Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'm confident in Carrot joining the crew. Her role on the crew would be lookout. Carrot perfectly fits the role that Luffy wants for lookout position
in chapter 304

Sbs 74
D: I would like to know the Straw Hats' bed times and wake up times!
And thus, even during instances where they have to navigate through the seas during nighttime, there will always need to be at least two people awake at all times in order to keep an eye out in both the front and back directions of the ship, hence every member alternates every 2 hours to stay on the lookout. It isn't too uncommon that these people don't get sufficient sleep.

Carrot irregular sleep would be useful to the crew. Inherited will is one of the main theme of one piece. Strawhats will accomplish what their predecessors couldn't do. Luffy become pk and defeat WG, Roger sickness probably prevented him from doing so, Zoro becoming the greatest Swordman (Kuina Sword), Zeff didn't find the all blue, Hiriluk couldn't make the panacea etc. She inherited the will of Pedro, who was waiting for the dawn of the world.Pedro was rejected by roger to let him join his crew in order to help bring about the dawn,Carrot will be the one to fulfill it by joining strawhats.

No new grand fleet member. Sure they'll be more allies down the line,but these 7 ,will be the only one to consist the grand fleet.

1) Having the potential and becoming the cream of the crop on your field (Sanji-cooking,Nami-navigating etc)

2) The relationship with Luffy. (Meaningful) interactions with Luffy and having Luffy above the rest on the crew.

Someone like Viola, for example ,fits the first criteria . For lookout ,amazing . You can't ask for someone better thanks to the ability of her DF. But second criteria ? Big No.

Tama for example fit the second criteria but she can't do anything if she joins the crew. (Not to mention she is a kid,but I wanted to show with interactions.)

Someone like Carrot, lacks both .
Interaction wise ,she has better relationship with Chopper and the Zou Team than with Luffy as she spent more time with them .. Plus she got 2+arcs now and she got less meaningful interactions than Tama with Luffy..

From current Wano characters ,none fits both criteria.

To be honest none should join the crew outside of Jinbe. It really doesn't feel right to have someone join after this , especially considering how close to the ending we are . Not to mention it is kind of foolish not to have the full crew ,when in End of the arc Luffy will reach a certain milestone and surely be considered a great pirate..
The only reason to consider that someone will join, is because Luffy wanted 10 crew members from the start and BB has 10 titanic captains.
Viola with her DF, joins as a lookout sucks imo. Because it's like cheating, same with Mansherry joining as doctor.

Will be better if the sniper from Blackbeards killing her, gets her DF and become a sniper with clairvoyance. Would be the ultimate challenge for Usopp.

H

Haoshoku

Someone like Carrot, lacks both
I think Carrot got the lookout shit going for her. But is woeful when it comes to interactions between her and Luffy. Its going to be hard to see how Oda fits her into the picture without taking a twist like her being the traitor to create a potential interaction with Luffy that matters during the arc.

A

ardym

for sure Carrot is most likely one to join the crew as a member , Momo would go to raftel either way but he is not as strong as his father there is one person he would be able to take Oden's postion that would be Law he doesn't have to be a subordinate of Luffy and really Luffy really likes Law so i see him to join him to Raftel , it is something that would make even Law happy , he knows that only Luffy has the means to go there , the strawhats treat him as a friend.
another one Luffy might ask is Marco , Law , Marco and Jinbe are the people wanted to thank the most after the TS
we know Jinbe is already a strawhat
Law is like a strawhat since more than 300 chapters , i cannot say how Oda is gonna avoid letting him join the crew
he was there as they read the PG , he witnessed the VOAT , he might look hard on the outside but i think he really likes Luffy as well , he will witness as well that Luffy get Kaido PG as well and will know that Luffy has BM as well. he already expressed question about the meaning of the D. he even asked Sengoku about it. he knows of the kozuki connetion to the AK , and he knows for sure that being with Luffy is the best way to get the answer to his question
I think Oda really decided that Law will be always there with Luffy till the end , otherwise he will not give him the same amount of presence time since as the strawhat since the TS.
and really i can see Luffy asks Marco at the end of the arc as well to join him and i am pretty sure that Marco will be in the fight against the BB as well . so it would be logical to have him join you can say as friend , member or ally it doesn't matter.

for new Crew member:
Carrot is possible but in Wano she has less panel time than some side character
Momo also is Possible But he is kid and SHP is an small crew i don't think they will get an apprentice Like Roger Pirates

i like to be new Crew members are: (i don't care it make sense or not)
1. Law he Was With SHP since PH it's hard to not see him with out SHP
2. Marco

For SHP GF
Carrot as Captain of Mink
Momo as symbolic Leader or One of 9RS as Leader of Samurai and Ninja
Aladin and FMP
Marco as and Remaining of WBP
Tama and Her Smile Squad (i think She will tame alot of Smile User in this arc)

A

ardym

1. Law he Was With SHP since PH it's hard to not see him with out SHP
2. Marco
both of them make sense even if they don't call Luffy captain they might join
Marco has a bone to pick with BB , and Luffy is gonna fight him sooner or later
and Law wants to know about the D. and he knows that Luffy is only one who can go to Laugh tale.
just like Jinbei he might asked them , by all of them Jinbei , Marco and Law were the ones who rescue him in MF

both of them make sense even if they don't call Luffy captain they might join
Marco has a bone to pick with BB , and Luffy is gonna fight him sooner or later
and Law wants to know about the D. and he knows that Luffy is only one who can go to Laugh tale.
just like Jinbei he might asked them , by all of them Jinbei , Marco and Law were the ones who rescue him in MF
it's true
but some people say law is luffy's rival (i don't see it) and marco is to strong (i don't think it's a problem because after wano they all of SHP will be way Stronger) and etc.

A

ardym

For one law doesn't want to join. If law doesn't want to it won't happen
he wants to know about the D history and he knows that Luffy and his crew aare going to be the ones who will be able to reveal it , he saw Luffy's hearing Zoo , he knows that Robin is the only one who can read the PGs and she is Luffy's crewmate he will know that they already has 3 RPGs . so i don't see he will join them as a member but more he will accompany them to Raftel just to know. so he will be on the ship till the end of the serie more or less

Carrot will never come for me.
Each crew member stands out from the others, both in design and in fighting style, while Carrot is too similar to Chopper, both in design and in fighting style.
Both: they are men-beasts, fight hand to hand, transform and can jump in the same way.

In addition, each member of the crew is linked to an element:
Luffy- wind
Zoro- darkness
Sanji- fire
Franky- metal
Robin- (I don't know)
Brook- spirit (I think)
Usop- nature
Nami- lightning
Chopper- earth (I think)
Jimbe- water

In all this, Carrot does not add anything, since his electrical attacks are also associated with Nami's lightning.

Carrot will never come for me.
Each crew member stands out from the others, both in design and in fighting style, while Carrot is too similar to Chopper, both in design and in fighting style.
Both: they are men-beasts, fight hand to hand, transform and can jump in the same way.

In addition, each member of the crew is linked to an element:
Luffy- wind
Zoro- darkness
Sanji- fire
Franky- metal
Robin- (I don't know)
Brook- spirit (I think)
Usop- nature
Nami- lightning
Chopper- earth (I think)
Jimbe- water

In all this, Carrot does not add anything, since his electrical attacks are also associated with Nami's lightning.
Here’s mine:

Luffy-Fire
Zoro-Wind
Sanji-Fire
Nami-Weather
Usopp-Nature
Chopper-N/A
Robin-N/A
Brook-Ice
Franky-Metal
Jinbei-Water
and for Carrot-Lightening

That’s how it’s done

Here’s mine:

Luffy-Fire
Zoro-Wind
Sanji-Fire
Nami-Weather
Usopp-Nature
Chopper-N/A
Robin-N/A
Brook-Ice
Franky-Metal
Jinbei-Water
and for Carrot-Lightening

That’s how it’s done
Luffy is certainly of the Wind element, since he is approached several times to Fuijin, the Japanese wind god.
The same clash between Luffy and Enel is a tribute to the clash between Raijin, the god of thunder, and Fuijin, the god of wind.

The same Naruto and Sasuke, with their clash, also pay homage to this Mythological clash.

For Brook, I admit I was wrong: its element is ice.

For Nami, it is true that he can also manipulate weather conditions, but 90% of his shots have been made of lightning, for 15 years.
I repeat that Carrot would add nothing to the crew.

If we really want to say it all: someone is missing a poison element. If Carrot use poison attacks, instead of thunders, this discussion would have made more sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.