News NO CHAPTER Until Mid October Due To EIICHIRO ODA's Health

Where are the haters now who wanted him to die and be replaced by a "competent author"?
Nobody wished him to die, stop putting words into others' mouth.

But it's already a fact that some users here can write One Piece better than Oda, at least for certain parts.
For example, Buusatan and playa can write "Big mom and her crew's treatment" and "what's happening during Fire Festival" parts better than Oda.

B

Ballel

Nobody wished him to die, stop putting words into others' mouth.

But it's already a fact that some users here can write One Piece better than Oda, at least for certain parts.
For example, Buusatan and playa can write "Big mom and her crew's treatment" and "what's happening during Fire Festival" parts better than Oda.
Yeah I was quoting ppl tho. I'm not putting words into ppls mouth.

A
Bad news !!!
Oda is ill, it is primordial for him to be healed and to rest. He said a few days ago that he would like to draw the chapter n°1000 before the end of the year, but he can't due to his bad health. Be strong for him and very comprehensive ! Let's support him ! Be patient ! The next chapter will be on mid October.
Thank you for the Info.
I wish Oda gets well soon.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yeah. You don't like it don't read it if you read it for free and Oda is a human after all not his fault he can't keep his promise due to his health issue.
No please not health argument not that!

Listen I don't read anyway right now but after seeing what people create around Oda ( Protective shield ) it's just annoying.

Right now you can't say anything bad about Oda just because he got sick.

I don't mean about chapter release because I don't read it anyway.

Just using health arguments and saying that you are disrespecting his work because you don't like what he did with a chapter or his decision is wrong.

Is it my or someone else's fault that he overworks himself and doesn't sleep properly?

No!

Is he the only working person in the world? This might shock you but no.

Stop making God out of a human and protect him like you'd protect ur sister's virginity.

No one wishes him to die but the courses he took with the story after the time skip are just bad.

B

Ballel

I think any mangaka who draws a serie for more than 10 years should strongly consider to "just" work on the script while directing other illustrators.
I get it's hard to abandon a bit your creation but physical and mental health is more important than that.
Oda doesn't seem to think that way tho.

At some point those mangakas need to change their lifestyle, include some healthy activities that can balance the negative parts that their professional activities have on their health.
So many of them are getting sick so often.
Why can't they just use external help? They can have an artist draw their manga and they can focus on the story? If it was this way we would have seen hxh and berserk finished?

Why can't they just use external help? They can have an artist draw their manga and they can focus on the story? If it was this way we would have seen hxh and berserk finished?
That would be a solution but I think some people want to have 100% control over their story and that includes the drawings.
Maybe they envision it a special way that they don't think someone else would be able to convey. I can also understand that.

For Oda so far I can't say it's a necessary need at the moment, before 2020 and the situation with the coronavirus he was doing around 40 chapters a year which is a good pace imo.

We need to wait how it's going to be the next months but around 30 chapters a year is still good.

We haven't reached Togashi level yet.

If he drops less than 10 chapters a year for a ceratin amount of time then I think he would need to find a way to improve that pace.