Questions & Mysteries Nika was as much of a "God" as the Lunarian's and Celestial Dragons are.

You know I think people have been so wrapped up over the reveal of "Nika the Sun God" that nobody has really stopped to even realize that Oda has practically spoon fed us the answer behind Nika's "God" perception.

The concept of "Gods" in One Piece, has never been about Omnipotent, intangible entities. In every instance that we've seen, it's always been about characters who are either self proclaimed "Gods", i.e the Celestial Dragons, and Enel, or characters with special abilities that are viewed as "Gods" by other characters.

A very good argument can be made that the concept of Nika being some kind of "God" is actually in the same vain as the other "Gods" we've seen in One Piece. The man wasn't really some omnipotent being, but rather through his exploits of liberating and saving the people he came across, he came to be viewed as one. This is 100 percent more inline with everything Oda has been telling us about "Gods" this entire time. Sure people can make the argument about Nika's abilities being a "Devil Fruit", but the fact remains that we don't even know how Devil Fruits came into existence.

It seems like there is a much deeper underling message that Oda is going for here with his concept of "Gods" in the story, and it seems that now that we are fast approaching EoS, it is all starting to come to light.

I think you are wrong on this one. The fruit is a mythical fruit. Those bring about animals that only exit in folklore, stories and legends whether religious or cultural.
Like Phoenix don't exist in one piece but Marco's fruit makes him able to turn into one. Same logic applies to Yamato and Devon fruits. The type of dog powers they have only exists in stories.
I forgot if Kaido's fruit was a mythical one but it should also follow the same logic.
Nika should be a god like figure in one of the religions of the one piece races (thinking Merfolk). The devil fruit makes makes Luffy able to manifest his powers.

Ask Oda.
Buddha devil fruit and Nika are god fruits. It is in their title.
My point exactly. We don't know.

But the thing about Nika, is he is spoken about as if he was some real life flesh and blood individual, who went around liberating people. Kind of hard to gain that reputation, if he was omnipotent concept who lives outside the bounds of reality, don't you think?

You know I think people have been so wrapped up over the reveal of "Nika the Sun God" that nobody has really stopped to even realize that Oda has practically spoon fed us the answer behind Nika's "God" perception.

The concept of "Gods" in One Piece, has never been about Omnipotent, intangible entities. In every instance that we've seen, it's always been about characters who are either self proclaimed "Gods", i.e the Celestial Dragons, and Enel, or characters with special abilities that are viewed as "Gods" by other characters.

A very good argument can be made that the concept of Nika being some kind of "God" is actually in the same vain as the other "Gods" we've seen in One Piece. The man wasn't really some omnipotent being, but rather through his exploits of liberating and saving the people he came across, he came to be viewed as one. This is 100 percent more inline with everything Oda has been telling us about "Gods" this entire time. Sure people can make the argument about Nika's abilities being a "Devil Fruit", but the fact remains that we don't even know how Devil Fruits came into existence.

It seems like there is a much deeper underling message that Oda is going for here with his concept of "Gods" in the story, and it seems that now that we are fast approaching EoS, it is all starting to come to light.
I don't want to disagree but every normal human don't end up returning 800 years after as a df recarnation.

But the thing about Nika, is he is spoken about as if he was some real life flesh and blood individual, who went around liberating people. Kind of hard, if he was omnipotent concept who lives outside the bounds of reality, don't you think?
Yeah but this can be explained by the fact that it was just another user of the Nika fruit.
This comparation with celestial dragons wont do it, what celestial dragons? The likes of charlos, doflamingo or the elders? A fruit with them makes no sense.
This thing with the gods and the origin of devil fruits should be explained at some point, but I have a feeling that oda wont be able himself to write something convincing.
So yeah my point is that those gods are not in any way comparable with the likes of charlos and so on, those devil fruits probably comes from another plane of existence, with phoenixes, gods and so on.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

But the thing about Nika, is he is spoken about as if he was some real life flesh and blood individual, who went around liberating people. Kind of hard to gain that reputation, if he was omnipotent concept who lives outside the bounds of reality, don't you think?
No it was just another user of the fruit

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

Or it could just be that the previous user of the Nika fruit went around liberating people and the liberated attributed that to Nika, like how the user of the Phoenix fruit has the epithet of "the Phoenix" , or the user of the Seiryu fruit is also termed as a Dragon at times.

I really like all these different angles people are trying for to post-hoc rationalise Oda’s gutter trash writing. I’d rate this one as significantly better than the crayon eater on Reddit trying to twist ニヤ sfx from a chapter 20 years ago as foreshadowing Nika (ニカ). But I digress.

The fact that the fruit is a mythical Zoan by definition means that Nika is a mythological figure or deity. Makami, or Yamatrash’s fruit was outright stated to be the guardian deity of Wano in-series. There is a Buddha and a Japanese concept of hell and Enma Dai Ou. Not too bad of an effort trying to make Luffy look less like the Gary Stu plot warping Naruto ripoff that this series is rapidly becoming though 👍🏻

Edit: An actual example of someone being considered a god through their deeds is Ryuma, the God of the Blade. And yet there is no Ryuma mythical Zoan! Curious 🧐

Last edited:

Devil fruits can be made after Gods without it giving the user omnipotence. Otherwise Oda fucked up by not making Sengoku a narrative-defining character like Luffy who can change the world (then again Luffy getting special treatment isn't new). There are others who are called Gods for specific individual achievements, such as Ryuma, but Nika has abilities outside of regular humans' grasp, hence the devil fruit. Like how there are flesh and blood dogs in One Piece, but only one seemed to have nine tales and transformation abilities that give catarina devon her powers.

B

Ballel

100/10 post

People who whine about mUh goD fRuiT LuFfY bEiNg cARrIed bY GOd sPIRiT are just salty Luffy haters

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
Ok. With that thinking I can easily say what was sitting on my gut from a bit now, since the Marineford.

If the personas like Buddha and Nika used to exist and all, having their outrageous powers and all, is it possible that after reaching that God point, maybe after death or so, they might give a birth to a DF strongly linked to them, being some kind of protoplasts of it or having it in I don't know, heart??? If you get what I have on mind. Since there's no such thing as a straight up God slash Gods but fruits after them.

:luuh:

B

Ballel

Ok. With that thinking I can easily say what was sitting on my gut from a bit now, since the Marineford.

If the personas like Buddha and Nika used to exist and all, having their outrageous powers and all, is it possible that after reaching that God point, maybe after death or so, they might give a birth to a DF strongly linked to them, being some kind of protoplasts of it or having it in I don't know, heart??? If you get what I have on mind. Since there's no such thing as a straight up God slash Gods but fruits after them.

:luuh:
OOOR
the DF's were made before acient kingdom and those individuals truly lived.
They were powerful and ispirational beings so the people who turned their DNA/spirits into.df s called them "gods"