Break Week .

Most overlooked aspect within those Commander debates:
Marco is not an ancient Zoan! People seem to understand the difference on an etymological level, but really don't get what it actually means.. or they simply underestimate Ancient Zoans, I dunno.
Ancient Zoans have that superb strrength, great recovery and insane durability, that was extra highlighted mutliple times.
Marco is an myhtical Zoan, means that besides the special quirk of his myhtical animal - the phoenix flame shockwaves and its regerneration- we have no reason to assume that he can hold a candle to hybrid King if we are talking about base stats. That's unless the mythical beast also has special quirks in relation to base stats or is in general just super powerful, which his phoenix fruit never got hype for in any shape or form.
The stat department is actually King's thing.

When Marco has used up all his phoenix flames it's likely that he will turn into a physically much weaker version of Hybrid King. And yeah i understand that Marco is a very likeable character, but if that happens, I fully expect King with ancient Zoan stats and his fire game to make quick work out of Marco.
I atleast can see it happening.

Most overlooked aspect within those Commander debates:
Marco is not an ancient Zoan! People seem to understand the difference on an etymological level, but really don't get what it actually means.. or they simply underestimate Ancient Zoans, I dunno.
Ancient Zoans have that superb strrength, great recovery and insane durability, that was extra highlighted mutliple times.
Marco is an myhtical Zoan, means that besides the special quirk of his myhtical animal - the phoenix flame shockwaves and its regerneration- we have no reason to assume that he can hold a candle to hybrid King if we are talking about base stats. That's unless the mythical beast also has special quirks in relation to base stats or is in general just super powerful, which his phoenix fruit never got hype for in any shape or form.
The stat department is actually King's thing.

When Marco has used up all his phoenix flames it's likely that he will turn into a physically much weaker version of Hybrid King. And yeah i understand that Marco is a very likeable character, but if that happens, I fully expect King with ancient Zoan stats and his fire game to make quick work out of Marco.
I atleast can see it happening.
Marco has too much hype to lose 1 on 1 to King.Oda won't treat him like that.

How would Marco even get taken down huh?

King knocks him out and then what Marco just sleeps there until morning ?

Marco's ability is too troublesome, he can't just freely roam around. I think Oda is going to pull some bs like putting seastone cuffs on him.

Ideally he just goes to reinforce either Law and Kid or he fights Kaido until Luffy returns

Not even Kizaru could took Marco (with Seastone), let alone King with Marco without that handicap.
Not the same.

Marco is practically unkillable as long as his stamina can keep up. Kizaru would waste precious time beating down Marco, same reason BM chose to run from him.

Marco already wasted large amounts of stamina even before fighting King 1v1, so the chances of him losing now are much higher.

Last edited:
Not the same.

Marco is practically unkillable as long as his stamina can keep up. Kizaru would waste precious time beating down Marco, same reason BM chose to run from him.

Marco already wasted large amounts of stamina even before fighting King 1v1, so the chances of him losing now are much higher rn
Him fightning King, Queen and some other randoms for an hour (and 30 min vs King and maybe his flying squad) is less demanding (stamina wise) than fightning the elite of the Navy (Admirals, VA, etc) for hours, and he had Seastone as well for a significant amount of time.

Him fightning King, Queen and some other randoms for an hour (and 30 min vs King and maybe his flying squad) is less demanding (stamina wise) than fightning the elite of the Navy (Admirals, VA, etc) for hours, and he had Seastone as well for a significant amount of time.
For hours ?

Hasn't the Marineford war not been like less than 3 hours or so iirc?

Marco and Kizaru maybe clashes for some minutes, I definitely think what Marco has done so far in Wano was far more taxing to his body. He used his flames on multiple fronts at the same time.

- Fighting King and Queen ( healing himself over and over)
- healing the live floor, protecting chopper and the other docs, then fighting King 1v1 for another hour

H

humanbeing

Marco doesn't know where luffy is and is engaged with king. It's far easier for luffy to just fly back up there himself.
that might be true but i am pretty sure that Zoro will fight King. just the fact that Marco's bounty will get revealed in the Vivre Card and not in the manga and that King's bounty didn't get revealed yet, and that Sanji fights Queen. Those things makes it obvious that King's final opponent is someone else and who please would be able to fight him others than Zoro?
If King was going to fight Zoro anyway then Oda would just show some pages of their fight and show their bounties together.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
that might be true but i am pretty sure that Zoro will fight King. just the fact that Marco's bounty will get revealed in the Vivre Card and not in the manga and that King's bounty didn't get revealed yet, and that Sanji fights Queen. Those things makes it obvious that King's final opponent is someone else and who please would be able to fight him others than Zoro?
If King was going to fight Zoro anyway then Oda would just show some pages of their fight and show their bounties together.
No he'd do the opposite. If he was gonna do a sanji queen zoro king thing he'd show king and Queens bounties together and Hybrids together make it clear.

Marco and Kizaru maybe clashes for some minutes, I definitely think what Marco has done so far in Wano was far more taxing to his body. He used his flames on multiple fronts at the same time.

- Fighting King and Queen ( healing himself over and over)
- healing the live floor, protecting chopper and the other docs, then fighting King 1v1 for another hour
+ He share his own flames with the live floor, with he didn´t do in MF probably knowing it would waste to much stamina.
He fighting two commanders at same time. He heal and run over all places, had a clash with BM.
Almost 2hours get over, he reach more and more his limit duo the fact that he also share it.

H

humanbeing

No he'd do the opposite. If he was gonna do a sanji queen zoro king thing he'd show king and Queens bounties together and Hybrids together make it clear.
he could did that too but there is a story between Sanji and Queen.
Queen's relation with Judge
Both have scientific battle
Both are into Momo's sister.
Zoro even didn't know he has king's haki till recently he needs to train himself little bit in that and Kaido is not really the suitable person for that. i dont say that Zoro will not fight Kaido again later just for the Moment he would fight King since King is more or less is the only swordman in the crew.