said. Also, I think there have been cases where the editors made him pull back stuff. Basically editors are like mods, they scan through your bullshit :milaugh:

I'm sure if there's a good editor he respects, they could do wonders.

Looks pretty young

Maybe he can force Oda to change some stuff
I feel like it's the opposite too. The other guy also forced Oda to do or change things he didn't want to and the younger guy will let Oda do what he wants or give him even better ideas. That's not to say that the inconsistencies with WCI/Wano were this editors fault entirely, but I can see him enabling/suggesting things that shouldn't have been.

What we need right now is a jumpstart to make the manga "strong" again for the next decade or so (however long it lasts)

I'm not sure what's the matter with this editors thing...

Can someone explain what will happen with One Piece?
Editors are responsible for a lot of stuff when it comes to mangaka or comics in general.
I am not sure if all what I say is correct but so far they:

- Decide with Oda if his scripts and storyboards for upcoming chapters are planned out well or if there's anything that could be done better. They are supposed to support Oda on story telling decisions. Say if they dislike or like something regarding the plot, or if some panels would look better when drawn differently, and if something is a problematic or sensitive topic on what to not bring in (I don't know if they had their influence on it but for example the relationship between Viola and Doflamingo wasn't included since it wasn't suited for a younger audience) or what I told above already

I remember back when his editor said the idea for Sabaody was lacking something ans it wasn't interesting enough. So Oda just pulled out the 11 Supernovae. That wasn't planned. But that's how far editors can have influence into the story. They didn't say "oh let's do this instead" but if something isn't as great they say it and Oda tries to make it better.
- I think they act as communicators between Oda, WSJ and Shueisha as well.
- They also do some marketing I think (for example when we see videos of them showing new volumes etc, and they are also responsible for upkeeping the official twitter and instagram I think)
- I also heard that some editors always slept with their phone in reach, that even if they sleep that Oda can call and ask questions

F

Fallen Prince

I don't know if they'll have a say on Oda's vision as a whole, but I hope they're an observant fellow who will help him plug up the little mistakes that keep appearing too often.
A defeated prisoner just pulls out his legendary swords. He could use them to free himself and his subordinates, since he sets them free anyway. But nah.

Redo the panels and have somebody like Shinobu give Toki Oden's swords and message. Or just say the cage is unbreakable seastone.
Prometheus's first apperance since the Reverie arc. A speech bubble like "I flew right over to Onigashima from the ship as soon as Mama called me" fixes that.

Orochi forgot Hiyori is alive. You just fix that line of dialogue for the volume version.

Oda is not perfect. And these things don't affect the story very much, but it's still quite annoying to see them persistently show up when they can easily be fixed with basic editor oversight.
Yacant believe he didnt tell biggest betryal of orochis subordinate was kyoshiro.

Why didnt kanjuro say anything about it ?

T

The Penguin

Editors are responsible for a lot of stuff when it comes to mangaka or comics in general.
I am not sure if all what I say is correct but so far they:

- Decide with Oda if his scripts and storyboards for upcoming chapters are planned out well or if there's anything that could be done better. They are supposed to support Oda on story telling decisions. Say if they dislike or like something regarding the plot, or if some panels would look better when drawn differently, and if something is a problematic or sensitive topic on what to not bring in (I don't know if they had their influence on it but for example the relationship between Viola and Doflamingo wasn't included since it wasn't suited for a younger audience) or what I told above already

- I think they act as communicators between Oda, WSJ and Shueisha as well.
- They also do some marketing I think (for example when we see videos of them showing new volumes etc, and they are also responsible for upkeeping the official twitter and instagram I think)
- I also heard that some editors always slept with their phone in reach, that even if they sleep that Oda can call and ask questions
Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about all of this.